Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FWIW I can't stand her either - putting on a fake posh accent just annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

edit - was watching it, until brother and his gf came in and changed the channel :mad:
    I freaking hate it when someone does this.
    Novella wrote: »
    Is she Irish?! FWIW, she irritates me too.
    Yup.

This is her.

rachel-allen.jpg

She was making a Chicken couscous dish recently (last week I think?) and the way she was pronouncing Almonds really irritated me and the hand movements as well. And then when she was tasting the finished meal and goes "mmmmm" :mad:

bluewolf wrote: »
    i can't wait for my friend to hear my grade 6 programme this weekend, she hasn't heard me sing since i did grade 5 in dec, and my teacher says i've made loads of progress :)

i'll never get tired of that look of shock people get when they hear me - "how can someone so quiet sing so loud?"
    i signed up to sing at a casual concert in june :o
    Hope the concert goes well for you in June Blue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The annoying thing about Rachel Allen is she knows she is annoying and has vowed never to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Oh god that woman wrecks my head.

I feel sick. Did a two hour walk up and around a mountain with my brother, then went to Taekwondo, then straight after did a kickboxing class :/ I could fall asleep right now but supposed to be going out. Yawwwwwn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

She was making a Chicken couscous dish recently (last week I think?) and the way she was pronouncing Almonds really irritated me and the hand movements as well. And then when she was tasting the finished meal and goes "mmmmm" :mad:

Is she trying to be an irish Nigella Lawson? If she is she doesn't have the boobs to pull it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

krudler wrote: »
    once they're out of the cover bag they can never be rolled up to their original size, they somehow defy the laws of physics once opened.

You don't roll, you just stuff handfuls in! Start at the closed end and get stuffing, it's the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lola92 wrote: »
    Incredible behaviour from 'professional' adults really isn't it?

Isn't it just :mad:
    Novella wrote: »
    Is she Irish?! FWIW, she irritates me too.

Her mother is foreign, Norway? Iceland? Something like that, if it explains any of the accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Theres only one person I can watch on cookery shows

bio-nigella-lawson_al.jpg

at 52 still smoking hot

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I honestly don't get the RA hate.

She seems like a perfectly pleasant person. So what if she speaks with a funny accent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Acoshla wrote: »
    It wasn't one, it was about 10.

So ten times the revenge? Hopefully!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i can't wait for my friend to hear my grade 6 programme this weekend, she hasn't heard me sing since i did grade 5 in dec, and my teacher says i've made loads of progress :)

i'll never get tired of that look of shock people get when they hear me - "how can someone so quiet sing so loud?"
    i signed up to sing at a casual concert in june :o

That's exciting! And fecking brave - there's no way I'd manage to go through with that without physically running away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    Theres only one person I can watch on cookery shows

bio-nigella-lawson_al.jpg

at 52 still smoking hot

It's amazing what a gastric band and lashings of make up can do for someone alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's exciting! And fecking brave - there's no way I'd manage to go through with that without physically running away from it.

performed on cello plenty of times... and general family events singing...but this will be exciting though :cool:
    get a bit warbly when nervous

i want to see if she'll sign me up for the music school's end of year concert in the nch, we'll see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

It's amazing what a gastric band and lashings of make up can do for someone alright.

She has a gastric band?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Pixie, you're mate sounds like an idiot. Never mind them, it's hard to make idiots see sense.

I hate Rachel Allen, she just goes through my head. Though I've a total girl crush on Nigella, she just always comes accross so nice.

Wierd day today-

Happy happy joy joy:
    My friends husband has officially gotten the all clear from cancer!!
    OH bought me a snazzy graphics tablet today
    Got to hang out with the OH's lil ledge of a nephew

Boourns:
    Bro in Laws dad had his 2nd heart attack this year and is not in good shape.
    Laptop had to go in for repairs today
    And now my beautiful baby car is sick and has to go to the garage (at this point I should point out my car is the love of my life, well it and my OH... and my dog... OH really could be 3rd :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Some of you will think I'm ungrateful for saying this. But you think in my 32 yrs on this planet my family would know me by now. I've just been given a very large butlers Easter egg from my Mam and a large galaxy one from my sister. Wtf am I meant to do with these now? I despise chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Kiera wrote: »
    Some of you will think I'm ungrateful for saying this. But you think in my 32 yrs on this planet my family would know me by now. I've just been given a very large butlers Easter egg from my Mam and a large galaxy one from my sister. Wtf am I meant to do with these now? I despise chocolate!

Regift :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

saucer of milk for table one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

You're posting in the Ladies' Lounge. And you're asking what to do with chocolate you don't want...

You're a lost bloody cause altogether :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

And apparently I'm difficult to live with. I just feel like crying.

dibs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Gastric band?? Whaaaat? :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i'm lactose intolerant and i still like chocolate

give it to us :pac:

I'll have to bring them to the next beers so :)

I wish people could understand that if someone doesn't want to put up with being picked at, it doesn't make them a bad person. I hate crying like this because I feel stupid.

:eek:

Give them to me of course. What else would you do with them.
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    And apparently I'm difficult to live with. I just feel like crying.
    *hugs* Jane.

PM is always open if you want to chat xxx

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I wish people could understand that if someone doesn't want to put up with being picked at, it doesn't make them a bad person. I hate crying like this because I feel stupid.
    You are not stupid and neither is crying.

Who's having a go at you now?

Jane, you really need to toughen up and not let things get to you so much. Just walk away to another room and forget about them. No need for so much crying, hon x

• Advertisement

I think I'm ok. I'm fed up of everyone taking their own moods out on me and expecting me to be smiling and happy about it. I'm in the bathroom crying now because I don't want anyone to see me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement