Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Had a bit of a mishap last week too.

Was using a 20ml syringe to squirt liquid into a bottle to mix the juice, but the pressure was too much and the needle popped off.
    All the juice came gushing out and about 5ml of it splashed right into my left eye!!
    Never ran so fast for a wet face cloth :p

Was very red for an hour or so, but fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

A panicked Sir Digby;
    just made the mistake of watching a diy video on youtube, bastard starts off on a rant about how dangerous it is to get nicotine juice on your hands when mixing. not what I need to hear when I have a bloody predisposition to panic attacks **** might be true, but I dont want to bloody hear it!

Nah not going to kill yourself with the juice we buy. Fatal dose for an adult is 40 to 60mg of nic. We use at most 3.4% , you would need to splash a lot of juice and wait for it to soak in(not that long actual nic is easily absorbed through skin, patches remember!)
    I'v spilled more 24mg juice on my self than I can remember and I'm not the walking dead yet :D

Had a bit of a mishap last week too.

Was using a 20ml syringe to squirt liquid into a bottle to mix the juice, but the pressure was too much and the needle popped off.
    All the juice came gushing out and about 5ml of it splashed right into my left eye!!
    Never ran so fast for a wet face cloth :p

Was very red for an hour or so, but fine after that.

Oh that hurts! Never rub your eyes if theirs juice on them, speaking from red eyed experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

ah all he said was "dont **** with this ****, wear gloves or be extra extra careful" there were no stats or anything
    anyway I got 36mg all over my hands and all that happened to me was I got real real nervy and alert for about half an hour, that might not even have been the nicotine as I'm just naturally a nervy panicky person (well not naturally, years of abusing certain chemicals :) ).. anything unexpected can send me freaking out for the guts of an hour

ive swallowed 24mg juice before, not a huge amount but whatever I did it landed on my tongue and i gulped without thinking. I could feel it burning its way down my throat but nothing actually happened to me.

i was just panicky when i made the above post, but ive calmed down a little now :)

I spilled a whole dct tank of liquid onto my leg last week and half hour later my face was all blotchy red it kind of freaked me a bit.

I also nearly swallowed a syringe needle that was separated from the syringe yesterday when i stupidly put it in my mouth to blow out liquid when i was cleaning my bits and bobs. It actually hit my tonsils and i kinda choked it back out, I wont try that again in a hurry i kinda got the habit from blowing the atomisers out when cleaning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Tell you something scary.

There's a Chinese guy on one of the ecig forums, he sells any qauntity you want of 980mg per ml of Nicotine base - breathing the vapours will KILL YOU as will one drop on your skin.

He's not asking for pharma licenses or anything like that - get it through customs and it's yours.

Mad sh!t...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol ****, swallowing a needle
    that wouldn't be good

also the dct thing is crazy.. maybe it was the nic, but maybe you're more sensitive to PG than you realise? I've noticed lately since i'm vaping more VG heavy juices my rosacea isn't being nearly as bad and my skin in general is clearing up quite a bit

mrplop wrote: »
    Tell you something scary.

There's a Chinese guy on one of the ecig forums, he sells any qauntity you want of 980mg per ml of Nicotine base - breathing the vapours will KILL YOU as will one drop on your skin.

He's not asking for pharma licenses or anything like that - get it through customs and it's yours.

Mad sh!t...

yeah I heard lads talking about that on some uk vaping podcast, scary ****.
    didnt know breathing the vapour would kill you though, god damn nicotine.

Doesn't matter if it kill you, its illegal to import that % of nicotine and anyway its from china, I bet the customs excise is even more than on garlic. You'll spend your life in jail if caught.

The difference in poison, medicine, and food is the dose.

yeah but we could just put it down on the customs form as a jar of apples

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Ha, when I got my order in from parkes, which had a couple of chibi tanks, a 30ml bottle of juice and a sampler pack of 6 small bottles of juices, the form said "fragrance mist" :)

I've had a few spills on my hands etc and not noticed anything. I had one spill of maybe 1-2ml onto my t-shirt and the skin under that went a little red, I flooded a carto at the same time and it then spat a load of juice in my mouth, I felt super relaxed for a few minutes after that so I'm guessing I absorbed quite a bit of nicotine there.

From what I've picked up (which isn't a lot), while nic is really dangerous and instantly lethal in pure form, in the concentrations we use it it's not too bad. It would take a lot of it to absorb a fatal dose through your skin, and PG (and probably VG) also acts as a nicotine inhibitor so it would take even more again. If you tried to drink much more than a few drops your stomach would reject it, violently. And when vaping it you'd feel rotten long before you managed to vape a lethal dose. IMHO it's worth treating like normal household poisons (bleach, rat poison etc), clean it immediately if you spill it, don't get it in your eyes, keep it safely put away etc (especially with all the tasty sounding flavours, don't want kids trying to drink it). But at the normal concentrations we use I don't think we need hazmat suits or anything.

• Advertisement

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Got my Hangsen RY4 concentrate from cigeliquid yesterday, mixed 10mls 70/30Pg/Vg at 10% and left it to steep. Tried it this evening and it's grand. Mild and mellow and a nice vape. I'll leave it to steep till the weekend and give it another go. Next mix I might go to 12% to see what that's like. Happy with it so far.

What's the Hangsen RY-4 shaping up like after steeping?
    Got a small bottle today so I'm curious!

getting to like the inawera Gold Ducat at 10% - nice strong flavour.
    sort of caramel, coffee and tobacco blend.

glasso wrote: »
    getting to like the inawera Gold Ducat at 10% - nice strong flavour.
    sort of caramel, coffee and tobacco blend.

it is a very nice flavour. very quickly worked its way into my "always have minimum of 30ml of at hand" category.

Is it me or is all the Inawera flavouring super sweet?
    Finding the sweetness a bit of a chore.

can anyone recommend a harsh smoke flavoured flavour?

I think finding a harsh pre mix flavour is a problem for everyone - I'll try Hangsen tobacco essence and let you know.

The Chinese definately make the best smoky flavours, the only Inawera tobbaco I have is not even slightly like smoke.
    Apparently the Heath Cabin flavours are good but they're relatively expensive and very weak.

I don't what the dirty base from Inawera is like but it may be worth a shot

mrplop wrote: »
    I think finding a harsh pre mix flavour is a problem for everyone - I'll try Hangsen tobacco essence and let you know.

The Chinese definately make the best smoky flavours, the only Inawera tobbaco I have is not even slightly like smoke.
    Apparently the Heath Cabin flavours are good but they're relatively expensive and very weak.

I don't what the dirty base from Inawera is like but it may be worth a shot

can those chinese flavours be bought anywhere online in just the flavour part?

healthcabin sell diy concentrates, but only have 2 or 3 tobaccos
    dunno about heavens gifts or other chinese sites, but i'd imagine they also sell diy stuff

it's the recipes they guard with their lives, not the flavours

stevenmu wrote: »
    If their eucalyptus is anything like the plain menthol be careful how much you put in. It says 3% on their site, but I really love menthol so went to a little over 5%. after mixing it up it smelled a little weak and I was kinda disappointed. But when I actually tried vaping it, it was incredibly strong, I'll probably have to dilute it down some to actually use it.

just tried the 10% mix I did, jesus christ
    this kinda hurts
    definitely too strong

--edit
    i wanted to test out my other diy's but now everything bloody tastes of eucalyptus

it is a very nice flavour. very quickly worked its way into my "always have minimum of 30ml of at hand" category.

so what other flavours are in that category also for you?

• Advertisement

for diy, us red mix and american type from inawera

currently have 60ml min of each :) im trying to find a fourth flavour, or a mix I can do another 30ml of but so far.. nothing is grabbing me

for diy, us red mix and american type from inawera

currently have 60ml min of each :) im trying to find a fourth flavour, or a mix I can do another 30ml of but so far.. nothing is grabbing me

Either of those taste like tobacco or are they sweet?

american type is slightly sweet, but to me at least it tastes like a slightly watered down us red mix
    which i can see being useful as us red mix smells kinda like a barnfull of grass. it has such an incredibly strong smell/taste
    they're my "tobacco" vapes, but honestly I dont know how tobacco like i'd call them.

I could send 5ml of them diy'd next week to a couple of people if they wanted, youd have to leave them steeping for about a week though. they do need at least a few days.

good thing about gold ducat is that I find that you can actually use it very quickly.

anybody found some good combos by mixing flavours?

tried out all my new inawera stuff
    so far im not really crazy about any of it, but im thinking it might be my dripping atomisers.. none of the juices I try in them taste right except for the eucalyptus and coffees

tobacco C, old havana, turkish tobacco.. all smell great but dont give me much in the way of flavour

i might just dedicate a carto to them in a couple of days and try them out again but so far, dissapointed.

I've just taken the plunge into the world of diy e-liquid, well a small dip anyway. I've started with a small order from inawera and hope to make 200ml of eliquid from the following:

E-FLAVOUR TABACCO "GOLD DUCAT" - 5 ml.
    capacity: 5 ml TABGOLDDUCAT-5 5,74 zł 2 11,48 zł
    E-FLAVOUR TABACCO US RED MIX - 10 ml. TAB US RED MIX - 10 8,04 zł 2 16,08 zł
    VG. BIOBAZA 0mg/ml.
    capacity: 100 ml VG-0 7,50 zł 1 7,50 zł
    PG. ECOBAZA 38 mg / ml.
    capacity: 100 ml ECO-38/bez gliceryny 46,00 zł 1 46,00 zł
    PE-2 pipette ml. Set of 5 pcs PIPETA PE-2 5,22 zł 1 5,22 zł

I plan on mixing the 100ml of 38mg/ml pg with the 100ml of 0mg/ml VG and end up with a base of about 19mg/ml eliquid at50%VG and 50%PG. I take it the eliquid will probably end up at approx 16% after flavouring is added. Does that sound about right?

I will of course double check ratios etc on a e-liquid calculator when I'm doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

PE-2 pipette ml. Set of 5 pcs PIPETA PE-2 5,22 zł 1 5,22 zł
    - waste of time IMO

ps.I would get 100 ml of pure PG aswell .... just in case, If u need ratio different from 50%pg /50%vg.....
    http://www.inawera.com/glycol-propylene-12-100-ml-p-18.html?language=en

alec76 wrote: »
    - waste of time IMO

ps.I would get 100 ml of pure PG aswell .... just in case, If u need ratio different from 50%pg /50%vg.....
    http://www.inawera.com/glycol-propylene-12-100-ml-p-18.html?language=en

Though I might have read them pipettes were s*** somewhere alright. Where's the best place to order the good ones?

I've been going grand with 70vg/30pg with the arry4 tank and boge cartos so I think I'll be ok with the 50/50 ratio as that will be slightly thinner than the current setup, but will allow for better flavour if I have done my homework right. If it works out with the 50/50 ratio it will make the calculations a bit easier hopefully!

http://liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=26

the pipettes from here are great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

just tried the 10% mix I did, jesus christ
    this kinda hurts
    definitely too strong

--edit
    i wanted to test out my other diy's but now everything bloody tastes of eucalyptus

Thought it might :) The 5% mix I made nearly cleared my brain out. It did mellow a lot after a week or so though. Well, either that or my menthol taste receptors just overloaded completely.

Advertisement