Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Screw butter. Give me some coconut oil instead!

i keep meaning to buy it and never get around to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Screw butter. Give me some coconut oil instead!

Ghee!!!

Still haven't made it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

krudler wrote: »
    hey hey heyheyheyhey! does "dibs" mean nothing anymore? its almost as sacred as "shotgun"
    Dibs? :o

Boyfriend gone home now :(

Had a nice dinner today, rib eye steak, mashed spuds, fried mushrooms and onion, brussel sprouts and gravy.

Going to see the Titanic 3D tomorrow with my boyfriend, his friend and his friends girlfriend, should be fun :)

My cousin, his girlfriend and their three kids are coming home tomorrow too, for two weeks :) Will be nice to see them, gonna be a busy week ahead I think :)

Really want to make some bread, but I can't. I've a burst blister on the middle finger of my left hand from when I burned it last weekend :( Hope it goes soon, it's a horrid looking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dibs? :o

Bagsy!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel better now. :o

• Advertisement

Just got an email back about my refund and they're going to give it to me. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »
    Some of you will think I'm ungrateful for saying this. But you think in my 32 yrs on this planet my family would know me by now. I've just been given a very large butlers Easter egg from my Mam and a large galaxy one from my sister. Wtf am I meant to do with these now? I despise chocolate!

Give them to your husband who is from cork of course,duhhhh :-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Theres only one person I can watch on cookery shows

bio-nigella-lawson_al.jpg

at 52 still smoking hot

52 eh :eek:

*wolf whistles*

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today...this time last year, I was struggling to find any clothes to fit me... after dropping 6 dress sizes I'm so much happier and confident:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.. and I think I actually should have bought a 10, the 12 keep slipping down around the waist. I've already taken the tags off, but I'll go back over the weekend and try the 10, if they fit I won't care that I wasted money on jeans that were worn for 2 days :p

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today...this time last year, I was struggling to find any clothes to fit me... after dropping 6 dress sizes I'm so much happier and confident:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.. and I think I actually should have bought a 10, the 12 keep slipping down around the waist. I've already taken the tags off, but I'll go back over the weekend and try the 10, if they fit I won't care that I wasted money on jeans that were worn for 2 days :p

That's inspirational. Well done. :D x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Just watched tonight's episode of The Zoo... I want a baby marmoset! Sooo cute!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How did Billy Joel just break my heart?

That can't be right.

• Administrators Posts: 53,467 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My dress is in the sorting office in Portlaoise :D
    But 'cos of the Easter Holidays I probably won't get it til next week, boo-urns!

awec wrote: »
    Hands up if you're working tomorrow! :(

*raises hand* and Saturday :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yup I'm in tomorrow.

Yay?

Haven't worked on a saturday or a sunday in at least 3 or 4 years and don't plan on ever doing so again.

Ouch for you! :(

We don't open on Easter Sunday so at least that's a guaranteed day off! Back in on Monday though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hands up if you're working tomorrow! :(

I am, doesnt bother me though, its not a bank holiday, but it should be quiet, and I get an extra days holidays for working it, thanks jesus!

once you've worked a few christmas days the concept of having a day off just because other people do is lost forever.

Sometimes I hate Xboxes.

• Advertisement

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Sometimes I hate Xboxes.

xbox widow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Bittersweet last day of lectures. Didn't get a chance to see any of my fourth year friends which made me really sad, must meet up with them for coffee and chats during the exams. Feels a bit like life is moving too fast, but there's not much I can do about it.

Going to have a lie in tomorrow before I study. I'm very much looking forward to it, can't remember the last time I got a decent night's sleep and hopefully it'll clear my head so I can get stuff done!

I still haven't got over this notion of closing the pubs on a friday. Does not compute.

This strangeness is alien to me.

well I'd be of the thinking that religion has no place in law these days, but if you look at it as the one day aside from christmas day where pub workers, who work every crappy big drinking day, match day, friday and saturday, bank holiday sundays, all over xmas and new years etc etc, get a day off.

Im not sure why people make such a big deal about not being able to go to the pub tbh, if it was a normal friday most people wouldnt be arsed about going out anyway, you've still got saturday and sunday to go out and can drink at home tomorrow.

xbox widow?

Yep. I kinda need to text him tonight coz I feel a bit low but he's either playing COD or Resident Evil. Basically he's shooting things. He gets completely lost it it and kinda forgets about me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yep. I kinda need to text him tonight coz I feel a bit low but he's either playing COD or Resident Evil. Basically he's shooting things. He gets completely lost it it and kinda forgets about me..

Maybe you could try to get some sleep and talk to him in the morning? It is late after all, I've been known to fall asleep before texting someone back! :)

Dolorous wrote: »
    Maybe you could try to get some sleep and talk to him in the morning? It is late after all, I've been known to fall asleep before texting someone back! :)

Yeah I probably should. I know he's not asleep though. I dunno what's up with me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Working tomorrow, first of 11 days straight. *thinks of the money*

Sometimes I hate Xboxes.
    +1

If I'm honest, they bore me to hell.

Just had a message from dad on Facebook, telling me that my siblings arrived there today, how they wish I was there and what they've been doing the past few days.

I honestly think that they couldn't give a flying sh!te whether or not I was there.

It's put me into a bad mood again.

I'm the only one of my dad's family who wasn't invited. I was meant to ring him last weekend, but couldn't because he was busy, so he said I could ring him on Monday night and he'd text me a time to ring him at, no text. Got a few half arsed texts from him, but that was it.

Honestly how can it get to me this much? It's pathetic.

• Advertisement

Yeah I probably should. I know he's not asleep though. I dunno what's up with me tonight.
    *hugs* Jane, if you want to PM me you can. I'll be up for a while anyway :)

Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement