Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I just got all of my medical bills paid off! I'd been paying them for 5 years (I'm American, no health insurance, had to have an eye surgery) and now they're done. YAAAAAY!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Update: One rasher, three scornful looks and one scolding.

Roll on lunchtime!

Wait, did you actually get a scolding and scornful looks?! :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wait, did you actually get a scolding and scornful looks?! :eek:

Yeah.

I knew I would, I know the people I work with quite well.

Everyone was gone home for lunch so munching on my ham was less sweet without it annoying anyone.

I'm such a rebel. :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Steak and beer night at my mate's later :) Gonna be a good Friday. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats. Good luck with the interview, hope it goes well for you.

I hope they don't want a video interview, they've asked for my skype ID. My internets is always crashing. :( Broadband my foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Update: One rasher, three scornful looks and one scolding.

Roll on lunchtime!

its pathetic when people give out someone eating meat today, stfu and mind your own business, a la carte catholic day in full swing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

So went to sign the lease on our new house today... But the landlord turns around and says he would prefer a more "mature" couple Am gutted.. Now I have a week to find a house that will let us bring the doggies or find a good home for the big one (that will let us visit him) and get an apartment with the little one :(

So stressed :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

krudler wrote: »
    its pathetic when people give out someone eating meat today, stfu and mind your own business, a la carte catholic day in full swing.

give out to them when they eat during ramadan

"god would you not have a bit of basic respect"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

LOL. It's funny really.

They knew I was just trying to wind them up but they bit nonetheless. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    So went to sign the lease on our new house today... But the landlord turns around and says he would prefer a more "mature" couple Am gutted.. Now I have a week to find a house that will let us bring the doggies or find a good home for the big one (that will let us visit him) and get an apartment with the little one :(

So stressed :(

Aw that's really sh*t Sar Bear :( Why did he let it go til you were ready to sign the lease??

Myself and the boyfriend had a bit of fight earlier on, I've to leave now and won't see him for two days, when I'm going to show him the church we're getting married in, not leaving it on a great note before that really are we :/

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

bluewolf wrote: »
    give out to them when they eat during ramadan

"god would you not have a bit of basic respect"

ha yeah, oh you pushed a lightswitch on the sabbath day, straight to hell you're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Need to post something but I'll have to wait till Monday now fack fack fack!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Get off the computer and have one then :)

I love day time naps. Don't get to have them as often anymore. Kinda miss them.

I went for a little walk instead. I might go have a nap soon actually. :)
    Are you baking anything nice?

I made some plain buns, chocolate buns, cookies and scones. Some of the buns and cookies are for the Youth Centre's bake sale. :)

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Need to post something but I'll have to wait till Monday now fack fack fack!

mondays a bank holiday

mondays a bank holiday

fack, fack, fack, fack

:rolleyes:

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    fack, fack, fack, fack

:rolleyes:

Have you never been to Easter before? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a stupid migraine :-/

Acoshla wrote: »
    Have you never been to Easter before? :pac:

Not one where I've had a deadline to post something! Typical :rolleyes:

I'm in no humour to cook dinner now! I might send the fella on a food run if he's willing :) Also need to get batteries or I wont get any work done.. oh the joy of this Holy weekend!

• Advertisement

Hope you feel better soon :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So our internet router is being a dick as usual, we need to replace it, boyfriend sells them for €55 in this shop, mam said she's not paying that, instead she will ring Vodafone (our internet provider) and threaten to switch to U.P.C if they (VF) don't give her a new router for free.

So when I asked her if she actually would switch to U.P.C she said no, she prefers being with Vodafone because their free landline call's are better. I'm assuming she means better value rather than the call's are actually better.

I'm tempted to ask her what she would do if (VF) refuse to give her a router and tell her to switch to U.P.C..........
    Hope you feel better soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Don't know why but I'm in a crappy mood and feeling ridiculously stupid. However, it turns out that I'll be going to see Titanic on Sunday night with my sister and again in Dublin on Tuesday with a few old friends so I'm happy about that. Can't wait for today to just be over!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

send it by courier if post is too slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

OakeyDokey wrote:
    Also need to get batteries
    Me too :p

I'm afraid to ask what everyone needs batteries for... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to ask what everyone needs batteries for... ;)
    For my boyfriend ;)

Kiera wrote: »
    For my boyfriend ;)

If that wasn't intended to be naughty I'm sorry but that's the way my mind has turned it.. ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

The point I was really trying to get across in that thread is that we shouldn't be focusing on figures and measures. Firstly they can be so inaccurate anyway, and show no reflection on health a lot of the time.

And they can become such an obsession. I've stopped weighing and measuring myself and I'm just trying to focus on being healthy. Measurements can be like a punishment to yourself. You don't reach a goal in a certain amount of time and you feel like a failure, you feel ugly, you might feel like you need to change your diet and exercise to fit these expectations you have. Even if you really have done nothing wrong or different in your regime. Or even if you skipped a couple of days or had some treats, so what. You can pick it back up again easily, no need to feel guilty or do anything drastic to hit that goal.

Exercise is great but really the reward should be how you feel, and not what a scales or tape measure tells you.

I've noticed my scales are now going up pound down a pound up 2 pound and so on, I can feel the difference, but think I've reached a stop point and wont be able to push past it for a month or 2 :( my main focus now is toning up and increasing energy levels. Went for a 8 k walk earlier, can't wait for kickboxing next tuesday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I just had a surprise annual review and it went really well :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement