Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

mainly because Flash, Agents and Gotham are leagues above Arrow this year.

Lost interest in Gotham about 3/4 way through the first season. Is it worth going back to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Lost interest in Gotham about 3/4 way through the first season. Is it worth going back to ?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Definitely. The first half of the first season can be a slog (i enjoyed it), but it picks up when it changes from villian of the week to an overall story. The second season is like it was written by a completely different, way more talented team. Every episode so far has been fantastic.

While i enjoyed this weeks episode, i'm beginning to lose interest. I honestly couldn't care less about Sara, she annoyed me from the beginning and still annoys me now. Same with Laurel. I hope she gets killed, her face annoys me, she can't act, can't fight, that canary cry lark is laughable, and she just makes me want to punch her.

Darhk is one of the few reasons i'm still watching (aside from Felicity, i could watch an hour of her just sitting at a computer pretending to type). I'm interested in where his story goes, and how it affects the city and Oliver, but other than that, i am losing interest, mainly because Flash, Agents and Gotham are leagues above Arrow this year.

With you on everything Laurel except the "Canary Lark... that is the character like

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Thry said that there's 52 portals. So 53 worlds? Have the ballsed up?

Yeah I think they meant 52 not including there own which should make 53 in all but I'm only taking a wild stab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Episode 5 rough cut of Haunted has been leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Stephen Amell was actually good in this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really fun episode.

Matt Ryan is great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Really hope they can bring him back for another episode at some point.

Or, ya know, give Constantine another shot.

I'd love one of Starz/AMC/HBO/Showtime etc to pick up Constantine and do an Adult version of the DCU a bit like Netflix has done with MCU.

Matt Ryan was just having a blast knowing it maybe his last time as Constantine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good episode. Constantine was great fun but I'm not a fan of the supernatural elements in the show. Laurel is getting back to her annoying self. She was ok last season but I just want her die fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Did anyone notice the subtle dig at NBC from Constantine?

And uh yeah more Constantine please, either floating around Arrow and maybe The Flash, or another chance on another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Matt Ryan was great as Constantine and apparently there was a considerable ratings spike. I'd love another season of his own show but it's probably just wishful thinking at this stage. :(

I find Arrow getting better & better as this season goes on.

Where were the digs at NBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is the concept of a secret identity foreign to Arrow and even the Flash if they just allow complete strangers in on their secrets. Oliver only knew Constantine for a day at most and just brought him to his hq and gave away everybody's identity.Apart from that, Matt Ryan is perfect as Constantine and I hope he shows up again in the CW verse in either of the 3 shows. Pity they didn't have a scene where Constantine finds out Oliver is the Green Arrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Matt Ryan was great as Constantine and apparently there was a considerable ratings spike. I'd love another season of his own show but it's probably just wishful thinking at this stage. :(

I find Arrow getting better & better as this season goes on.

Where were the digs at NBC?

It was when Constantine scratched himself with a peacock feather, and NBC are known as the Peacock network because of their logo, well i thought it was a dig, not sure if everyone would agree though..

John bought a ratings boost with him.
    There was no dip or drop for the Constantine crossover on Arrow (1.0/3) last night. The strongly promoted appearance by the Hellblazer character of his now cancelled NBC show saw the CW show rise 11% in the key demo from last week when the archer of Star City

http://deadline.com/2015/11/empire-ratings-steady-cma-awards-down-arrow-constantine-crossover-abc-fox-1201609014/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

MRW there are a lot of rumors about Constantine getting on the CW, for more than one episode.

s0P7Pxf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the subtle dig at NBC from Constantine?

And uh yeah more Constantine please, either floating around Arrow and

Haha the peacock feather :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Good episode this week. Great to see Ray back in the fold. Sara, less so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The roll to LoT launch in the New Year is really starting to take shape now.

Got a laugh at the nod to SPECTRE.

What was that at the end? Is DD gonna try to shrink a bunch of city blocks or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is the team using icers now or something? They seem very gun happy, but obviously they're not killing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is the team using icers now or something? They seem very gun happy, but obviously they're not killing
    well ollie shot an arrow through some guys back and it came out through his chest, which looked extremely close to his heart, the no killing thing is a bit sad really, i mean how do you intend to stop an army if you dont plan on culling their numbers, and if you kill their boss, sure theyll just go work for someone else,

arrow has maintained its inconsistency this season, the show strays off story so often to get the LoT show up and going, their doing the same on flash, but it just seems a lot more organic on that show, its still a good show, i just dont get how its so inconsistent, while flash doesnt seem to have the same issue,

Really good episode this week.

Darhk & Thea's clash was really interesting. Neal McDonough is just great.

Brothers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Neal McDonough is just great.
    Always been a fan and he's working very well here. The reaction with Thea is indeed interesting and the first chink in his armour.

Was it just me or was the fight choreography significantly better than normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have they ever explained how they're able to jump from tall buildings and land on their feet? Pretty sure bending your knees wouldn't be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ixoy wrote: »
    Was it just me or was the fight choreography significantly better than normal?

James Bamford who is the fight Coordinator directed the episode so that's probably why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

James Bamford who is the fight Coordinator directed the episode so that's probably why

They had one really good continous action shot before camera changed angle when they burst into that room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I think that he was watching a few movies or shows like Daredevil in the build up to shooting this. You could see he was really trying to impress with the 1 shot fight scenes as shown in the dock yard with the containers and then with Thea and dead brother guy (forgot his name) when they fought in the corridor, lift and back into the corridor.

Very well choreographed and great to see as its never an easy thing to do right.

IMO - Arrow is still the weaker of the shows. I just watch it and get these horrible Smallville flashbacks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

For the love of god can they please get rid of the black canary and give Diggle a better mask.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Squaredude wrote: »
    For the love of god can they please get rid of the black canary and give Diggle a better mask.
    I think it's perfect that Laurel Lance is now the Black Canary. The Canary cry perfectly mimics her characters standard screeching as she moans every episode.

Advertisement