Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Labyrinth is on most if not all the South American regions for anyone who fancies a bit of Bowie considering the day that's in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

warpdrive wrote: »
    Going on holidays to parts of E. Europe, they seem to have a really good selection of movies already available there. Am I right in assuming it's because there probably aren't many big channels that would have the movie rights locked down like Sky do with movies in the UK and Ireland? Since not many people in those countries would be able to afford the prices of subscriptions to such channels. Even Netflix's €7.99 would be considered expensive to a lot of people there.

Don't think they are anywhere in East Europe yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've had nothing less than 1080 and have had no issues with Netflix at all lately. UPC in Dublin.

Aaaa and now mine has stopped working. Having no issue streaming anything else though ( touch wood)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

Don't think they are anywhere in East Europe yet?

They launched in Russia and Ukraine anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Labyrinth is on most if not all the South American regions for anyone who fancies a bit of Bowie considering the day that's in it :(

The Prestige is on many Netflix regions too and if you're in New Zealand or Australia you could watch Twine Peaks:Fire Walk With Me!
    https://flixsearch.io/person/david-bowie

• Advertisement

Another nifty site to supplement Netflix which allows you to view user created wish lists - https://www.filmefy.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Watched Still Alice on Netflix Ireland at the weekend. Very moving movie with an outstanding performance but now I'm having minor panic attacks anytime I have a brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

warpdrive wrote:
    They launched in Russia and Ukraine anyway

OK, I can't fly there with my current airline UNO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Bug trouble in little china on Irish Netflix....what a film

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Hummingbird Film with Jason Statham - an Average Watchable film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As an aside since it was mentioned earlier, if anyone with UPC/Virgin Media is experiencing reduced Netflix quality during peak times, add yourself to the chorus in this thread. It appears to be a routing problem (see Kensington's excellent post here) which VM so far aren't acknowledging.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057547730/

As an aside since it was mentioned earlier, if anyone with UPC/Virgin Media is experiencing reduced Netflix quality during peak times, add yourself to the chorus in this thread. It appears to be a routing problem (see Kensington's excellent post here) which VM so far aren't acknowledging.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057547730/

I havent watched netflix in a few days but put it on tonight and its awful. Constant buffering.

Anyway wont stay off topic here. Ill follow the thread you linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

If you use a vpn to change region will your netflix account change region as well?

InTheTrees wrote: »
    If you use a vpn to change region will your netflix account change region as well?

I don't know what VPN stands for but if you go on your holidays to Spain and login to Netflix you access the Spain Netflix titles. Same goes for any other country.

f you go on your holidays to Spain, USA Japan or anywhere else and login to Netflix, you access that regions Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

November Man a good triller - Njoy'd it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,370 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All About Eve added to Netflix Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

Ageyev wrote: »
    I don't know what VPN stands for but if you go on your holidays to Spain and login to Netflix you access the Spain Netflix titles. Same goes for any other country.

f you go on your holidays to Spain, USA Japan or anywhere else and login to Netflix, you access that regions Netflix.

VPN stands for 'Virtual Private Network'. You can use a VPN to fake your location in general. Different apps and plugins are available to do this. ZenMate is a good plugin that can be installed in Chrome and it has an app as well available for iPhone and Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

fad460 wrote: »
    VPN stands for 'Virtual Private Network'. You can use a VPN to fake your location in general. Different apps and plugins are available to do this. ZenMate is a good plugin that can be installed in Chrome and it has an app as well available for iPhone and Android.

I think you'll find that we're not allowed to talk about those. We are allowed to talk about our holiday plans though. Currently I'm holidaying in Canada.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No regional workaround discussion please, guys. Read the first post. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

fad460 wrote: »

Clearly unaware lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 fad460

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think you'll find that we're not allowed to talk about those. We are allowed to talk about our holiday plans though. Currently I'm holidaying in Canada.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

phoenix-poster.png

In my humble opinion one of the best films of 2015, Phoenix is on Netflix USA.

Reviews and plot here, I have just finished my nightshift as my bed is calling, but its very enjoyable, hopefully it nabs an oscar nomination later.:)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/phoenix_2015/
    trailer

I'll be cancelling if it happens.

Irish netflix is terrible and theres no way their vision of having the same thing on every region will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I'll be cancelling if it happens.

Irish netflix is terrible and theres no way their vision of having the same thing on every region will happen.

Terrible to you.

Honestly there is a lot of stuff on there. I have been on it for almost a year and there is still a lot of stuff for me yet to watch. Never seen another version but my mind baffles at the thought of even more

Guys, there's a thread discussing Netflix's recent announcement in the Online TV forum. I suggest we take any discussion of this there and keep this thread for film recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The connection has been added to Irish Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Guys, there's a thread discussing Netflix's recent announcement in the Online TV forum. I suggest we take any discussion of this there and keep this thread for film recommendations.

Apologies for that.

I've just rewatched Trivia, thought it was one of RTEs better efforts in recent years. Funny and quite touching.

Watched Say Anything too, to relive my youth.

Important to note -

Netflix has announced that it has started clamping down on region bypassing.
    Video-streaming giant Netflix has said it is going to stop subscribers from using internet proxies to view content not available in their home countries.
    Due to licensing agreements, Netflix content varies between countries - many users have a virtual private network (VPN) or other proxy to get round this.
    The firm said it would increase efforts in the next few weeks to block the use of such proxies

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35320436

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Important to note -

Also important to note: the post three above yours ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement