Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

derra wrote: »
    Once ya have a few flavours to rely on it's great, €25 got me about 15 or more weeks juice earlier. Nothing wrong with that.

30E gets me close to 10 weeks vaping. Using 25mg nic drives the cost up a bit.
    So far I have 4 will use again flavors but I won't be happy till Ive tried all of them :)
    I mix 5 or 10 ml at the time and am happy with the way they taste straight off.
    Bought some pre mixed stuff to compare and for the money diy is best. In the cast of Gold Ducatt better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

where did you see premixed gold ducat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

tommy2bad wrote: »
    30E gets me close to 10 weeks vaping. Using 25mg nic drives the cost up a bit.
    So far I have 4 will use again flavors but I won't be happy till Ive tried all of them :)
    I mix 5 or 10 ml at the time and am happy with the way they taste straight off.
    Bought some pre mixed stuff to compare and for the money diy is best. In the cast of Gold Ducatt better.

25mg would blow the head clean off me :D
    Most of the time i'm at 6mg, and i have some there around the 10mg mark for that extra kick if required.
    Was gonna get a couple of pre mixed bottles to compare as well but i'll take your word for it so :)
    Try the Tobacco C i tells ya, lovely stuff so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

mrplop wrote: »
    Let me know what the Hangsen RY4 flavour is like - don't like their premixed but everyone seems to like it at UKVapers,

Will do

where did you see premixed gold ducat?

Inawera sell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Was in Boots in Liffey Valley earlier - got some Glycerol BP.
    €3.99 for 150ml - not cheap but good in emergencies!

you see on that pic at the top where it says "nicotine strength ejuice"?
    that'ws where I put my 70/30 pg/vg figures

and at the bottom where you have 80/20, i had 50/50

the flavouring i went for 5 or 10% depending on the flavouring. i like my tobaccos strong so I went 10% the lychee and hazelnut i think i went 5% just to see what thhey were like at that strength

This is a really easy calculator to use;

http://www.e-cig-reviews.com/eliquid%20calculator.html

thanks but now that I figured out my (incredibly ridiculous) mistake with ejuicemeup, I think i'll stick with it. I was ignoring everything about it other than the numbers, if I'd stopped for a second to actually think about what I was doing i'd have noticed it a lot sooner.
    cant believe I didn't realise 30% vg juice shouldn't be quite *that* thick though :).. still .. there was great vapour. I might have to try more 50% vg juices

slightly related question
    I found a marker/pen thing I can use to write on the juice bottles, so I know which flavour is which and what % but my question is.. is this stuff generally washable or are some pens/plastics just not good to be able to wash writing off?
    it's dried now and i can't smudge it with my thumb, but if I want to reuse the bottle for another flavour can I just throw it in hot water and scrub to get the writing off?

I found a marker/pen thing I can use to write on the juice bottles, so I know which flavour is which and what % but my question is.. is this stuff generally washable or are some pens/plastics just not good to be able to wash writing off?
    it's dried now and i can't smudge it with my thumb, but if I want to reuse the bottle for another flavour can I just throw it in hot water and scrub to get the writing off?

Sounds like permanent marker - does come off but with a bit of work.
    Have you thought about using inkjet self adhesive paper?

Just looking at some of the prices out there for eliquids.
    ProVari make 'Provape' eliquid - it costs $24.95 for 30ml (sale on -only $18.99!) if you were using 1 litre of 100mg ($160) as a basis it would cost you less than 90 US Cents to make 30ml of 18mg.

I'm excluding flavouring and Nic free VG/PG but I'd still say there's some crazy amounts of cash made from efluids - more so than the actual equipment/cartos,etc.

• Advertisement

someone actually pm'd me from here offering ot post me some labels, everyone so nice here :)
    i can get labels from mams work, but she keeps forgetting to bring them home and I keep forgetting to remind her.. so every time I start mixing some juices im left with a load of bottles I have to smell test to figure out what they are :) I'll deal with the permanent marker for now. gona label them a,b,c, etc and just keep a notepad file with what a,b,c corresponds to

also yeah.. making ejuice seems to be a good racket. with a little bit of time, effort and a large collection of atomisers.. seems just about anybody could do it

I just now realise, about 4-5 months after buying it that my Pg nicotine and pg base liquids are actually 50% vg 50% pg

never even occured to me to wonder why they were called VPG Power Smoke Base

so my 30% vg liquids are actually 62% vg

*sigh*

I just now realise, about 4-5 months after buying it that my Pg nicotine and pg base liquids are actually 50% vg 50% pg

*sigh*

Nothing wrong with that, wouldn't be considered a weird mix by any means.
    Lots of vapour!

I'll be doing pure VG...

oh I know i'm just annoyed at myself as after realising it's just so obvious

like i was trying to fill a carto with my diy juice and it was taking so long for the juice to soak, I should have realised pretty early on that this was *not* 30% vg liquid

i have enjoyed the juices I made so far, so I probably will stick with a minium 50% vg as I already have the bases and I'd have to buy an extra bottle of straight pg base just to work it down to 30%. that'd also just get bloody awkward with pipettes and syringes.. keep it simple, keep it 50%

it also might go some way to explaining why derra is often so flabbergasted at the amount of flavouring i have to put into my juices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

making ejuice seems to be a good racket. with a little bit of time, effort and a large collection of atomisers.. seems just about anybody could do it
    i won't be too surprised if some local online stores just getting "pure" nicotine from china and diluting it with 10-20l PG in some shed with the help of shovel :)

us red mix 10%, steeped for 10-11 days
    despite the fact that these juices smell almost nothing alike i'm getting a strong "american type" vibe from this juice

its almost like someone took a strong american type juice, and cut it with some flavourless pg/vg
    im not sure about it.. it's nice yeah, but it's so similar to american type flavourwise that it's just reminding me constantly that it's not as good.

--edit

it does have an amazingly strong smell on exhale though, you dont taste it.. but.. it's not pleasant

---edit
    just checked, it's definitely not my breath :)

--edikt

right.. weird smell is gone now
    and its tasting more and more like american type

im beginning to wonder if I made a mistake when I mixed this juice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    Was in Boots in Liffey Valley earlier - got some Glycerol BP.
    €3.99 for 150ml - not cheap but good in emergencies!

Nice one, handy to know.

*sigh*
    oh I know i'm just annoyed at myself as after realising it's just so obvious

like i was trying to fill a carto with my diy juice and it was taking so long for the juice to soak, I should have realised pretty early on that this was *not* 30% vg liquid

i have enjoyed the juices I made so far, so I probably will stick with a minium 50% vg as I already have the bases and I'd have to buy an extra bottle of straight pg base just to work it down to 30%. that'd also just get bloody awkward with pipettes and syringes.. keep it simple, keep it 50%

it also might go some way to explaining why derra is often so flabbergasted at the amount of flavouring i have to put into my juices :)

Bought that VPG in my first buy from Inawera, handy just buying the strength ya want and just add flavour to it.
    I'm mostly at 6mg and need that extra bit of PG for throathit so prefer to mix up the base with pg and vg.
    alec76 wrote: »
    i won't be too surprised if some local online stores just getting "pure" nicotine from china and diluting it with 10-20l PG in some shed with the help of shovel :)

:D

I often wonder if any juices are close or after their sell by date, that thought puts me off buying off the shelf.
    A lot of juices would come and go swiftly from vendors but must be some juices out there that are close to being dodgy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Am I right in saying that the "VPG Power Smoke Base" is flavourless and doesn't have their "ashtray" flavouring? I got 200ml for making menthol and fruit juices so don't want it to have that tobacco base. I'm getting a little confused looking at the site.

yeah it's flavourless, the dirty neutral base is the "ashtray" flavour

Excellent, thanks. I read too much into the word "smoke". Looking forward to trying some of their flavours.

• Advertisement

just remember it's 50% VG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

WD-40 will remove permanent marker (also great for any adhesive residue anywhere). Be sure to dry the surface well after using it, or it won't be easy to write on again....

Zippo fluid should work too, if you don't have any WD-40 handy. WD-40 (or equivalent) is best, imo.

Not your ornery onager

just remember it's 50% VG :)
    :) I have been keeping it in mind, I have some 38mg PG too and the plan is to mix 1/3 38mg PG to 2/3 0mg VPG, giving me 12mg-ish 66/33 PG/VG. Though I'll run that through the calculator in case I've had a brain fart along the way somewhere.

heh, well that sounds about right to me but if i've learned anything the past couple of posts on this thread it's that i'm just not to be trusted on the subject

stevenmu wrote: »
    :) I have been keeping it in mind, I have some 38mg PG too and the plan is to mix 1/3 38mg PG to 2/3 0mg VPG, giving me 12mg-ish 66/33 PG/VG. Though I'll run that through the calculator in case I've had a brain fart along the way somewhere.

won't that be 12mg-ish 33/66 PG/VG?

nah it's 1/3rd pure pg and 2/3rds pg/vg 50%

so overall 2 3rds pg 1 3rd vg

nah it's 1/3rd pure pg and 2/3rds pg/vg 50%

so overall 2 3rds pg 1 3rd vg

ah yes - I read vg, not vpg!

Got my Hangsen RY4 concentrate from cigeliquid yesterday, mixed 10mls 70/30Pg/Vg at 10% and left it to steep. Tried it this evening and it's grand. Mild and mellow and a nice vape. I'll leave it to steep till the weekend and give it another go. Next mix I might go to 12% to see what that's like. Happy with it so far.

ordered some more 36mg from inawera as well as some "tobacco C" and some wera garden old havana and turkish flavourings
    looking forward to them

also went a bit stupid and ordered some anise and eucalyptus with mint. I dont know why I keep trying menthol/minty juices. I *love* mints.. but i've so far hated just about every menthoil juice I tried. maybe these flavourings will be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Did you get that turkish from Inawera? I'v looked but couldnt find any.
    Anise and eucalyptus with mint? sounds like Listerine to me or vapin vicks. :O

Got the DCC tank today btw, :D Found out what I've been missing.

Advertisement