Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options
1244245246247248250»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

You're right. This is new:

Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada initiative will be posted on this page at a later date. Thank you for your interest! The 2014 application process will be conducted in two stages. The first stage will be conducted completely online through IEC Kompass account, including the submission of all supporting documents electronically. Paper applications will not be accepted.
    To start your IEC application, consult the Application Step-by-Step Guide.

I tried to create a Kompass account but it won't let me.

"

The 2013 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with Ireland is closed. The quota for 2013 is full and we are not accepting new applications.
    Information regarding the opening of the 2014 International Experience Canada will be posted on this page in the fall of 2013.
    To participate in the 2014 International Experience (IEC) initiative, you will be required to create a new online account, complete the 2014 application form and send all required documents.
    We thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada."

So, they are indeed preparing. The final step should be a notice that it's open that you can create a Kompass account. :rolleyes:

yeah all looks like a good signs hopefully its soon ! should be anyways id say !

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Carlsson wrote: »
    You will need to pay with debit/credit card (mastercard and visa) online directly in your kompass account, that was the only way to pay week ago when I applied for WH from Croatia. Also, you can pay with card of your parents/friend/etc., doesn't matter.

Do you need to screenshot proof of this payment or what way does it work? Does it just open a window to make the payment in the same way you buy anything online, concert tickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Anybody on here any advice on cost of vehicles/car insurance? I heard car insurance is astronomical and people been quoted 5,000 for a year. Any of the 2013 IEC people got sorted with cars and any tips on good insurance companies etc that recognise our driving history? Maybe we should have a thread on that kinda thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Anybody on here any advice on cost of vehicles/car insurance? I heard car insurance is astronomical and people been quoted 5,000 for a year. Any of the 2013 IEC people got sorted with cars and any tips on good insurance companies etc that recognise our driving history? Maybe we should have a thread on that kinda thing?

Think it varies from province to province... but in BC anyway the insurance is done though a single company ICBC. Who also doing the licensing. Insurance is expensive but don't think its as high as 5000. That said I haven't got a car yet.

If you don't need a car too much, there are car sharing schemes like Modo, Zipcar and Car2Go. They have worked well for me so far and save the hassle of insurance and maintenance.

Oh yeah and don't forget you have to sit a test to get a Canadian license, which you can only do after 2 years of an Irish license. Your Irish license is not recognized after 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Carlsson

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Do you need to screenshot proof of this payment or what way does it work? Does it just open a window to make the payment in the same way you buy anything online, concert tickets etc.

Yes it redirects you to another site (Netbanx if I remember) where you can make payment just like when paying on ebay etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Vitriol19

Hey, so just to clarify I'm just wondering does this mean that are can start your IEC working hol visa, come back to Ireland for a few months before you actual move to Canada without affecting your visa??
    Hey man, sorry about the delay, its been a mad week. anyway, I think i may have confused you here, my apologies, the 21 day rule applys to your insurance.
    Here's what it says:

:
    For journeys back to Ireland, the maximum amount of time you can spend is 21 days. Any trips back to Ireland for longer than 21 days will result in your Insurance being invaldiated

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Vitriol19 wrote: »
    Hey, so just to clarify I'm just wondering does this mean that are can start your IEC working hol visa, come back to Ireland for a few months before you actual move to Canada without affecting your visa??

Maybe, if you got other insurance. remember, you cant get into the country without proof of insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where on earth do I find my Cic Number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

The insurance thing is a joke. They don't even check it anymore it shouldnt be a requirement.

Mine and my 4 friends weren't even checked for insurance and that was with different border agents. I spent 450 euro on insurance for 2 years. you should only need 3 months but have to get MSP or something. wouldve suited me much better. It's $180 to see a doctor in the walk in clinic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    The insurance thing is a joke. They don't even check it anymore it shouldnt be a requirement.

Mine and my 4 friends weren't even checked for insurance and that was with different border agents. I spent 450 euro on insurance for 2 years. you should only need 3 months but have to get MSP or something. wouldve suited me much better. It's $180 to see a doctor in the walk in clinic!

I might just get it anyway, I am THE GUY that crosses his T's and dots his i's but dodging one in one thousand times, gets caught...:eek:

Most places in Ire won't do 2 years I see? Best quotes I'm seeing is Blue Insurance for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 janettelo

Hi i got a late conditional acceptance from the iec i have started the stage 2 cic however there is a change in the medical since November 2013 and wondered if anyone else has figured out how to get around it. In the new process you need an IEM or UCI number when calling to make the apt with the doctor however neither are given at this stage. kinda a catch 22! help

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Vitriol19

Hi all, me again :) I am traveling to Calgary in march with my 2013 iec visa and am currently looking into insurance... I was planning to go with USITs option but I'm wondering from your experience is there any more comprehensive health insurance I should be looking into?
    Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brian89

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when the 2014 IEC will open? I am getting more and more eager to get to Canada.
    Out of curiosity do any of the IEC 2013 guys remember when it was first opened?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

brian89 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any idea when the 2014 IEC will open? I am getting more and more eager to get to Canada.
    Out of curiosity do any of the IEC 2013 guys remember when it was first opened?

Cheers

It was on January 29th 2013 - so that's no use to you I'm afraid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brian89

Cheers CBCB2.

It gives me a kind of guideline, that hopefully the IEC will open there 2014 application soon.

Fingers crossed for this week coming up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Unstickying this thread now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulmartin28

hi i paid my iec fee and just submitted my cic application but forgot to pay cic fee well it didnt give me an option to pay anybody tell me anyting about this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

hi i paid my iec fee and just submitted my cic application but forgot to pay cic fee well it didnt give me an option to pay anybody tell me anyting about this

You're posting in last year's thread, and if you studied the IEC site correctly, you'd know the IEC fee is the only one you need to pay. Check out the FAQ by Faith on this forum, it's really helpful. Stage 2 thread will be good to check out if you've recently submitted your CIC applications too. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulmartin28

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irishcailin89

HI could someone tell me the best way of claiming back your tax from canada here in ireland. I've looked at taxback but it has a fee. are all the sites the same ? thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Tourin

I am confused about teh photo as well how are you including the signature on the back?
    Or is that only for photos you are posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Tourin wrote: »
    I am confused about teh photo as well how are you including the signature on the back?
    Or is that only for photos you are posting?

I'm confused about where you're getting your info from!! Nothing needs to be signed. Nothing needs to be posted either. I think perhaps you should have a read through the required docs in your MyCIC account again, and maybe the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum. That should clear things up for you hopefully!

PS this is last years thread. You'd be better off posting in the 2014 thread if you need any more help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement