Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Did not think this episode was great. Thought it was predictable and slow. Talk about having no initiative the rest of them could not do anything without Felicity and Oliver they are like baby's they have to be spoon fed everything for feck sake. Olivers disappears and what happens the city falls into anarchy. I think the flash was much better this week even do there was some silly things in it too. Got to say the best show back on tv the last couple of weeks so far is Homeland. Absolutely brilliant start to its 5th season.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I completely believe that they have no idea who's in there. It's very rare that a TV show has the entire story of the season planned out at the beginning. Most of them are writing/creating the main story as they go.

Maybe they're using it as a threat to any actor demanding too much of a pay rise :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

AMKC wrote: »
    Did not think this episode was great. Thought it was predictable and slow. Talk about having no initiative the rest of them could not do anything without Felicity and Oliver they are like baby's they have to be spoon fed everything for feck sake. Olivers disappears and what happens the city falls into anarchy. I think the flash was much better this week even do there was some silly things in it too. Got to say the best show back on tv the last couple of weeks so far is Homeland. Absolutely brilliant start to its 5th season.

Homeland has been fantastic but for me The Leftovers is the best show on TV atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Yeah, I'm really not sure about the start of this series. But I've always been really on the fence about Arrow. It always feels like it's trying too hard to be dark. Though I'll keep watching it because I love superheroes so I can't resist it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Clearly Laurel and Thea aren't thinking clearly. Thea was a bit crazy, attacking everyone when she came out. So do they really think it wise to bring Sarah back with the one who killed her standing there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

At this rate most of Team Arrow will be draugrs by next season. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

They should bring back Tommy. And Moira. And Shado. And Diggle's brother. And Deadshot because he turned out okay. And those people that got bumped off in the artificial earthquakes. Actually, Merlyn should be able to bring back his wife too.

Guessing Palmer is somehow in Felicity's phone, or communicating with it somehow.

I always seem to get mixed up between JR Bourne and Titus Welliver

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have to say I'm really enjoying Darhk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

i hate the supernatural elements they keep bringing to the show but I really enjoyed the original gang back together in this episode. Old felicity is back and not mopey anymore:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Big fan of arrow but laurel really is a terrible character

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Big fan of arrow but laurel really is a terrible character

she is beyond awful - the woman cannot act and that really shone through in this episode!

She's not bad. She's just drawn written that way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    She's not bad. She's just drawn written that way

I don't have issue with the actress (although it's hard to look like a good one when your character is portrayed the way hers is) but Laurel comes across so 2D at times from her bringing Sara back in this episode and having absolutely nothing to counter with when everyone tells her it isn't a good idea to how she is actually a liability in the field cos after some boxing training she now thinks she is a superhero.

Although at least they actually showed her being a bit sh!t when it came to villain fights.

/deep voice

Previously on The CW's Arrow The Walking Dead

Comic books
    There's more than one Lazarus pit, so this ain't likely to be the end of this wacky take on baptism

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Glad they got rid of the Lazarus Pit because it removes the "just resurrect them" option when we saw the grave at the end of the first episode.

Caity Lotz snarling put in a far better performance than Katie Cassidy did in the entire episode. FWIW, I've found Lotz to be one of the strongest actors in the show (and Cassidy the weakest).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ixoy wrote: »
    Glad they got rid of the Lazarus Pit because it removes the "just resurrect them" option when we saw the grave at the end of the first episode.

Caity Lotz snarling put in a far better performance than Katie Cassidy did in the entire episode. FWIW, I've found Lotz to be one of the strongest actors in the show (and Cassidy the weakest).

It's still there in 51 other worlds ;) thanks to the Flash.

Thry said that there's 52 portals. So 53 worlds? Have the ballsed up?

From what we've seen so far it seems the portals all link to Jay's world

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

CONSTANTINE IN EPISODE 5 TITLE NAME OF THE EPISODE IS HAUNTED CANT WAIT AM A BIG FAN OF THE TRENCH COAT WEARING BLONDIE FROM THE POOL should be brilliant to see him back as Constantine in arrow really hope it encourages the cw to take on Constantine for second season interlinking him to the universe (flash and heroes of tomorrow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

An ok episode this week.

Looking forward to next week now to see
    Constantine exorcising evil Lazarus pit spirits for Sara.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Farty88 wrote: »
    CONSTANTINE IN EPISODE 5 TITLE NAME OF THE EPISODE IS HAUNTED CANT WAIT AM A BIG FAN OF THE TRENCH COAT WEARING BLONDIE FROM THE POOL should be brilliant to see him back as Constantine in arrow really hope it encourages the cw to take on Constantine for second season interlinking him to the universe (flash and heroes of tomorrow)

They have canned Constantine?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

jonny24ie wrote: »
    They have canned Constantine?

It's a pity was such a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Constantine was in such a mystical show it seems like it should exist in a separate universe. An ok episode this week but apart from a few interactions between captain lance and Oliver it was pretty uninteresting. Lance's justification for working with Darkh was particularly weak.

Is it just me or do the fighting skill level of our team of heroes seem to vary wildly from week to week?

Also when Lance and Laurel came up from the basement, was anyone else thinking the demons of the Lazarus pit were about to be unleashed on those bad guys?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought Constantine was in this week's episode - even timed the season finale of Constantine to it! *grumble*

Agreed it was only okay - seemed merely setting up future plot threads.

What was with Laurel's incredibly pissy look when they were taking the lift down to the new lair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

My interest in watching Arrow varies from time to time... peaks and troughs. At the moment it is approaching a trough. The acting can be very grating. Too many characters trying to be too intense. And Laurel, I really can´t look at her on screen for too long.
    Compare this to Daredevil or Agents of shield, where the acting seems to be more natural, story flows better.
    Fight scenes are better choreographed.

The constant intensity and lingering camera stares. enough already. The only one who can act naturally seems to be Felicity, and Oliver, when he`s relaxed on screen.

anyway... maybe the budgets are bigger on the Marvel stuff, who knows, but being comic book tv shows, comparisons will be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While i enjoyed this weeks episode, i'm beginning to lose interest. I honestly couldn't care less about Sara, she annoyed me from the beginning and still annoys me now. Same with Laurel. I hope she gets killed, her face annoys me, she can't act, can't fight, that canary cry lark is laughable, and she just makes me want to punch her.

Darhk is one of the few reasons i'm still watching (aside from Felicity, i could watch an hour of her just sitting at a computer pretending to type). I'm interested in where his story goes, and how it affects the city and Oliver, but other than that, i am losing interest, mainly because Flash, Agents and Gotham are leagues above Arrow this year.

....(aside from Felicity, i could watch an hour of her just sitting at a computer pretending to type)....

Ditto! I adore EBR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I 2nd the idea of Laurel being killed off either this season or the next, couldn't they have used someone else besides Sara for Legends Of Tomorrow.

Advertisement