Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    saucer of milk for table one :pac:

I *really* liked her for years, then I noticed she put on a load of weight, yet kept encouraging people to eat ALL the butter, sugar, etc in the world on her show, then all of a sudden she's slim again, and yep I heard she had a gastric band fitted. And she annoys the life out of me on her programme, with her fake "Oh my friend was dumped and happened to pop by for comfort food, and here are all my other friends popping around for unexpected supper on the patio!" Yeah right Nigella! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Keira I know you're right but it gets frustrating. I'm sorry for annoying you all so much lately with all my crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Keira I know you're right but it gets frustrating. I'm sorry for annoying you all so much lately with all my crap.
    You're annoying no one. It's just not right to get upset so much. You need to grow a pair and tell them to feck off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

My 11 year old self is feeling decidedly inferior watching Junior Masterchef Australia :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

:eek:

Give them to me of course. What else would you do with them.

hey hey heyheyheyhey! does "dibs" mean nothing anymore? its almost as sacred as "shotgun"

• Advertisement

I tried that and I was told I couldn't take a joke. Ah I do need to toughen up, I let people get to me too easily and they know so they keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    I *really* liked her for years, then I noticed she put on a load of weight, yet kept encouraging people to eat ALL the butter, sugar, etc in the world on her show, then all of a sudden she's slim again, and yep I heard she had a gastric band fitted.
    Wow I just looked up about that, never knew. Am I the only one who finds the idea of a chef getting a gastric band a bit odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Mam just rang and said "haha I'd say you're like a bull after me giving you the egg. Look under the pillow in your spare room". She stuck €50 for me to go for a drink at the weekend. BEST MAM EVER! :D

bubblefett wrote: »
    Wow I just looked up about that, never knew. Am I the only one who finds the idea of a chef getting a gastric band a bit odd?

I just hate that she perpetuates this "Go on, treat yourself" approach while struggling with her own weight. Like the Hairy Bikers, incredibly overweight men telling you to make really buttery, cheesy, calorific foods!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I *really* liked her for years, then I noticed she put on a load of weight, yet kept encouraging people to eat ALL the butter, sugar, etc in the world on her show, then all of a sudden she's slim again, and yep I heard she had a gastric band fitted. And she annoys the life out of me on her programme, with her fake "Oh my friend was dumped and happened to pop by for comfort food, and here are all my other friends popping around for unexpected supper on the patio!" Yeah right Nigella! :pac:

Nigella loves her food too much to get a gastric band, she eats konjac noodles anyway and I think is making them popular.

And butter is healthy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I tried that and I was told I couldn't take a joke. Ah I do need to toughen up, I let people get to me too easily and they know so they keep at it.

I was very like you Jane when I lived at home. My parents did my head in and were always at me to go back to college/get a better job/do x y and z. Did my head in, as soon as I started making enough money I was out of there, even if it meant I was living on a shoestring budget. And with the distance between us we get on a hell of a lot better
    However bad things are, they'll get better in time x

Orla K wrote: »
    And butter is healthy!

You know what I mean, recipes FULL of things that shouldn't be eaten in large amounts, I just said butter because I remember one cookie recipe she did that was about a month's worth of butter, sugar and chocolate in one cookie, but she's like "Oh they're so good at 2am, sneak down and have one".

Yeah the only thing stopping me moving out on my own is money. I'd just love my own space. Thanks for your reply bubblefett. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I just hate that she perpetuates this "Go on, treat yourself" approach while struggling with her own weight. Like the Hairy Bikers, incredibly overweight men telling you to make really buttery, cheesy, calorific foods!

I get what you're saying. It's kind of nice though to watch her show sometimes because so many of the others are all about the healthy versions of stuff. There's ones that tell you to use the likes of cooking spray and Flora(!) instead of actual butter. I can't take those people seriously.

edit - mind you, there was one episode where Nigella made honeycomb for someone and supposedly ate the whole thing in the taxi on the way there. That kind of sh*te is so contrived and annoys me. But some of her stuff is lush!

Orla K wrote: »

And butter is healthy!

really? thought it was bad for you, why are we eating all that flora sh1te then?! back to real butter I go so

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

butter is better

really? thought it was bad for you, why are we eating all that flora sh1te then?! back to real butter I go so

If you've high cholesterol and jazz it's better for you.

Oh God Kian Egan is on Celebrity Juice, my brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Fake manufactured pseudo-healthy crap = bad
    Real natural food that your grandparents probably ate = grand

:)

Oh God Kian Egan is on Celebrity Juice, my brain.

butter is better or flora? theres heart disease in my family alright so I try to keep mine in check, I have enough wrong with me lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the eleventh doctor action theme is great if you want to feel motivated and get up and go :o

• Advertisement

butter is better or flora? theres heart disease in my family alright so I try to keep mine in check, I have enough wrong with me lol

Sorry Flora is better if trying to keep cholesterol in check, and plant sterols etc.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    the eleventh doctor action theme is great if you want to feel motivated and get up and go :o

No better way to feel like an awesome superhero while washing the dishes. <protip>You have to be careful not to get too vigorous scrubbing the pots though or you'll end up soaked. </protip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Booking my first holiday with the OH half today. So fricking excited! This is going to be so much fun! :)

Sorry Flora is better if trying to keep cholesterol in check, and plant sterols etc.

ah, thats ok then, I only really use butter/spread on toast, and even then its only a small bit, turns my stomach when theres big thick lumps of it on sandwiches, shudder. its one of the few things I dont like with food. last week I got a sausage sandwich in a deli, told her about 4 times NO BUTTER, just a bit of ketchup, she fcuking drowned the bread in butter, was actually soaking through it when I unwrapped it, vile! I think she thought I was saying MOAR BUTTER.

ah, thats ok then, I only really use butter/spread on toast, and even then its only a small bit, turns my stomach when theres big thick lumps of it on sandwiches, shudder. its one of the few things I dont like with food. last week I got a sausage sandwich in a deli, told her about 4 times NO BUTTER, just a bit of ketchup, she fcuking drowned the bread in butter, was actually soaking through it when I unwrapped it, vile! I think she thought I was saying MOAR BUTTER.

did you give it back

bluewolf wrote: »
    did you give it back

I was on my way to work so didnt realise till i got there, boourns

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I really like Rachel Allen, never thought her accent was irritating.

My first proper cookbook was by Rachel Allen (I was 9) and it was really easy to follow and everything I made would work first time. She's explains all the basics really well.

I'm going to make the lemon cake she made on the show tonight for my mum (she *loves* anything with lemon in it). Those scones looked really nice too.

You know what I mean, recipes FULL of things that shouldn't be eaten in large amounts, I just said butter because I remember one cookie recipe she did that was about a month's worth of butter, sugar and chocolate in one cookie, but she's like "Oh they're so good at 2am, sneak down and have one".

Butter, in moderation! you must be mad!

The stupid lipid hypothesis just accepted without any proper evidence showing it was true and everyone just excepted it and now we can see lots of evidence to see it's not true but places that support it are having trouble admitting they are wrong and are all tricking people into eating shíte like flora. You'll notice that no where on any flora product it will say that it will reduce your rick of heart disease.

Butter is still better!

Butter!!!!

Ye know the think I don't even like the taste of butter:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Screw butter. Give me some coconut oil instead!

• Advertisement

No, butter and fat is far better for your cholesterol and if you do have high cholesterol well then you'd be better off finding out what is wrong with your body that you do have high cholesterol and look at all the numbers in your lipid profile. I should add that cholesterol is what heals your body so you could be reducing the bodies abilities to heal itself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement