Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

"Scorpion" (2014) US TV series.

Unwatchable tripe about 4 computer geeks who are taken on by Homeland Security to fight terrorism using their laptops and superior intelligence. It's rare that I give up on a series after one episode but this is one of them. Watch the trailer below and you'll see what I mean. 0/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Does anyone know if/when season 4 of Suits will be on Netflix Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Separate threads for film & TV
    Kevwoody wrote: »
    Does anyone know if/when season 4 of Suits will be on Netflix Ireland?

I found episodes 1-10 of season 4 on Canada.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I only watch Netflix on my iPhone or through chromecast, so as far as I'm aware, I can't change regions?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I only watch Netflix on my iPhone or through chromecast, so as far as I'm aware, I can't change regions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kevwoody wrote: »

Not well up on additions to different regions unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

You are so wrong sir, best value in the history of filmed content, Not enough time in the day to watch all the excellent documentaries, films and TV shows on Netflix worldwide.

Agree, only one nit pick from me is their foreign movie collection is quite disappointing would like to see them approve on that. They have some wonderful films but just not enough. Like to see them add a few more monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Del.Monte wrote: »
    "Scorpion" (2014) US TV series.

Unwatchable tripe about 4 computer geeks who are taken on by Homeland Security to fight terrorism using their laptops and superior intelligence. It's rare that I give up on a series after one episode but this is one of them. Watch the trailer below and you'll see what I mean. 0/10

The premise is actually good but the execution is terrible. It's far too bright and cheery and there are too many geeky romances. If it was darkened down with the lead character being taken advantage of by homeland swcurity I could see it being much more watchable, that's not the case and it's difficult to argue with your rating.

The man it's based on (Walter obrien) was born in Wexford. It's debatable whether he did any of the stuff he claimed to do like hacking NASA aged 13 or working for the government. Any time he's asked about it he routinely says "I can't get into it due to confidentiality" which may be true but makes me think he's a bull****er who's found a very good way to market his computer security company, funny enough also called Scorpion!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,370 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Star Wars Episode IV added to Netflix Brazil.

None of the others have been added yet.

This is the first time any of the Star Wars films have been on any of the Netflix regions.

Edit. Han fires second version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

This is the first time any of the Star Wars films have been on any of the Netflix regions.

it will probably be added to different regions in the next few days to get people (more) ready for the force awakens as sky have been running ads for the Uk and ireland that they are going to show them all in the run up

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gave a little film called People Places Things a look on the us site and really enjoyed it, mainly because Jermaine Clement was the lead in it. It was very light viewing and unlikely to make you question your existence or anything but funny and poignant all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Apparently Disney are restoring the original Trilogy as they were before Lucas added the appalling CG stuff to them in the 90s, ie as they appeared in the cinema in the 70s and 80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Apparently Disney are restoring the original Trilogy as they were before Lucas added the appalling CG stuff to them in the 90s, ie as they appeared in the cinema in the 70s and 80s.

I'll believe that when I see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Trying to catch up on any great films of 2015 (as in, released in the UK and Ireland in 2015) that are on any Netflix region.

Here are some (I haven't seen them all - but they've been highly praised by at least one reputable source).

Canada Netflix

Birdman
    Foxcatcher
    Whiplash
    Kingsman
    It Follows
    Selma
    While We're Young

UK/Ireland Netflix

Love is Strange
    Force Majeure
    White God

Australia Netflix

Big Hero 6

US Netflix

The Duke of Burgundy
    A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence
    Girlhood
    A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
    Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Canon Films
    The Wolfpack
    The Nightmare

If there are any more great films from 2015 that you would add to the list, please do.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

French Netflix

The Gift

Canadian Netflix

Ex Machina

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Add your reply here.

Add your reply here.

I'll be keeping my VHS tapes just in case :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Add your reply here.

Add your reply here.

I'll be keeping my VHS tapes just in case :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Watched John Mulaney's The Comeback Kid the other night and it was pretty funny. Any other good stand-up specials up? Loved Stewart Lee's The 41st Best Standup too.

e_e wrote: »

Watched John Mulaney's The Comeback Kid the other night and it was pretty funny. Any other good stand-up specials up? Loved Stewart Lee's The 41st Best Standup too.

A list of Netflix backed stand up speicals about half way down in the link

Netflix are starting to make more and more of them Jimmy Carr just shot one for a them last month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The two Bill Burr specials are brilliant. Demetri Martin's special is good and if you haven't seen the Louis CK one you're really missing out. Dave Atell and Mike Birbiglia are worth checking out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

His first two albums are also on Spotify, both of which are very good (although I think hes a really love him or hate him type comedian).

Mike Birbiglias My Girlfriends Boyfriend was very funny too, well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Jim Gaffigan's specials are pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Last Days in Vietnam - great documentary with footage of the US' evacuation of Saigon. On all regions including Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Is Moreflicks not working for everyone ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

s8n wrote: »
    Is Moreflicks not working for everyone ?

Works for me, has changed layout in the last few days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

da_hambo wrote: »
    Last Days in Vietnam - great documentary with footage of the US' evacuation of Saigon. On all regions including Ireland.

Saigon! hell of a place, ive seen alot of death, alot of suffering, a darkness alot of people couldnt stand to see, i tried to sit it out as much as i could, no i dont like a little blood, blood aint the stuff for an 18 year old boy from Shiborgan, blood aint the stuff for Mitch Connor, and thats that, pack your bags your goin home, hugs and kisses from uncle sam

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

Finally finished OITNB. Never get to watch Netflix cause kids watching!! What's next for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

2 good foreign films on Canada netflix, Leviathon and Wild Tales, both nominated for 2015 foreign film oscars and fantastic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/leviafan/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wild_tales/

A Very Murray Christmas added to Netflix Ireland and all regions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

A Very Murray Christmas added to Netflix Ireland and all regions.

Is that a good Christmas film? Never heard of it......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement