Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://ukvapers.com/topic/11361-ss-mesh-wick-in-rta-rda/page__pid__169114#entry169114

ss mesh wick for the RTA, looks cool.

mainly just leaving this here so I can find it in the future :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

How are you guys measuring out your base liquids? I got some 2ml pipettes from inawera but they seem to be useless. I used a syringe for some batches, but once the level in the bottle goes down below where the needle reaches it's a pain in the ass trying to tilt the bottle and draw the liquid at the same time.

the ones from inawera are ****ing awful. i was confused as hell when I got them and ended up just using syringes or just "well that looks about 2 times as much as the 36mg base, i guess this is now 12mg"

http://liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=26

the 3ml pipettes here are great, and free delivery. quick enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Just take the plunger out of the syringe and use it like a graduated cylinder.
    Just hold it over the opening of the bottle your mixing into and flip it over when ya have your measurement.

doesnt the juice just drip out the hole in the syringe then?

• Advertisement

Derra wrote:
    Just take the plunger out of the syringe and use it like a graduated cylinder.
    Just hold it over the opening of the bottle your mixing into and flip it over when ya have your measurement.
    Thanks, I guess that's the way to go so, I thought there might have been some trick I was missing.
    doesnt the juice just drip out the hole in the syringe then?
    Yeah, that happened me when I tried it, leaving the (blunt) needle in helps though.

edit: I should probably try and find some kind of rubber cap or something that'll sit over it, might be a little easier/safer than using the needle, even a blunted one.

I just have it modified at the bottom of the tube so that nothing leaks out of it.
    You will figure out something.

anybody found that the bottles from inawera (10ml ones) are sh1te. they don't take the stardard top connection like e-liquid (from any other supplier that I've bought it from) so can't use them with funnel type connections for filling tanks / accurate pouring into something else. they are also flimsy in general.

Yeah, the 30ml ones aren't any better. And their own premade liquids come in the same bottles too. TBS has pretty decent bottles and bits and pieces, I think I'll be picking up some there with my next order.

liberty flights bottles seem to be the same bottles dekang uses, the 10ml ones anyway. pretty happy with them.

• Advertisement

just tried out some of my diy coconut at 15% (10% was too weak). it's pretty nice. steeped it for a week, then added another 5% and steeped again for another 4-5 days

it's a little.. I dunno. it's not really like eating a coconut although it has a strong coconut flavour. not an all day vape by any means, but pretty nice option to have around.

maybe it'd have been better if I left the 10% to steep for another week instead of adding the 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

liberty flights bottles seem to be the same bottles dekang uses, the 10ml ones anyway. pretty happy with them.

You can find them on ebay, postage kills the deal but there is something about discount for larger quantities;
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30ml-plastic-dropper-bottle-removable-spout-and-child-proof-cap-Pack-10-/160755284038?pt=UK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL&hash=item256dc2f846
    10ml
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10ml-plastic-dropper-bottle-removable-spout-and-child-proof-cap-Pack-10-/160755284985?pt=UK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL&hash=item256dc2fbf9

I've seen these on Alibaba for about 2 cents each but it's too much hassle doing a deal on that site without being ripped off.

black tea 10%

open up a teabag and stick your tongue inside it to get an idea of the flavour

weirdly enough it's still a pretty good vape, and it makes the room smell fantastic

inawera order came yesterday, was shipped on the 16th. i keep being surprised at how quickly their orders come, of all the stuff i was expecting a few other things but not the inawera order

old havana smells odd, tobacco but fruity
    turkish tobacco smells like turkish tobacco dekang.. really looking forward to this
    anise and eucalyptus both made me smile when I smelled the bottles.. I might actually find a menthol juice I like now with this eucalyptus. i might not even make a juice, just open the flavour bottle and smell it.
    tobacco c smells kinda like maple syrup. that'll be an interesting one. reminds me of gold ducat slightly
    wild strawberry reminds me of a sweet I had in america when i was a child. maybe a drink instead of a sweet. definite strawberry but.. not a usual strawberry, doesn't smell forced or unnatural at all.

got some american type and coffee paradiso too but I already know them and love them.

If their eucalyptus is anything like the plain menthol be careful how much you put in. It says 3% on their site, but I really love menthol so went to a little over 5%. after mixing it up it smelled a little weak and I was kinda disappointed. But when I actually tried vaping it, it was incredibly strong, I'll probably have to dilute it down some to actually use it.

inawera order came yesterday, was shipped on the 16th. i keep being surprised at how quickly their orders come, of all the stuff i was expecting a few other things but not the inawera order

old havana smells odd, tobacco but fruity
    turkish tobacco smells like turkish tobacco dekang.. really looking forward to this
    anise and eucalyptus both made me smile when I smelled the bottles.. I might actually find a menthol juice I like now with this eucalyptus. i might not even make a juice, just open the flavour bottle and smell it.
    tobacco c smells kinda like maple syrup. that'll be an interesting one. reminds me of gold ducat slightly
    wild strawberry reminds me of a sweet I had in america when i was a child. maybe a drink instead of a sweet. definite strawberry but.. not a usual strawberry, doesn't smell forced or unnatural at all.

got some american type and coffee paradiso too but I already know them and love them.

Let us know about the Old Havana, bought the Wild Strawberry before, tasted nicer in the DCC than my Bulli so swapped it for something else.

stevenmu wrote: »
    but I really love menthol

I have about 25ml of 16mg PG Menthol `Wiz mix from ECigWizard.com if you want it.
    Send me a PM if ya do.

Thanks for the offer, but between between the batch I made and the stockpile of premade stuff I have, I have about 120ml to get through at the moment :) So someone else might get better use out of it, or you might get a pm from me when I start running low and panicking :)

just made 120mls of juice
    3ml each of all my new ****
    and 60ml american type, 30ml us red mix
    all at 10%

this diy **** is pretty great

excluding postage, to make 30ml of 12mg american type it costs me 2.06 euro
    that's damned economical

How are you guys measuring out your base liquids? I got some 2ml pipettes from inawera but they seem to be useless. I used a syringe for some batches, but once the level in the bottle goes down below where the needle reaches it's a pain in the ass trying to tilt the bottle and draw the liquid at the same time.

I figured if anyone could find the laziest way of doing this it'd be me, so I sat down earlier today and thought about it

if you take the plunger out of the syringe, and put the syringe body sitting on your empty bottle of juice with the tip inside.. it makes a sort of seal. a very delicate seal, but kinda sealed.
    then you just pour your base juice in there, fill it up to the marking and stick the plunger in and push. once you have the plunger in you might have to lift the syringe slightly to break the seal before you "inject" the juice in.

you have to do it quickly enough as the juice will start to slowly drip into the bottle.. but it will do it slowly as it is kinda sealed with the body of the syringe pressed into the top of the bottle.

• Advertisement

If their eucalyptus is anything like the plain menthol be careful how much you put in. It says 3% on their site, but I really love menthol so went to a little over 5%. after mixing it up it smelled a little weak and I was kinda disappointed. But when I actually tried vaping it, it was incredibly strong, I'll probably have to dilute it down some to actually use it.

i put in 10%

I like your thinking. The lazy way is almost* always the best way.

*I had a bit of a disaster earlier filling the chibi. The juice I'm using is a pain to suck into a syringe through the needle, so I tried taking the plunger off the syringe and pouring in. When I put the plunger back in, it created more pressure than I thought, so juice started coming out straight away, trying to wedge the needle into the tank with juice already squirting out is harder than you'd think, and worse still all the pressure in the syringe seems to have pressurised the tank causing juice to squirt out of that too :) That took a bit of cleaning, but lesson learned.

i put in 10%

Then I hope the eucalyptus isn't as strong as the menthol :) Still, if the flavour is nice you can always dilute it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Sir Digby, have you tried the Turkish yet?
    I'm about to order some more diy stuff and if it good I'l get some.
    Even close will do, Turkish tobacco is my all day vape when I run out of diy juice, it would be DK Tab but nowhere in Ireland even dose a 30ml bottle.

I like your thinking. The lazy way is almost* always the best way.

*I had a bit of a disaster earlier filling the chibi. The juice I'm using is a pain to suck into a syringe through the needle, so I tried taking the plunger off the syringe and pouring in. When I put the plunger back in, it created more pressure than I thought, so juice started coming out straight away, trying to wedge the needle into the tank with juice already squirting out is harder than you'd think, and worse still all the pressure in the syringe seems to have pressurised the tank causing juice to squirt out of that too :) That took a bit of cleaning, but lesson learned.

ive gone very slap dash with my chibi lately. i just stick a scissors under the top grommet, lift it up and pour in from the bottle. then reseat the grommet slowly so air can escape. seems to work ok
    Then I hope the eucalyptus isn't as strong as the menthol :) Still, if the flavour is nice you can always dilute it down.

i dont really want it to be nice, i want it vape it just for the menthol rush. like sucking on a packet of halls in one go
    tommy2bad wrote: »
    Sir Digby, have you tried the Turkish yet?
    I'm about to order some more diy stuff and if it good I'l get some.
    Even close will do, Turkish tobacco is my all day vape when I run out of diy juice, it would be DK Tab but nowhere in Ireland even dose a 30ml bottle.

doesn't thhebestshop do 30ml of dk tab? hrm.. no, they used to I think. thevapourstore does 20ml anyway. if you love it that much, might be worth your while doing a slow order from healthcabin.

i havent tried the turkish yet.. going to let it steep for a week before I touch it. from what I smelled in the bottle, it's worth your while getting 5ml. very similar to dekang turkish from what I remember.

just did what I advise everyone who diy's to do

i had an empty 100ml 0mg bottle from inawera, so I put in 32ml of 36mg and 64ml of 0mg and now I have just about 100ml of 12mg
    no more ****ing about with two different bottles the next time I want to mix juices, I just drop in 5ml on the dot of my 12mg base and then add flavouring

gonna make everything so much quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

just did what I advise everyone who diy's to do

i had an empty 100ml 0mg bottle from inawera, so I put in 32ml of 36mg and 64ml of 0mg and now I have just about 100ml of 12mg
    no more ****ing about with two different bottles the next time I want to mix juices, I just drop in 5ml on the dot of my 12mg base and then add flavouring

gonna make everything so much quicker

Adding 10% flavor will leave you with 12 - 1.2 = 10.8mg juice.
    Going down on the nic nicely, you'll be at 6mg soon and buying at 4.99 cutting to 75/25 Ohoo around 3.50 a hundred ml. Nice one. Wish I was their.

yeah my bases are always 12 so I figured I was probably vaping somerwhere around 11mg, which is grand as thhe dekangs i was vaping for the last half year or more are 11mg too

my nic and 0mg nic bases are 50/50 pg/vg so I wont be diluting it with anything else

just made the mistake of watching a diy video on youtube, bastard starts off on a rant about how dangerous it is to get nicotine juice on your hands when mixing. not what I need to hear when I have a bloody predisposition to panic attacks :) **** might be true, but I dont want to bloody hear it!

oh, i tried some of that turkish. dripped into an atty. i think it needs some steeping but it was pretty nice just a few hours after I mixed it. lovely aroma when exhaled, not exactly like dekang turkish on the inhale but a nice flavour whatever it was.. I'll report back after a weeks steeping

old havana is kinda... fruitish tobacco, definitely going to need steeping. i only had a few vapes as that bastard panicked me so much about the nicotine im just not gona vape for an hour or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

yeah my bases are always 12 so I figured I was probably vaping somerwhere around 11mg, which is grand as thhe dekangs i was vaping for the last half year or more are 11mg too

my nic and 0mg nic bases are 50/50 pg/vg so I wont be diluting it with anything else

just made the mistake of watching a diy video on youtube, bastard starts off on a rant about how dangerous it is to get nicotine juice on your hands when mixing. not what I need to hear when I have a bloody predisposition to panic attacks :) **** might be true, but I dont want to bloody hear it!

oh, i tried some of that turkish. dripped into an atty. i think it needs some steeping but it was pretty nice just a few hours after I mixed it. lovely aroma when exhaled, not exactly like dekang turkish on the inhale but a nice flavour whatever it was.. I'll report back after a weeks steeping

old havana is kinda... fruitish tobacco, definitely going to need steeping. i only had a few vapes as that bastard panicked me so much about the nicotine im just not gona vape for an hour or two :)

Hmm will u post de link for that video im forever spilling e liquid on my hands. Maybe be safer if we all invest in disposable gloves...well actually i have some but im never ars** to put them on!

• Advertisement

ah all he said was "dont **** with this ****, wear gloves or be extra extra careful" there were no stats or anything
    anyway I got 36mg all over my hands and all that happened to me was I got real real nervy and alert for about half an hour, that might not even have been the nicotine as I'm just naturally a nervy panicky person (well not naturally, years of abusing certain chemicals :) ).. anything unexpected can send me freaking out for the guts of an hour

ive swallowed 24mg juice before, not a huge amount but whatever I did it landed on my tongue and i gulped without thinking. I could feel it burning its way down my throat but nothing actually happened to me.

i was just panicky when i made the above post, but ive calmed down a little now :)

Advertisement