Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Definitely ring and be nice. With an e-mail you might sound like you're being demanding or whatever because there's no "tone" to it, whereas with a phone call they'll hear your voice and understand you better. Good luck

I've already emailed but I think I might ring next week anyway. I didn't think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Back from the shops and I managed to only buy a CD and Easter Eggs for people. I think I'm getting good and this whole not buying thing. It's a gorgeous day outside I might take another walk before it goes away.

Oh I'm fed up of people annoying me, just fed up. People really don't care how I feel and only contact me when they f**king want to whinge about their own lives. It's a different story when I need someone though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Are you OK Jane? You can PM me if you want to x *Hugs*

Ah I'm ok.. People think they can pick at me all day and expect me not to be in a bad mood. I sent my bf a text but he hasn't replied, I don't want to be annoying him. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

so one of my friends is really mad at me and you know what i dont care at this stage
    i have too much to worry about than him with exams and thesis stuff
    he is mad at me that im not going to a 21st but he was staying in the house anyway not mine and he knows everyone there
    it not my fault that i am fcuk broke

screw him! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

why would someone actually be mad you're not going to a party? :confused::confused:
    i thought at first you meant it was his 21st

bluewolf wrote: »
    why would someone actually be mad you're not going to a party? :confused::confused:
    +1.

He seriously needs to get a grip. You don't have to attend every party, regardless of whether you are broke or not.

If he knew everyone there then why the hell is he mad at you for not going?

Tell him to grow up IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tomorrow I'm off to a fancy hotel with Mr Pear for the weekend, can't wait! Really should start packing but the couch is oh so comfy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hoho, anyone remember when I was in the paper and some work peers slated me over it? One has just set herself up rightly, contradicting everything they said and agreeing with me, she just hasn't realised yet, I am ready and poised to catch her...revenge is sweet! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acoshla wrote: »
    Hoho, anyone remember when I was in the paper and some work peers slated me over it? One has just set herself up rightly, contradicting everything they said and agreeing with me, she just hasn't realised yet, I am ready and poised to catch her...revenge is sweet! :D

bake a custard pie and throw it in her face after for comedic effect :pac:

+1.

He seriously needs to get a grip. You don't have to attend every party, regardless of whether you are broke or not.

If he knew everyone there then why the hell is he mad at you for not going?

Tell him to grow up IMO.

i know right?! he is being an absolute child i know its just a house party type 21st but there is no way i am walking home for half an hour by myself at night in dublin
    i cant afford a taxi home by myself or drink for that matter thats how broke i am!
    im just going to let him on coz i dont care at this stage
    i wouldnt mind but i apologized and everything
    i did promise him i would go but stuff comes up that is beyong your control you know?!
    UGH!!! :mad:

Oh lads my blood is actually boiling all over again, grrrr.

What's up Acoshla??

i know right?! he is being an absolute child i know its just a house party type 21st but there is no way i am walking home for half an hour by myself at night in dublin
    i cant afford a taxi home by myself or drink for that matter thats how broke i am!
    im just going to let him on coz i dont care at this stage
    i wouldnt mind but i apologized and everything
    i did promise him i would go but stuff comes up that is beyong your control you know?!
    UGH!!! :mad:
    You apologized? :eek:

What on earth for? Just because he is going to the party does not for one second mean that you have to go too. Regardless of whether you have €2, €200 or €2,000.

He needs to get a grip on reality, he shouldn't expect you or anyone else to attend parties just because he is going to be there.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    What's up Acoshla??

Just the whole thing is kind of being brought up again, I'm actually being proven right but nobody will admit that. Sorry if that's all cryptic, don't want to say too much. Basically, I'm right, they're wrong, na na na boo boo, stick their heads in doodoo!!!

You apologized? :eek:

What on earth for? Just because he is going to the party does not for one second mean that you have to go too. Regardless of whether you have €2, €200 or €2,000.

He needs to get a grip on reality, he shouldn't expect you or anyone else to attend parties just because he is going to be there.

yea i did but thats what im like :o

he is actually making me really mad now i really want to punch him in the face!
    im going back on a promise but wtf if that was me id be like its ok dont worry about it...he just doesnt understand and it pisses me off completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Just the whole thing is kind of being brought up again, I'm actually being proven right but nobody will admit that. Sorry if that's all cryptic, don't want to say too much. Basically, I'm right, they're wrong, na na na boo boo, stick their heads in doodoo!!!

