Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

It looks like she has undone a lot of surgery and is much less annoying.

There seems to have been a tonal shift this season with much less camera brooding and melodrama. Have the writers been changed??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Interesting: The io9 review of this episode focuses strongly on the direction and choreography employed. Obviously a lot of people noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I kinda thought the whole thing felt a bit power-rangery at times although the lift scene was quite well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I kinda thought the whole thing felt a bit power-rangery at times although the lift scene was quite well done.

Best fight scene I've seen in a long time was ming na in agents of shield fighting herself.... Table scene...

youngblood wrote: »
    Best fight scene I've seen in a long time was ming na in agents of shield fighting herself.... Table scene...

Nola Vs Burton in Banshee trumps anything we have seen in this field

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC!!

• Advertisement

Nola Vs Burton in Banshee trumps anything we have seen in this field
    'Banshee' is leagues ahead of nearly any other show (and most films) in terms of excellent choreography in fight scenes. 'Daredevil' did a good job in its first season too, never reaching the heights of 'Banshee' (although the second episode almost did). And 'Arrow', with the latest episode, was about halfway towards 'Daredevil' or some of 'Agents of SHIELD', meaning it was above the show's base which isn't all that high...

Second Daredevil? That the one in the hallway?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Check at your own discretion
    Colton Haynes
    Returning to Arrow Season 4

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/20/colton-haynes-returning-to-arrow-season-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I must have missed it, but when did Lauren get the screeching power??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I must have missed it, but when did Lauren get the screeching power??

It's a collar that Cisco made for her last season. It happened in the Flash not Arrow.

• Advertisement

It's a collar that Cisco made for her last season. It happened in the Flash not Arrow.

It's an improvement on the screeching pods that Sarah threw in Season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Neal McDonough is just great.
    Yep, he's doing a brilliant job, can't wait to see how his arch culminates.

Just on the action/fight scenes, while it was definitely noticeable that the shot style was different, I felt some of the fight scenes were a bit WWE, i.e. a bit too slow and in some instances, you could see characters pulling punches, which ruins the illusion.

Agreed with the Banshee comment btw, miles ahead of anything else I've seen fight scene wise. Brilliant show, if you haven't watched it, I suggest binge watching it in advance of its final season next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

KT10 wrote: »
    Agreed with the Banshee comment btw, miles ahead of anything else I've seen fight scene wise. Brilliant show, if you haven't watched it, I suggest binge watching it in advance of its final season next year.

I got into the second season, but lost all interest a few episodes in. Don't know exactly why, but it didn't grab me. Then again, i have strange taste, i also don't like Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Homeland and a few others. Maybe i just prefer the "unbelievable" stuff that we see in Agents, Arrow, Flash, Gotham, The Walking Dead... Actually, if i was to go through my library, there isn't one show which doesn't involve something paranormal, superhuman, space or aliens, zombies, and other non-realistic events.

Banshee realistic??????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Tom Amandes cast as
    The Calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Banshee realistic??????

Well, more realistic than the ones i've mentioned. Seemed more grounded in reality, rather than super powers and space stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Damn thanksgiving celebrations!
    No episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Definitely weird direction on the episode this week especially the fighting, it looked so fake. I felt like I was watching WWF not a comic book show. Both myself and my wife felt it kind of took from the episode.

Although I have definitely noticed a changing in filming techniques on Arrow this year, it's brighter and more "soap opera"ish. Has the budget been cut? Or maybe the opposite, is it like the 60fps screening of The Hobbit or the computer animated movie Polar Express, it looks so real that your brain notices and amplifies anything out of the ordinary, the "uncanny valley" effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great 2nd part to the crossover. It was fun to see how badly things went wrong.

Poor old Cisco. :o

Did anyone catch the nod to Avengers Age Of Ultron in last night's Arrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, Thea's reference with the heroes in a farmhouse mention.

Ollie should know not to ask Barry to keep a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Ok am I missing something? There was no Arrow or Flash on Sky this week even when I look on on demand/catch up its the Brotherhood episode (7) and Grodd (7) so where are you all watching the crossover?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Quick!! Everyone Scatter... It's a trap!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I ain't sayin nothin!

So it's Oliver's kid who is in the grave then.

Or the kid's mother.

ixoy wrote: »
    So it's Oliver's kid who is in the grave then.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Or the kid's mother.

Or it could be
    Felicity
    , i've that funny feeling it is, guess we'll know soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With Lazarus pits, Time Travel, Constantine & 51 other worlds established in this universe the writers can put anyone in the grave and have them out of it in the next episode with a reasonable comic book explanation.

With Lazarus pits, Time Travel, Constantine & 51 other worlds established in this universe

Well there's only one other world. There's just 51 rifts into it but just Earth 2. The number is a nod to fans.
    Either way yes there's plenty of get out clauses, something that always cheapens death stories in comic books.

The kid makes sense. It explains why only Barry is there. It will also allow Oliver to go all angsty because he brought the kid into his dangerous world when he could have just left him alone. Could be the mother but he wouldn't be upset enough and the kids would be there.
    I've convinced myself it's the kids now and not, as I had hoped, Laurel Lance.

• Advertisement

The guys behind the show said the death is permanent anyway.

I think, for this season anyway, that Laurel's canary cry was only used to any effect once.

One thing about this crossover I didn't like was Savage wasn't what I was expecting. Expected him to be more imposing. That's how he comes across in the comics. More Jason Momoa, though in a less barbarian way

Advertisement