Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The guys behind the show said the death is permanent anyway.

I think, for this season anyway, that Laurel's canary cry was only used to any effect once.

One thing about this crossover I didn't like was Savage wasn't what I was expecting. Expected him to be more imposing. That's how he comes across in the comics. More Jason Momoa, though in a less barbarian way

I would imagine, seeing as this was only the crossover/set up to Legends Of Tomorrow, that they held back on what Savage can really do, and once Legends hits the ground running, Savage will become more and more vicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭pah

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, Thea's reference with the heroes in a farmhouse mention.

Ollie should know not to ask Barry to keep a secret.

might have picked it up wrong but i thought that was a clark kent smallville joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I don't think Arrow is a dark enough show that they would kill a kid. If they kill the mother then Oliver would be left with the kid and I don't think they will do that either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I don't think Arrow is a dark enough show that they would kill a kid. If they kill the mother then Oliver would be left with the kid and I don't think they will do that either.

I would have agreed but the kid is an easier decision in some ways :
    1) They get to keep the main cast we know
    2) It allows for trauma for Oliver about how he brought the kid into this.
    3) Why only Barry was there.

I just don't know who else they'd kill. The kid might be alive in Earth 2 but happily with a family.

We'll see because it may be too dark. Still have my fingers crossed for Laurel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Only Barry being there indicates nothing. Ollie coulda been at the grave hours after everyone had left. The reason no one else was there in the scene is to keep the mystery that anyone from the show could be in the grave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only Barry being there indicates nothing. Ollie coulda been at the grave hours after everyone had left. The reason no one else was there in the scene is to keep the mystery that anyone from the show could be in the grave.

Doesn't Barry apologise for missing the funeral? Maybe I am remembering it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess we know who's in the grave :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah it has to be a misdirection - they showed the grave scene in the "Previously" bit to set expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah it has to be a misdirection - they showed the grave scene in the "Previously" bit to set expectations.

I agree with the misdirection alright.

The one thing I'll say though after the crossover Oliver now knows Barry can time travel if he runs fast enough.

That is something the Arrow writers would do I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Time travel,lazarus pits and alternate dimensions pretty much make death undoable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ah feck. Please be a misdirection, I'd be heartbroken if Felicity is off my screen.

Well the lazarus pit it is out of action but unless they get rid of the Flash any death on the show is now preventable. The action sequences on the show, apart from the ending scene, have become a but uninspiring and I'm afraid that Darkh has become a bit one-note.Hopefully the second half of the season is better. Especially the flashback scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Do we get another episode before xmas as i take it will be awhile before it back next year.

homingbird wrote: »
    Do we get another episode before xmas as i take it will be awhile before it back next year.

No, last night was the winter finale, Arrow will return on January 20th.

Definitely misdirection - she's a fan favourite. My money is still on the kid or his mum!

As to Barry saving her - he apologises at the funeral meaning I guess he can't save whoever it is. He can only unwind time back to a point I'd say, so I reckon they won't use that undo switch.

And I still like Darkh - he's lots of fun!

homingbird wrote: »
    January the 20th is the next Arrow episode so you're waiting a while. Hence the big cliffhanger!

What if it's
    Felicity's mother
    who's in the grave? Or even
    Detective Lance

ixoy wrote: »
    As to Barry saving her - he apologises at the funeral meaning I guess he can't save whoever it is. He can only unwind time back to a point I'd say, so I reckon they won't use that undo switch.

In S1, Flash travelled back about 20 years; that won't be a reason.

In S1, Flash travelled back about 20 years; that won't be a reason.

You're right. I thought the writers said they wouldn't do a cop out and that it's a permanent death?

ixoy wrote: »
    You're right. I thought the writers said they wouldn't do a cop out and that it's a permanent death?

They did, it'll be permanent. I kinda think, and am scared that, it might be
    Diggle
    . I'd prefer it be
    Lance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im guessing Lance mostly because of the dialogue between lance and oliver this season. Plus hes played double agent and they tend to end up dead.

All speculation but It would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Or alternatively, maybe its a ruse. Maybe the grave is empty. Darhk cant kill somebody close to Oliver if he already thinks he/she is dead.

Alternatively, alternatively.., they may just remove the ability from the Flash to go back in time because it makes him too overpowered. Maybe there's a side effect to it that becomes apparent.

It's the Flash. Time travel is his thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

I reckon Oliver
    will pretend that Felicity is dead and she will go off somewhere with her mother until he has defeated Dhark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Alternatively, alternatively.., they may just remove the ability from the Flash to go back in time because it makes him too overpowered. Maybe there's a side effect to it that becomes apparent.

What if the graveside scene is the side effect of his most recent run back in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

gazzer wrote: »
    I reckon Oliver
    will pretend that Felicity is dead and she will go off somewhere with her mother until he has defeated Dhark

Or become some form of go to person, handing out knowledge from on high like some kind of Oracle...

They wouldn't do that though, that would be stepping on toes. Maybe call her Delphi instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Felicity will end up in a wheelchair and/or cant have kids now

Advertisement