Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

When a recipe demands 7.7ml of one thing and 36ml of another whats the best way to measure it out?
    I imagine 1 drop from a dropper would be about 1ml am I right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.inawera.com/eflavour-tabacco-turkish-ml-p-671.html

yeah, it's in the wera garden section. I think i read that they are super concentrated so looking forwad to them.
    im gona have 300ml of 12mg when I gert this order, and I have 10 empty 10ml bottles coming from liberty flights so im gona go on a ridiculous juice making spree when everything comes

and yeah, carto tanks are the business :) im vaping on a tankless boge atm.. and yeah it's great, but all it's really doing is making me look at my chibi tanks wishing I had cartos to use in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Closer to .5 ml I think. 1ml is about 20 drops?
    7.7into 36 is close to 1 to 4 mix, use a syringe to measure the 7.7 and repeat for the 36.

http://liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=26

ive been using these 3ml pipettes for the past week and I much prefer them to syringes.

got the inawera stuff that I ordered.

made 5ml of each of the following at 5% (5 drops in 5ml, going by the 20 drops to 1ml rough estimation) flavour

Gold Ducat
    American Type
    Coffee Paradise
    Pineapple

How long should I "steep" them in the bottle with cap on (is that right?) in a cool dark place? - 2 days, 3 days - more or less??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Lash into them now :D

what i read was that you steep them with the cap (and dropper) off for 24 hours
    then give them a good shake, put the dropper and cap back on
    and leave them in the cool dark place for however long you want. i read 1-2 weeks the most often, but if you're happy with it at 3 days then vape away I guess. I have some 10% gold ducat and american type in my drawer atm and im still not entirely happy with the flavour after 5 days.

intereted to see how you find the flavours @ 5%.. myself and tommy seem pretty adamant about 10% at least for gold ducat anyway, and i'd go the same or higher for american type.

what i read was that you steep them with the cap (and dropper) off for 24 hours
    then give them a good shake, put the dropper and cap back on
    and leave them in the cool dark place for however long you want. i read 1-2 weeks the most often, but if you're happy with it at 3 days then vape away I guess.

For certain brands maybe like Flavourart ya steep for a while, i and many others get instant flavour from Inaweras own stuff just after mixing.
    Once ya find stuff ya like ,ya be mixing plenty anyway and it will steep over time before using.

true enough.
    im just confused why im not as happy with my current batch of american type compared to the last one. they're both definitely 10% but there's a considerable difference in flavour. steeping is all I can put it down to.

true enough.
    im just confused why im not as happy with my current batch of american type compared to the last one. they're both definitely 10% but there's a considerable difference in flavour. steeping is all I can put it down to.

Did you not get mixed up in the calculator a few days back?
    Ya might of changed the way you mixed it regarding ratio...70/30...50/50 etc

• Advertisement

yeah one of the two mixes is higher in VG, I think the first one.. but its weird that it was the more flavourful one considering pg is meant to be the flavour carrying base

*shrug*

experimentation is all that will solve it I guess. another 100ml of 36mg and 10 10ml bottles coming in the post, so I can do up 2-3 different types of the same juice and see which works best for me bfore I move onto making 30-60 mls at a time.

VG is sweeter, makes all the difference.
    Most juices ya ever bought liked or disliked would of been mixed at around 75/25.
    I would stay around them numbers tbh.

I might end up doing that, but im loving the extra vapour from vg heavy juices and im pretty sure that the improvement in my various and interesting skin conditions over the past couple of weeks is related to the fact I was vaping mainly VG juices instead of PG heavy. so im gona stick with vg heavy for a while and see if that really is the case.

well alright, I just filled up a 2.5 (or thereabouts) DCC with some of my gold ducat and it's pretty fantastic. I guess the extra 24 hours since I tried it yesterday really helped :P

i wonder if the carto I used yesterday was just buggered..hrm

i first got some inawera flavours months ago and i had coffee paradiso and pineapple, at the time I thought steeping had something to do with churches so I just vaped them immediately after a good shake. both were pretty delicious although I did put like.. 40-50% flavouring iirc :)

if you want to try any of them, try them two.. speaking from my experience anyway at 10% the tobacco flavours did take at least a couple of days.

5% or 10% its all down to your preference, mix up a few batches of both and see which you prefer.

--edit
    ok
    so for the past 2 weeks, every time I said american type I meant us red mix
    and vice versa

thanks. have just upped the % to 10% - do like a good flavour. I bought american type 'cos people were talking about it here - should have bought the usa one then!? will leave the tobacco ones then for a couple of days.

nah the american type is still nice, I vaped it a little yesterday. it's actually quite similar to the us red mix, just not quite as bold or "earthy" and doesn't have the amazing (strong) odour of the us red mix when vaped.

i dont know how I managed to get them both confused. I had the flavour botles on my desk when I was making the juices. im gona have to make a note that I have both 30ml bottles mislabelled.

--edit

just realised, once all my juices finish steeping I'll have 150ml of various tobacco juices :)
    diy'ing is great

60ml of golden ducat + morning rain
    30ml of american type
    30ml of us red mix
    30ml of perfumers apprentice dk tobacco (not great, but i love dk-tab dekang so im willing to let this grow on me)

glasso wrote: »
    thanks. have just upped the % to 10% - do like a good flavour. I bought american type 'cos people were talking about it here - should have bought the usa one then!? will leave the tobacco ones then for a couple of days.

think that 10% is a bit too strong for the coffee anyways! although flavour usually smoothens out a bit after a few days.

heh, try the pineapple yet?

heh, try the pineapple yet?

yes. it's pretty good but needs a bit of time for the flavour to be uniform in the liquid I think. It's quite faithful to a real pineapple tho!

• Advertisement

yeah, i was pretty impressed with it

their banana is good too

I got a new biansi atomiser today, just threw some of my gold ducat onto it.
    my god.
    i do love the boge cartos for flavour and vapour, but this is a whole other juice when being dripped. getting an incredibly strong honey note to it which i never really noticed in the boge.
    I could actually see myself moving down to 5% if I was mainly direct dripping, the flavour is intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

also went a bit stupid and ordered some ... eucalyptus with mint.
    Be careful with the eucalyptus! I did a 5% mix with straight eucalyptus, and it was fine - until the carto was nearly empty. Then it was like I was vaping pure eucalyptus! Imagine plastering your upper lip with tiger balm and you'll be close... The strong flavour lasted through a couple of refills (with other flavours).

I did like the original taste, but have not gone back to it yet... Next time I will do a 1ml mix at 1% and see how that works.

Not your ornery onager

hah
    that's kinda exactly what I want :)

something I can only take a few drags of before it feels like my head's about to float away

hah
    that's kinda exactly what I want :)

something I can only take a few drags of before it feels like my head's about to float away

Now now Sir Digby, we dont encourage that sort of thing ;)
    Are you trying to cut back on the chain vaping? I'm down to 18mg and haven't gone up in juice volume (apart from the DCC tank being a hog for juice) haven't gone down either :( 4 to 5 ml a day.

i think I only chain vape because I'm unemployed and bored :)
    when I have something to do, I'm fine not vaping for hours on end but while im sitting here at my desk I just vape every ten minutes for something to do. im pondering making some 6mg strengthh juices when I get more from inawera just to see if the chain vaping 6mg will satisfy me as I do notice myself getting kinda... jittery when I'm *really* going at it

and yeah, all carto tanks are absolute juice hogs. I filled one chibi tank with 3ml american type earlier today and another with about 2ml gold ducat. even though I was vaping on the dripping atty for a few hours I'm still almost empty on both.
    cartos with two holes punched in them suck up even more juice than regular carto tanks :/

i think I only chain vape because I'm unemployed and bored :)
    :/

I hear you brother!

when I have something to do, I'm fine not vaping for hours on end but while im sitting here at my desk I just vape every ten minutes for something to do. im pondering making some 6mg strengthh juices when I get more from inawera just to see if the chain vaping 6mg will satisfy me as I do notice myself getting kinda... jittery when I'm *really* going at it

/

6mg is fine, ya can go mad on it and enjoy if that's what ya want and still go long periods without.

If i had 18mg, i'd probably still try and vape same amount but end up feeling jittery with headaches etc.

Won't be too long before i go down to 3mg.

Relying less and less on nicotine, the habit of actually vaping is another.
    The atties are getting better which makes it harder to put it down :pac:

yeah once I have the RDA im looking forward to experimenting with different strength juices

• Advertisement

yeah once I have the RDA im looking forward to experimenting with different strength juices

Most likely you will have to anyway, be surprised if you did'nt drop nic level within the day week.

Advertisement