Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you sack Kidney, yay, or nay ?

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Hagz wrote: »
    I agree with you that it goes deeper than Kidney and his coaching staff. But all people can do is criticize what they can see.

Yep... Kidney is getting the blame for everything because he is in peoples vision.,,and he does deserve criticism..but similar issues keep coming up..with Kidney, EOS, Gatland (maybe not the same but still issues)
    Is replacing another one going to make the difference people want and expect? If there are other problems within the national structure, and lets be realistic, none of us know that really, but if there is, does replacing the coach make a jot of a difference...probably not.

No one has yet given an answer to who we replace him with either.

Look, we could go around for ever on this..but sometimes people should be careful what they wish for. Far away hills and all that..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

So your argument is because we don't know who to replace him with and because there is a chance that his replacement could be crap that we shouldn't replace him?

That's a bit silly.

Teferi wrote: »
    So your argument is because we don't know who to replace him with and because there is a chance that his replacement could be crap that we shouldn't replace him?

That's a bit silly.

No, i think there could possibly be more than just problems with the coach..and replacing yet another one in that case is going to make no difference

People want Kidney sacked in 2012,
    EOS 'resigned' 2008,
    Galtand sacked 2001..
    Ashton resigned before him too..
    did Murray Kid before him also resign

(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I don't think Gatland was sacked, his contract just wasn't renewed.
    T
    I am on record here on boards anyway as disagreeing with the Kidney appointment from the get go as I knew this was coming. He was terrible at bringing through talent at Munster and had them playing a very limited game. Munster were never as good as Leinster are now and quite frankly they could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

The Irish would benefit hugely if somebody of Wayne Smith's caliber would be willing to coach them. I believe him to be the best coach in world rugby behind Gatland. Kidney needs to go, he has champion players to choose from as highlighted in the club season but he still gets stomped by 32 points from an out of sorts rusty AB's on a World Cup hangover. No attacking strategies seemed to be apparent, that is a coaches responsibility.

Murray Kidd has recently (3 or for years) come off his season of coaching Division 3 village rugby club Drury (true story town population of 320, great bloke), he still seemed to know his stuff better then Kidney.

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I don't think Gatland was sacked, his contract just wasn't renewed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/ireland/3017872/Gatland-sacked-from-Irish-coaching-role.html#

http://irishecho.com/?p=52533

As I said, not defending Kidney...but if he is to be sacked then i hope it delivers the results everyone wants, and that he isn't just an easy target or one part of other problems within the structures, that won't be solved by just sacking kidney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Cant believe people are giving Kidney credit for changing the first XV when its been long long overdue. Even then the changes have been peculiar and stank of an all too familiar Munster bias. Fact is any casual fan would've looked through our lineup and said our wings are a mistake waiting to happen and that Murray isnt in good enough form to start against such clinical opponents. I can barely think of a single thing he's done in the last 2 years worthy of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

He is now bringing Tony Buckley over.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

I've been calling for a change for 2 years now. People here were really fed up with me for a long time but now I get to tell a lot of you....I told you so!
    Kidney was great for Munster and great in 2009 before the law changes but since then he just has no vision anymore as a coach. The game has moved beyond his philosophy and he just doesn't get it. He also totally mismanages players.

I believe now is the perfect time for the IRFU to swoop in for Joe Schmidt who I believe would get us playing competitively with the SH nations. I honestly think that Joe would take the job in a heartbeat.

The IRFU are to blame for for the last 7 years of failure, stagnation and lack of development at the highest level and if they don't act now after a 0-3 tour as expected then we can all fear the worst for Irish rugby.(ie. no decent coach will take the job)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Leinster7 wrote: »
    I've been calling for a change for 2 years now. People here were really fed up with me for a long time but now I get to tell a lot of you....I told you so!
    Kidney was great for Munster and great in 2009 before the law changes but since then he just has no vision anymore as a coach. The game has moved beyond his philosophy and he just doesn't get it. He also totally mismanages players.

I believe now is the perfect time for the IRFU to swoop in for Joe Schmidt who I believe would get us playing competitively with the SH nations. I honestly think that Joe would take the job in a heartbeat.

The IRFU are to blame for for the last 2 years of failure, stagnation and lack of development at the highest level and if they don't act now after a 0-3 tour as expected then we can all fear the worst for Irish rugby.(ie. no decent coach will take the job)

That will never happen. The Irish rugby job is still a huge gig

I don't think we'll get Schmidt because I have a feeling he wants to go home after his Leinster contract is up. But we could realistically attract any other coach with the right money i.e. someone like Nick Mallet

Saying not decent coach would take the job is a bit silly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Rather than veering off tangent on a rant, do you disagree that our performance today, and the team selected has been a step up from the 6N?

Ugh, I already answered you - no. The team selection was nothing to do with Declan Kidney it was injuries. I also said in the matchday thread it was the wrong team to pick considering injuries. He hasn't a clue.

And our performance was shockingly bad. I haven't seen defensive systems as bad as those in an international test match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I wonder how he'll find getting a job after Ireland. Much like EOS I can see him struggling.

Ah man I miss juvenals match threads

I can see where Thomond got his inspiration! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh, I already answered you - no. The team selection was nothing to do with Declan Kidney it was injuries. I also said in the matchday thread it was the wrong team to pick considering injuries. He hasn't a clue.

And our performance was shockingly bad. I haven't seen defensive systems as bad as those in an international test match.

Were DOC, Trimble and D'Arcy injured?

Were DOC, Trimble and D'Arcy injured?

Rumour has it Darcy was yes. Trimble no - but he hardly lit the world on fire during the 6N. We shouldn't be giving him browny points for putting DOC on the bench in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    Rumour has it Darcy was yes. Trimble no - but he hardly lit the world on fire during the 6N. We shouldn't be giving him browny points for putting DOC on the bench in fairness.

Pretty sure D'Arcy is fit from what I can tell. I heard a rumour D'Arcy was inured... The same rumour that said Keith Earls threw a fit to play center :P

IRFU are very transparent with injuries and they haven't mentioned his fitness.

So you say Kidney only made changes where he was forced. Then when its pointed out to you that not all of his changes were forced you say they don't count!

I want kidney out, but there's enough of reason already without inventing more!

Pretty sure D'Arcy is fit from what I can tell. I heard a rumour D'Arcy was inured... The same rumour that said Keith Earls threw a fit to play center :P

IRFU are very transparent with injuries and they haven't mentioned his fitness.

So you say Kidney only made changes where he was forced. Then when its pointed out to you that not all of his changes were forced you say they don't count!

I want kidney out, but there's enough of reason already without inventing more!

Okay, to be fair, you got me in regards to DOC for Touhy. We all wanted that and got it. Fair play to Kidders. ;)

But I've been told Darce was carrying a niggle by someone who works for the IRFU. How true it is I don't know. Just passing on what I'm told.

I know for a fact that the IRFU, as with most professional sport outfits, are not transparant on injuries for good reason too.

The majority of the changes however were injury forced. If Darce was 100% he'd be playing. I wouldn't be surprised if DOC and Trimble had niggles in training.

As for your last comment; I'm not 'inventing' more reasons. Ross, Fez, POC, Fitz, Bowe are all injured. I didn't say ALL his changes were forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

I really think his position is untenable after that performance.Hes lost the team and his failure to rotate, poor player management and stale tactics are clearly to fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

He MUST go. For goodness sakes he MUST go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Is this not getting a bit ridiculous? This thread has being open since Feb.
    Could you imagine a thread: Brian O'Driscoll should not be captain open since Feb???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

He hasn't done himself any favours after todays performance. All Blacks unreal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

No he is my uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭chooochooo

Sacking's too good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yup I'd get rid of him and get somebody in who'll really experiment for this 6 nations and the next one preparing for 2015.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement