Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Yeah...and probably criminal to send or receive it in the post

Anything over 75mg is illegal and you could get busted over it.
    I'm amazed you can send any amount - 1ml of 12mg would kill a toddler.

How scary is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

o.0

im buying disposable gloves before I mix anything else

anyone notice their diy juices not lasting as long as bought juices?

when i was using the dekangs in my chibi tank i'd go through about 3ml a day, maybe a little more maybe a little less
    but I filled up a tank with 2-2.5ml last night around 8-9pm, vaped for about 3 hours before going to bed and have now been vaping for another 2 hours... it's empty
    i used 2 or just over 2ml in 5 hours?
    is it to do with vg concentration or.. like.. what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

American type
    5ml 70/30 10 drops

well holy god.
    this is it. this is the flavour i was waiting for. definite tobacco vibe from this, but with kind of an.. earthy? backtaste. maybe more of a straw/hay/grass vibe. I could see myself vaping this quite a bit. still going to leave it to steep like the others but just after mixing... very impressed. will be ordering more.

yeah... definitely earthy. maybe a bit much for an all day vape, but definitely a fill a carto and vape happily deal.

Got this today, very strong in both taste and smell !

Nice alright but be too much as you say for all day vape.

One drop per ml is definitely enough with this stuff.

i dunno, i think 2 drops is kinda perfect, i might have to try another mix with 1 at some stage.

i'm vaping some of this atm in my chibi tank, a weeks steeping seems to be the sweet spot for it. oddly enough the flavour has mellowed out slightly, not as overpowering as it was after the first night still strong and delicious flavour though. this is definitely a "fill a 30ml bottle" juice for me atm, no need for further experimentation with it.

i made up 15ml of the dk tobacco I got from liberty flights @ 10%, have it with cap off steeping atm. dropped a little into an atomiser to test it out.. very very nutty. nothing at all like dekang dk-tab but nice. will have to see in a weeks time if it's a solo flavour, or best mixed with something else. I could actually see it working well with american type

made some 15% lychee as well, wasnt impressed at all with it on the atomiser. but ill leave that to steep for 2 weeks i'd say. if I can get a diy lychee juice down right I'll be a very happy man

• Advertisement

i dunno, i think 2 drops is kinda perfect, i might have to try another mix with 1 at some stage.

i'm vaping some of this atm in my chibi tank, a weeks steeping seems to be the sweet spot for it. oddly enough the flavour has mellowed out slightly, not as overpowering as it was after the first night still strong and delicious flavour though. this is definitely a "fill a 30ml bottle" juice for me atm, no need for further experimentation with it.

i made up 15ml of the dk tobacco I got from liberty flights @ 10%, have it with cap off steeping atm. dropped a little into an atomiser to test it out.. very very nutty. nothing at all like dekang dk-tab but nice. will have to see in a weeks time if it's a solo flavour, or best mixed with something else. I could actually see it working well with american type

made some 15% lychee as well, wasnt impressed at all with it on the atomiser. but ill leave that to steep for 2 weeks i'd say. if I can get a diy lychee juice down right I'll be a very happy man

Probably just down to the atties we are using that has a bearing on the flavour.
    The Gold Ducat i have at one drop per ml and that is plenty as well.

Yeah was trying to think of a juice to mix in with the American type, needs that something to balance it out. Too much of it on it's own would be a bit sickening i'd imagine.

Can be hard to replicate a juice off the shelf doing DIY, might end up being best just buying it from where ya got it in the first place.

im vaping it in a boge 3ohm atm, isnt that what you use too? or are you still a bulli man

I have noticed that carto tanks can slightly lessen the flavour of a juice so maybe thats why i instinctively put in more drops than you would. i'd try it in one of my dripping atties but i have to give my atomiserrs a wash tomorrow as for some stupid reason I tried some of my diy hazelnut chhocolate in every one of them earlier today and now they all taste of hazelnut chocolate :) it wont go away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

The Gold Ducat i have at one drop per ml and that is plenty as well.

God Derra you have some sensitive taste buds their. That Gold Ducatt needs 1/2 ml into 5 ml for me, yummie stuff.
    I'v found 10 to 1 a good mix with most of the Inawera stuff.
    Some like Karamell or whisky are more for adding than solo vaping. Its all trial and error, lots of error. Once you get a mix that works your good to go but till then its a pain in the a... tbh.

i wish there was some instant-steeping tool
    its not the mixing of diff juices I mind doing
    its the mixing and then waiting a week or two before finding out if they work or not

if I could "finish" a juice in an hour, i'd do up a batch of 20 in one sitting and just have them done to compare and contrast.

Use the Bulli constantly, will never go back to using DCC's etc, just a different vaping experience altogether for me personally anyway.

Expecting the RDA next week which is supposed to be excellent, Alec has the RTA which is supposed to be even better and then others prefer the RDA.
    It's all down to personal preference.

Yeah just use whatever drops is neccesary to make it taste nice, yeah some flavours just won't go away.
    I just do a repair and carry on.

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    God Derra you have some sensitive taste buds their. That Gold Ducatt needs 1/2 ml into 5 ml for me, yummie stuff.
    I'v found 10 to 1 a good mix with most of the Inawera stuff.
    Some like Karamell or whisky are more for adding than solo vaping. Its all trial and error, lots of error. Once you get a mix that works your good to go but till then its a pain in the a... tbh.

Gold Ducat is a very strong flavour Tommy.
    Sometimes i might add a drop or two extra if needed but not as much as you find that you need.
    DIY is the only way to go, cost effective and your in control.

you have me looking at the bulli website now derra :/

kinda regretting ordering 40 cartomisers from healthcabin yesterday :)

you have me looking at the bulli website now derra :/

kinda regretting ordering 40 cartomisers from healthcabin yesterday :)

Near impossible to get a Bulli off that site, this other one i'm getting is a dripping atty that takes about 10 drops or more and not too expensive.
    Wait till i see what it's like and i'll let you know.
    But ya would notice a dramatic improvement flavour wise i reckon.

yeah i saw videos of the atty you were getting. looked interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

derra wrote: »
    DIY is the only way to go, cost effective and your in control.

True for me, too. Most of the second batch I made are spot on so next time I'll make up 30ml bottles. It's good fun, too....brings out your creative side.

yeah i saw videos of the atty you were getting. looked interesting

I'm getting it for nothing, so if it works well i be delighted. If i don't like it, well so be it.

They seem to think it's the mutts nutts across the water anyway.

I had old bottles of Desert Ship and Wensten that I didn't like and was going to throw out but for the craic I emptied both into an empty bottle added some caramel flavour and it's just fantastic. I'm damned if I can remember what ratios I used. Just goes to show mixing two horrible juices can result in something very tasty...sometimes.

True for me, too. Most of the second batch I made are spot on so next time I'll make up 30ml bottles. It's good fun, too....brings out your creative side.

Once ya have a few flavours to rely on it's great, €25 got me about 15 or more weeks juice earlier. Nothing wrong with that.

Once ya have a few flavours to rely on it's great, €25 got me about 15 or more weeks juice earlier. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing at all. I have some stuff coming from CigLiquid...266ml 52mg and 50ml R4 flavour for around 60 Euro...should last me most of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

€25 got me about 15 or more weeks juice earlier....
    See, that's why I :eek:ed recently at a poster who said they were spending €15 per week on juice.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

tbh, not that hard to do if you weren't vaping dekangs. some of the english juice sites can be expensive enough.

Its a bit like paying pub prices in the off-licence, though.

Not your ornery onager

heh, yeah. but they could be in the unfortunate situation of only liking 1 or 2 juices that happen to be kinda expensive.

it's still cheaper than fags :)

Some people seem to be paying nightclub prices, though.

Its not like we are comparing moonshine with top-shelf whiskey at the end of the day. My 2c. :D

What's with all this steeping, anyway? We are not making a tincture here. Is there supposed to be some magical molecular-level chemical transformation going on?

I just mix my juice and flavour really well by repeatedly (say X5 times) sucking it into a syringe and shooting it :eek: back into the bottle. Job done!

I only ever had a problem with one particular flavour, and that was when the tank was running dry. The flavour just went through the roof, and it persisted over a few refills of the same tank with both differently-flavoured and neutral juice. Although, thinking about it, it is possible that the suspect flavour and nic juice somehow separated in the tank (flavour repeatedly rising to the top)... That might explain the end-of-tank flavour explosion, and possibly also the flavour persistence.

Not your ornery onager

well you can see here the difference a couple of weeks steeping made to this chicks vanilla juice
    Is there supposed to be some magical molecular-level chemical transformation going on?

basically :)
    i think

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Nothing at all. I have some stuff coming from CigLiquid...266ml 52mg and 50ml R4 flavour for around 60 Euro...should last me most of the year.

Let me know what the Hangsen RY4 flavour is like - don't like their premixed but everyone seems to like it at UKVapers,

so

I just filled up two 30ml bottles with some pg and vg, ready to make some mixes

and realise i have been using ejuice me up completely wrong

like.. *completely* wrong

these juices I made are nowhre near 30%, they're like.. 50% or something

i was calculating the vg% at the nicotine juice level
    not in the 0mg juice level

god
    damnit

back to square 1 I guess

--edit

so finished the mixes now
    both of them have 10ml 36mg
    10ml 0mg pg
    6ml 0mg vg

so i think that's roughly 80/20 @ 12mg
    with a pretty wide margin of error

to be safe this time I added one drop per ml of american type into one. and 26 drops gold ducat + 10 drops morning rain into the other

I guess I'll know this time next week if I got it right.

@ SirDCC

The PG base is 38mg.

Just way too much flavour for 30ml of juice if the screenshot below is similar to what you mixed.
    If ya need that much, something is definitely wrong.

29e50n8.png

you see on that pic at the top where it says "nicotine strength ejuice"?
    that'ws where I put my 70/30 pg/vg figures

and at the bottom where you have 80/20, i had 50/50

the flavouring i went for 5 or 10% depending on the flavouring. i like my tobaccos strong so I went 10% the lychee and hazelnut i think i went 5% just to see what thhey were like at that strength

• Advertisement

you see on that pic at the top where it says "nicotine strength ejuice"?
    that'ws where I put my 70/30 pg/vg figures

and at the bottom where you have 80/20, i had 50/50

the flavouring i went for 5 or 10% depending on the flavouring. i like my tobaccos strong so I went 10% the lychee and hazelnut i think i went 5% just to see what thhey were like at that strength

Gotcha.

Check your Inbox shortly.

Advertisement