Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No I'd say the are going to build up to a rematch at WrestleMania 32 the WWE are looking to break attendance records at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Also the Vixen animated show finished today

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great opener some great twists and that Flash Forward ending!

McDonough’s Darhk is a huge standout for me.

The effects of the Lazarus pit on Thea.

It also wouldn't be Arrow The Green Arrow without some great cheesy lines "Oh your really strong" lol

Loved the Hal Jordan Easter egg.

Oh and Felicity in that red dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Very strong start. Betting that thing in the future scene belongs to Lance.

Edit: Actually in a dark twist, could that final scene be their way of reintroducing the shows version of Conor Hawke? Would be very powerful IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Great start to the season. Hope it continues

• Advertisement

Great start to the season. Hope it continues

Surprisingly the reviews it is getting aren't great. But then again some of these are reviews that criticise a hero show for having drama, because it should be all fight scenes, and that "they are owed" what they want in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Am I the only one who'd love to see the "Arrow Undercover in the Suburbs" show?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Strong opener, if a bit frantic. Seems like they wanted to fit in an awful lot in that episode.

And funny that Felicity was saying she missed this and that. I missed her. Christ she's phenomenal! I was angry at the end though, if they kill her off, i'll be rightly pissed, but i'd imagine that could be Thea or Diggles grave, i can't see Oliver showing that much emotion over Lance or Canary, and surely they wouldn't kill off Felicity?!

Also, and i'd imagine i'm not the only one thinking this, but:

If people are going to discuss potential plots or stories, or new characters not yet seen, could ye spoiler them? I don't have any background info in relation to Arrow, and i don't want anything ruined for me in the future. I know i'm in the Arrow forum, but it's about the TV series, and those with no previous reading of the comics, etc, will not know anything that's coming. So please, please, please spoiler any conversation in relation to the Arrow canon/history. Something like <Arrow comic spoiler>
    some arrow stuff
    . Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good episode but I wish Willa Holland had bulked up a bit to make her fight scenes a bit more realistic. Diggles mask is also bugging for his ridiculousness but the bad guys seem to be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That unexpected plot twist that early was unexpected..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That unexpected plot twist that early was unexpected..

That sentence hurts my head :P I guess it's significant that the Flash was in the final scene. Maybe he was just upset that Oliver was upset because he really only knows one person in the group that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That sentence hurts my head :P I guess it's significant that the Flash was in the final scene. Maybe he was just upset that Oliver was upset because he really only knows one person in the group that well.

that sentence should have ended with a "da da daaaaaaaaa

:D

or Jazz hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I hated the 3rd season and almost stopped watching because of it. If season 4 continues like this, it could be the best season yet. Great start. And FINALLY we have Green Arrow protecting Star City.

If it hurt your head reading it, it hurt my head typing it, I always had a niggling doubt
    Lance
    , but i didn't expect said doubt to be confirmed in the very 1st episode of the new season.. Also I wonder who died??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also I wonder who died??

Apparently the writers don't know who's in the grave yet, they're still trying to "figure the plan out for the season".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed that. I had forgotten Neal McDonough had been cast as Darhk and he did a great job (as usual) here.
    Appreciate it seems to be taking a lighter tone at the start too - Ollie isn't moaning for a start. People are a bit happier. Obviously that won't always be the case going by the end...

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Apparently the writers don't know who's in the grave yet, they're still trying to "figure the plan out for the season".

Ugh, I was afraid of this...

Average-Ro wrote: »

That would be complete bollocks coming from the studio. Like the execs would allow the writers to commit to killing a cast member, without knowledge of who

Maybe the cemetery scene was a mcguffin, and used to set something else up instead..

We'll find out in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The writers would know exactly who is in the grave. They probabley aren't sure how they end up there but they would know who is in the grave

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The writers would know exactly who is in the grave. They probabley aren't sure how they end up there but they would know who is in the grave
    Given what's happening in 'The Flash', they're going to have an easy way out for any character in a grave surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ah sure throw them into the Lazuras Pit and they'll be grand.Worked for Sarah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

doesnt matter whos in the grave, cause it wont stick anyway, this is a comic show, it could be felicitys grave, but she may not be dead, she might be kidnapped and is being held somewhere, and then break out at the start of next season,

it already looks likes whoever it is, they were killed by Darhk, and id say the final fight will reveal said character isnt dead,

i think i just spoiled the season lol

Honestly that article looks taken out of context to me. As someone who has done interviews with papers, magazines, etc. for various things, trust me, you will be misquoted or manipulated in post every time. I would reckon, "we don't know" is a generalist statement in regard to the audience. Of course they don't know the full swing of the season just yet as they haven't finished writing it, but given that they have said straight out this character will stay dead, do you think the whole cast would work a season with the knowledge that they may already have bee dropped? Not a chance. They know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

There's no way they don't know who is in the grave . The actors would need to know well in advance if they were being written out so they could start auditioning for other shows .

Another good episode! If they keep this level of quality, they may surpass season 2. Lots of good stuff happening and some more comic stuff coming to pass:
    Oliver running for Mayor.
    The new villain being Anarky.

And was nice to see they went to the effort to
    decompose Sara's body in the grave.
    A lot of shows would've dropped the ball on that one.

This new storyline seems fraught with danger- what if in the future the mayor needs to present the green Arrow with keys to the city ala the Flash,how will they handle that ?. I think the PTSD is making Thea interesting, it would be a pity if they got rid of that quickly. Flashbacks boring but the main storyline and the ghosts seem interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This new storyline seems fraught with danger- what if in the future the mayor needs to present the green Arrow with keys to the city ala the Flash,how will they handle that ?. I think the PTSD is making Thea interesting, it would be a pity if they got rid of that quickly. Flashbacks boring but the main storyline and the ghosts seem interesting.

A lot shorter so far imo which I am happy about.

I wonder if Jerri Ryan will have a recurring role now that she isn't running for mayor or is it just one and done.

now that we know how Sarah is coming back (kinda expected anyway) it will be interesting to see how they deal with the return of Ray Palmer without it really coming off as no characters really die esp seing as it'l no doubt be done pretty early if him and sarah are needed for the mid season on the other show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

There's no way they don't know who is in the grave . The actors would need to know well in advance if they were being written out so they could start auditioning for other shows .

I completely believe that they have no idea who's in there. It's very rare that a TV show has the entire story of the season planned out at the beginning. Most of them are writing/creating the main story as they go.

Advertisement