Acoshla is this the same cow that was jealous and bitching about your article? Tell her to go suck a monkeys. You have worked damn hard to get to where you are, feck the begrudgers.

Pixie-Fairy, I'm like that with the whole apologising thing too.. I dunno why but I'm one of those people who'd nearly say sorry for saying sorry... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

*I don't know if it's just me, but it absolutely annoys the hell out of me when a friend tells you something is really getting them down, you ask what it is and they reply, "Oh, just family stuff" (or whatever). So you leave it, thinking they don't want to get into it and just say that you hope they're okay. And then they open up slightly more about it but you still have no idea what's going on.

Seriously, why can't people either tell you something straight out or just not tell you at all? Drives me insane. It's like playing a guessing game with a child who just hasn't learned how to communicate effectively yet.

*I should horrible and uncaring and unsympathetic!

• Advertisement

my friend was giving out a bit the other day to me about that
    i usually dont open up and deal with stuff on my own & write it down
    so i was saying oh just general anxiety at the moment on a background level it's grand
    then she said, oh is it to do with x
    then i tried spilling out a bit but when you're not used to it, it's harder
    especially if it's family stuff, because you feel guilty saying anything so you don't want to tell them anything but still want to vent
    or you dont have the energy because you were thinking about it so much

i know you were just giving out but since it happened to me recently i thought i'd post...

now i shall resume being a reserved mysterious dispenser of sage advice
    (and fan of cake)
    :cool: :cool:

:pac:

Lola92 wrote: »
    Acoshla is this the same cow that was jealous and bitching about your article? Tell her to go suck a monkeys. You have worked damn hard to get to where you are, feck the begrudgers.

It wasn't one, it was about 10.

Anyone here watching that Rachel Allen program on RTÉ1 just now?

Her accent, the way she talks and pronounces thing really irritates me.

Maybe it's just me but she comes across as a snob IMO. :o

You mean The Meffin Lady? As I call her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I know the guy that did camera man/producer for her last few series. She is meant to be lovely and nowhere near as pretentious as she can come across sometimes. There are others I could tell you very different stories about but I won't on a public forum.
    It wasn't one, it was about 10.
    Incredible behaviour from 'professional' adults really isn't it?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Icing a foot in an ice bucket is a horrible experience! My face was :eek: before I got further than my big toe!

Wait till you get to the stage of alternating ice and heat - much worse than ice alone!

Wrecked after today - bought a pair of polarised sunglasses that were €82.50 for €17. Legs and back are wrecked though, shouldn't be this tired! Sitting down watching the Mentalist - finally feel like I am on holidays!

edit - never mind, got it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

my friend was giving out a bit the other day to me about that
    i usually dont open up and deal with stuff on my own & write it down
    so i was saying oh just general anxiety at the moment on a background level it's grand
    then she said, oh is it to do with x
    then i tried spilling out a bit but when you're not used to it, it's harder
    especially if it's family stuff, because you feel guilty saying anything so you don't want to tell them anything but still want to vent
    or you dont have the energy because you were thinking about it so much

i know you were just giving out but since it happened to me recently i thought i'd post...

now i shall resume being a reserved mysterious dispenser of sage advice
    (and fan of cake)
    :cool: :cool:

:pac:

Oh, I know! I understand and all, it's just so frustrating 'cause you want to help or even say something productive but you don't even know what the conversation is really about.

On the subject of cake, it is delicious. There's a chocolate biscuit cake in the kitchen which I feel like I can't eat 'cause I'm being all good and healthy at the moment :(

Is she Irish?! FWIW, she irritates me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Oh God don't get me started.. She WRECKS my head... She's one of those people whose face even annoys me...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wait till you get to the stage of alternating ice and heat - much worse than ice alone!

Jaysus, I'm just doing this icing on my own so I'm not sure I'll be doing that alternating. I left it late to ice it anyway so I'm not sure it's having any effect now.

• Advertisement

i can't wait for my friend to hear my grade 6 programme this weekend, she hasn't heard me sing since i did grade 5 in dec, and my teacher says i've made loads of progress :)

i'll never get tired of that look of shock people get when they hear me - "how can someone so quiet sing so loud?"
    i signed up to sing at a casual concert in june :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement