Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi, does anyone know when the IEC came out last year, I know it doesnt really make any difference and might not be an indication of this years date, but just for interests sake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

It was open sometime in December and took applications on the first of jan:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know when the IEC came out last year, I know it doesnt really make any difference and might not be an indication of this years date, but just for interests sake?

December 20th-ish if memory serves

Thanks, just wondering, it would have been nice if it was the same this year, it is like waiting for a kettle to boil

Ah stop its unreal bad waiting everyday for some news and then nothing happens worse when your not working as you know the minute you get the visa(if i do) i will be gone:)

Where you hoping to go?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Ah jaysus lads i cant wait for these visas to come out:D Any day now.

Deffo this week i can feel it in me water:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Haha, wonder is there many heading for toronto? most seem to be for calgary...i think calgary will become the new van/to in time!

I am planning on heading to Toronto first, the co. are work for have offices there so hoping they will take me on, but yeah the majority seem to be going elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Hey Guys,

Have a buddy who is Canadian and works in immigration over in Canada. He was telling me they have opened up to somcountries already and unlike last year there alot more online work so they can't open everything together in case of a system crash and it'll be the next few days.

Just wanted to warn however he said this will be the strictest year with regards errors and there will be applications just thrown to side if error and it unlikely they'll be revsited before May due to amount of applications they expect (they expect record amount of applications from UK) which all crossover a main system and told me main areas were employment info is correct and extremely accurate on all documents as well as having police certs in date and mentioned about the photographs being of certain way (passport syle but some booths don't give right material backing and advised a chemist to do job). And alot more stern on medical forms (don't apply to Irish)

For what it's worth too, he said Calgary is extremely hard to get a job of degree stature in first few month and advied getting bar work as it only low paid jobs you get starting off BUT bar work allows tips but more importantlyit the best way to network and meet people and this is how you get decent job. Also said the province of Alberta has some good jobs (like away from Calgary) and it not alot of difference because Calgary isn't really a city atmophere.

Hope this Info helps and best of luck to all applicants.

• Advertisement

Hey guys if you have a middle name which is listed on your passport and police clearance should you put this into CV and all other documents which you will be filling your name on? i think i might just to be on the safe side as they seem like there going to be out to catch you on everything this year. and also is it just a copy of the birthcert they need?:)
    Cheers Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

The waitings killing me! Me and the missus's visa's run out mid March, its gonna be tight running at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Hey guys if you have a middle name which is listed on your passport and police clearance should you put this into CV and all other documents which you will be filling your name on? i think i might just to be on the safe side as they seem like there going to be out to catch you on everything this year. and also is it just a copy of the birthcert they need?:)
    Cheers Ross

They usually have a section on all the forms for middle name, nickname so put it there. The cv can be totally different from one you intend on using in Canada so you might as well put it on it to be on the safe side.
    It is just a photocopy of birth cert you need. This probably doesn't apply to you, but it has to be the long birth cert.
    Years ago they used to give out a short and a long cert. You would know if it was a short one, it is very small and written on it. Just in case anyone still has the short one, it's not valid for anything anymore so doubt anyone still has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Hey guys,

Just on birth cert....I have the long version but its a really weird size...not A4 or anything like that...so Im not sure how I will go about photocopying it onto one sheet...

Do I have the right version? Dont want any mistakes in application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Same Batigol. Just get it scanned. I don't, maybe an A3 or to A4. A4 might be too small to read though. I need to get mone done today...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

seachto7 wrote: »
    Same Batigol. Just get it scanned. I don't, maybe an A3 or to A4. A4 might be too small to read though. I need to get mone done today...

Where does it say we need to submit a birth cert ?....are yee prepping, just to be on the safe side ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm 99% sure a birth cert is needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 _Cludo_

Is it open for registration or are visas open yet?

Im thinking of going over now and just wondering is anyone going over independantly without the likes of usit or sayit or go4less. Going through it all by themselves?

What documents are required for it, like passport, birth cert, garda vett??

Where is the majority of people heading?

Thanks guys

Yeah you need to produce birth cert and I may be mistaken but do they require it to be the original and they take a copy of it.

Not open yet but you need all the above and basically it a case of are you confident enough of not making a mistake as that will really delay process. USIT/GO4LESS don't guarantee a visa only make sure forms are correctly filled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Few threads have been merged into one big massive source for everything and anything to do with Canada's 2013 IEC program.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Whoo Megathread :D!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ledge87

I got this email from IEC It looks like they will post all the info including an opening date and give everyone about a week or so to get everything together

Please be advised that all the details pertaining to the changes to
    eligibility criteria, opening date, application process, as well as
    duration of work permits, will be published on our website early in 2013
    and before the initiative re-opens in order to allow applicants to
    prepare.

Please continue to monitor our website for further details:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experien
    ce_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=7&view=d

Sincerely,

The IEC Team

UK / Ireland

Have an IEC related question? Please check our detailed FAQ section on
    our website before emailing us:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experien
    ce_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d[/B][/B][/B]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Gah now I have to put all the places on my courses and stuff (like wicklow ireland etc). And try to remember when I went to England the last time!! cripes, the effort :/ Hurry up police cert and passport (and yes I know I only applied for them yesterday, but yakno)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Nope, no birth cert last year anyway ( as oer the official instructions) that said it could all be very different this year!!

Just checked and I didn't need to send a birth cert last year - the following is copied and pasted from the original instructions guide from LAST YEAR 2012.

The Application Package that you send to The High Commission of Canada to the UK in London consists of two sets of documents that have to be submitted together. The first set of documents will be reviewed by the International Experience Canada (IEC) section to assess your eligibility to participate in IEC. The second set of documents will be reviewed by the Visa Section to assess your admissibility to Canada and for a work permit.
    1st set of documents (IEC criteria):
    1.IEC Application and Declarations form | PDF (1.3 MB); Instruction Guide , * ;

2.A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

2nd set of documents (admissibility to Canada):
    3.Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295) | PDF (222 KB), Instruction Guide (IMM5487), *;

4.Family Information form (IMM5645)| PDF (64 KB) *;

5.Two passport-sized photos; see photo requirements and specifications;

6.A second legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport's issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 12 months plus the processing time plus one day posted on our website. If you need to renew your passport in order to meet this requirement, you must do so before submitting your application. Do not
    send your original passport. There must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.

7.A complete and up-to-date version of your Curriculum Vitae. Specify the dates (month, year) and locations (city, country) of all your study, work, and travel experiences over the past five years.

8.An original GARDA Police Certificate.

9.Medical Examination Declaration | PDF (103 KB) *

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Guys, I was looking at doing the IEC with USIT. Was just going over the details on their website. Am I right in reading you have to purchase insurance seperately (it's not in the 299 outlay) and for one year it's 299 euro? (499 for 2 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Augmerson wrote: »
    Guys, I was looking at doing the IEC with USIT. Was just going over the details on their website. Am I right in reading you have to purchase insurance seperately (it's not in the 299 outlay) and for one year it's 299 euro? (499 for 2 years).

just dont go with usit!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

media101 wrote: »
    just dont go with usit!!

Would you go on your own then or with Go 4 Less?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

im filling out all the paper work myself but if i have any questions i know i can ask the million people on this thread and they will give me the right answer. whereas usit and go4less just look over ur paper work and tell u if its wrong, sure u can get someone in ur family to do that!
    and if ur going with friends ye can just fill it all out together, and if ur going on ur own then ur always have everyone on here to help u out :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Have a buddy who is Canadian and works in immigration over in Canada. He was telling me they have opened up to somcountries already and unlike last year there alot more online work so they can't open everything together in case of a system crash and it'll be the next few days.

Just wanted to warn however he said this will be the strictest year with regards errors and there will be applications just thrown to side if error and it unlikely they'll be revsited before May due to amount of applications they expect (they expect record amount of applications from UK) which all crossover a main system and told me main areas were employment info is correct and extremely accurate on all documents as well as having police certs in date and mentioned about the photographs being of certain way (passport syle but some booths don't give right material backing and advised a chemist to do job). And alot more stern on medical forms (don't apply to Irish)

For what it's worth too, he said Calgary is extremely hard to get a job of degree stature in first few month and advied getting bar work as it only low paid jobs you get starting off BUT bar work allows tips but more importantlyit the best way to network and meet people and this is how you get decent job. Also said the province of Alberta has some good jobs (like away from Calgary) and it not alot of difference because Calgary isn't really a city atmophere.

Hope this Info helps and best of luck to all applicants.

your buddy that works in immigration is saying that if you have a degree in calgary its very hard to get a start, is that what your saying?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement