Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY e-liquid advice needed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

yeah just add the product to your basket and the checkout box will pop down

Can see how easy that is to happen, were so used to logging in and making accounts on these vendor sites. I would have done the same thing myself. :)

Well I made my first DIY e-liquid this morning and found it pretty straightforward. I used a 5ml syringe to measure out the VG and PG and I used a 1ml syringe to measure out the flavour concentrate. I was thinking the syringes would be more accurate than the drop method. I used this calculator and found it very straightforward to use. http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/ELiquidCalc

I did 50PG/50VG ratio of 18mg strength and made 50ml of USA red mix and 20ml of Gold Ducat.

They both smell fairly good. I'm going to leave them steep until at least tomorrow before trying, I don't think I can resist waiting a week.

Am I correct in thinking I just leave them in a press with the caps off the bottles for 24 hours and then put back on the caps and leave them for about a week or two?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm sure you know already, but make sure to give them a good shake too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, i dont actually know if leaving the cap off is strictly neccesary. I didnt bother doing it with my last batch
    but leaving them somewhere out of the way and out of sunlight for a week or two is a good idea

i have some gold ducat here that I made on 15/3 and 22/3 and the 15/3 batch is quite a bit darker than the 22/3 batch so time definitely makes a difference.

also good christ, 50ml.. i hope you end up loving it :)

]--edit

oh and steeping is just to get "optimal" flavour, if you want to bung some into a carto or a tank after a couple of days to try.. work away, a few seconds outside of the darkened storage area won't hurt it

stevenmu wrote: »
    I'm sure you know already, but make sure to give them a good shake too.

Yes I shook the shi@e out of em :D

• Advertisement

yeah, i dont actually know if leaving the cap off is strictly neccesary. I didnt bother doing it with my last batch
    but leaving them somewhere out of the way and out of sunlight for a week or two is a good idea

i have some gold ducat here that I made on 15/3 and 22/3 and the 15/3 batch is quite a bit darker than the 22/3 batch so time definitely makes a difference.

also good christ, 50ml.. i hope you end up loving it :)

]--edit

oh and steeping is just to get "optimal" flavour, if you want to bung some into a carto or a tank after a couple of days to try.. work away, a few seconds outside of the darkened storage area won't hurt it

I made up 50ml so I can give some to some family neighbours and friend that I introduced to vaping so hopefully it will be ok :)

you have more faith in your beginners diy skills than I did mine :)

you have more faith in your beginners diy skills than I did mine :)

I'm hoping that all the bits and pieces of good advice I've picked up from people like yourself will stand to my e-liquid! We shall see;)

I found this tutorial the other day browsing around a guy by the name of rocketman there's some good tips in there for anyone thinking of mixing e-liquid. http://www.vapeatron.com/rockets-diy-e-juice-mixing-tutorial-5932/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Some good articles here too with some handy tips

http://stvapors.com/wordpress/articles/blog-diy/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

I used this calculator and found it very straightforward to use. http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/ELiquidCalc
    i dunno , it is alright, i guess, until u decided to change pg/vg ratio ......
    here is the good one :)
    http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/

• Advertisement

im really learning to love this inawera eucalyptus @ 10%

filled a carto up with it and vaping away. it's got a serious nose clearing kick to it but I could see myself using this as an all day vape.

I was messing around there and got a bit carried away, I had bits of eliquids left in bottles so I decided to mix a few together to see what I ended up with.

So I mixed strawberry, banana, redbull, bubblegum, vanilla, chocolate/mint, menthol and a bit of cowboy deluxe together.
    What did I end up with? A disaster I hear you say! Nope I just made the best f****n eliquid ever.
    I threw it in a tank with a 3ohm boge and is so nice I spent the last 15 or so minutes chain vaping it at 4.8 volts, I really must calm down on vaping for a while now as I've vaped over 10ml already today. :-))

good luck trying to recreate it :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Okay, i'm thinkin in the next week or two i'm gonna have to put in an order with inawera to try and mix some of my own liquid....
    so far in the cart i have

PG 36mg 100ml
    PG 0mg 100ml
    VG 0mg 100ml

Would i be right in thinking the following?
    5ml of PG 36mg
    +
    2ml of PG 0mg
    +
    2 ml of VG 0mg
    +
    1 ml of flavor will give me

10ml of 18mg juice? or have i got it all completely wrong?

I'm finding with the inawera stuff that 4% concentrate is plenty, they recommend 3% for a lot of flavours.

For 10ml of juice you would only need 0.4ml of concentrate.
    You could use 5ml of PG36mg, 2ml of 0mg pg and 2.6ml of 0mg vg and then you should end up with a wee bit less than 18mg liquid.
    If you find there's not enough flavour you can then just add in 1 drop more of concentrate at a time. Thats the way I'm doing it except I do 50/50 pg/vg ratio.

I use a 1ml syringe to measure out the concentrate and 5ml syringe for measuring the pg and vg, I didn't find the pipettes accurate enough.

You can also use the eliquid calculator as well to get a more accurate pg/vg ratio.
    eeloe wrote: »
    Okay, i'm thinkin in the next week or two i'm gonna have to put in an order with inawera to try and mix some of my own liquid....
    so far in the cart i have

PG 36mg 100ml
    PG 0mg 100ml
    VG 0mg 100ml

Would i be right in thinking the following?
    5ml of PG 36mg
    +
    2ml of PG 0mg
    +
    2 ml of VG 0mg
    +
    1 ml of flavor will give me

10ml of 18mg juice? or have i got it all completely wrong?

ah i see, i thought the flavor would be measured in mls!

ah i see, i thought the flavor would be measured in mls!

It is in mls but .4 of a ml is 4% of 10ml. If you put in the full 1ml it would be 10% concentrate which may be too strong especially for some of them flavours. Its better to put in too little because you can always add a bit more if you find its not strong enough after steeping. I got an orange concentrate yesterday and I could smell it before I even opened the box.

I find the syringes give a more accurate percentage, a lot of people have recipes for amount of drops, but being just a beginner myself I felt more comfortable seeing exact measurements when measuring out.

Ah yes i see i see! :)

right, gonna put an order in on monday, only going to get 300ml of base fluids, VG, PG, and PG with Nic.

that should do me a long while, if i like the flavors that is! :)

Ah yes i see i see! :)

right, gonna put an order in on monday, only going to get 300ml of base fluids, VG, PG, and PG with Nic.

that should do me a long while, if i like the flavors that is! :)

In the meantime while your waiting to start have a good look read through the information on the links above as well as there are lots of good tips to be got there.

they have a base that's 50:50 pg/vg if you dont want to fiddle about with 3 different bottles of base

• Advertisement

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/12-nico

That one yeah?

Does the base fluid have a flavor it self? is it sweet, bitter or bland? i see some cats on youtube adding a sweetener to their mixes? is this really need?

would 500ml of base fluid, and say 20-30euro worth of flavorings do me?

yeah that's the stuff

tbh for your first order I'd reccomend you order a smaller amount of juice, maybe 100ml 36 and 100ml 0mg and enough somewhere around 10 flavours just so you get a feel for what flavours you might like. then when you know there are 2-3 you like, you can make a large order for flavourings and bases

I made a huge order my first time and while I did use up all the base eventually, I'm left with a ridiculous amount of flavourings I still haven't bothered trying out because I dont have enough 5ml bottles to test them :) it gets unwieldy

also I think inawera.com works out a bit cheaper than inaweraflavours.com

oh
    and
    http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=26

cheap enough bottles (better than the inawera bottles imo) and great pipettes. the inawera pipettes are ****ing terrible, a couple of 3ml/1ml ones from liberty flights will sort you out for mixing small batches and free delivery from LT

oh andyeah I think the bases have a very mild flavour. I dunno, cant say I ever vaped dthem on their own or noticed anything weird in my mixes.
    I didnt like that dirty neutral base (tobacco base) at all though. ruined any juice I tried to make.

Sweet, i'll get on the case over the weekend picking flavours and so on! :)

any of the inawera fruit flavours i've tried have been pretty good, very faithful to the actual thing. banana and pineapple especially

It's only the fruit and Cola flavors i'm interested in, not gonna go mad trying to make some mad concoction or anything, maybe a minty one too for a change....see how i fare out, i'm gonna have to start keeping hold of my old juice bottles instead of tossing them! :)

dont order too much (any) of the red cola

it smells very cola like in the bottle but when I mixed it.. jesus christ no
    just... no

oh and the eucalyptus flavour is lovely. i normally hate menthol but I'd happily vape this all day

When i get dekang juices, i always throw in a bottle of their red cola, love the stuff...

is it anything at all like that?

it wasnt for me anyway

when you smell the bottle of flavouring there is a cola hint, but a very strong kinda chemical lemon flavour. when I diy'd the juice the only flavour that came through was that chemical lemonish flavour, it was rank.

euch...i'll pass on that then! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I ordered some of the perfume apprentice flavour, anyone know what % I should use when it arrives?

Advertisement