Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrone GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

i see harte already on the ball lookin for another year extention for 2018 season! what an arrogant bluffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭tanko

If ye don't want him, we're looking for a manager :rolleyes:

tanko wrote: »
    If ye don't want him, we're looking for a manager :rolleyes:

please take him. he wouldnt be much difference to ur last manager anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

i see harte already on the ball lookin for another year extention for 2018 season! what an arrogant bluffer.

An arrogant bluffer? Bit harsh no?

what other manager after finishing the season so poorly would be lookin for a contract extenstion within 2 weeks? if thats not arrogant i dont know what it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I've seen it all now.

How is Harte a bluffer... and ne'er mind who would you get in instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've seen it all now.

How is Harte a bluffer... and ne'er mind who would you get in instead?

The next management team are lined up, or at least they were.

Of course he's not a bluffer, he's just won Ulster with a pretty new team, got promotion to d1 and lost one game in a year. That's ignoring all his previous achievements.

Jayop wrote: »
    The next management team are lined up, or at least they were.

Of course he's not a bluffer, he's just won Ulster with a pretty new team, got promotion to d1 and lost one game in a year. That's ignoring all his previous achievements.

Yup I know. But the sham above thinks otherwise. Who's the new team?

Yup I know. But the sham above thinks otherwise. Who's the new team?

Yeah read that.

Fergal Logan along with Canavan and Dooher are the natural successors I think.

Yeah read that.

Fergal Logan along with Canavan and Dooher are the natural successors I think.

I'd heard that. I was thinking though that had gone the way side cos there was little chat.

I think Mickey has more than earned the right to go when HE wants to.

• Advertisement

I'd heard that. I was thinking though that had gone the way side cos there was little chat.

I think Mickey has more than earned the right to go when HE wants to.

Well that's it really. A year or two ago there was a lot more talk of mickey going so the lads were being talked up but that's all gone quiet now.

im from the south of the county. let me ask you, do u enjoy watchin tyrone games? can u not see the succession of talented young tyrone footballer this man has ruined? ray mulgrew, kyle coney, ronan o neill to name but a few. a parasite clings on to something and sucks the life out of it til there is nothing left and thats exactly what this man is doing. people in tyrone need to open their eyes and mouths to this nonsense.
    I like how a Dub and a Donegal man have come in here to bat.

How the hell has he "ruined them"?

You've come in here and spouted nonsense and made no definitive statements backed up with evidence.

It's essentially "I don't like Mickey and I'm going to spew bile now indefinitely".

Harte spawned the greatest ever team i ever saw kick a ball so he's a long way to go before I get to criticise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

MOD

Tidied up the thread - we don't actively police all the threads here - we try to action all reported posts asap but there's times when work & other stuff just means it's not possible. Ta

I like how a Dub and a Donegal man have come in here to bat.

How the hell has he "ruined them"?

You've come in here and spouted nonsense and made no definitive statements backed up with evidence.

It's essentially "I don't like Mickey and I'm going to spew bile now indefinitely".

Harte spawned the greatest ever team i ever saw kick a ball so he's a long way to go before I get to criticise him.

yeah u keep talking about the team that won there last all ireland 8 yrs ago. im talking about what i see now in 2016. get up to date lad.

county committee has refused mickey harte his demand for an extension to his contract. common sense has prevailed it seems.

whys that? did u not think it a bit arrogant he looked for it in the first place?

Not really. Why wouldn't he look for it if he wants it. It's up to them then to decide if he should get it.

hes probably the only inter county manager ive ever seen looking for an extension before his current contract has even expired. this after such a disappointing end to the year from his team tacticly. id say arrogant surely.

That's a surprise in the overall scheme.
    When the initial request was made I thought that it was an extension of one year from 2016 to 2017 not 2017 to 2018.

I still don't think it's arrogant to suppose he had his reasons to ask and I'm sure he made his case for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Disappointed to hear this. I cant think of any other county that wouldn't want Harte as manager. I think he has Tyrone punching above their weight and were unlucky against Kerry last year and certainly Mayo this year. It wouldn't have taken much for Tyrone to reach an AI this year or last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear this. I cant think of any other county that wouldn't want Harte as manager. I think he has Tyrone punching above their weight and were unlucky against Kerry last year and certainly Mayo this year. It wouldn't have taken much for Tyrone to reach an AI this year or last.

Really?
    I think there a nice bit off that. I expected more from them this year. They'd have to have beaten one of the top 3 to do that, and I don't think it's in them at the moment, no matter how cute Harte is.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Really?
    I think there a nice bit off that. I expected more from them this year. They'd have to have beaten one of the top 3 to do that, and I don't think it's in them at the moment, no matter how cute Harte is.

Considering we absolutely beat ourselves in the Mayo game with wild kicking I'd certainly say there was a final in us. The same last year against Kerry to a lesser extent.

Considering we absolutely beat ourselves in the Mayo game with wild kicking I'd certainly say there was a final in us. The same last year against Kerry to a lesser extent.

If you had forwards last year that believed ye would have beaten Kerry. Ye scythed through them when ye ran at them.

As for Mayo again as said, wild shooting cost ye a game.

Look tbh I think your deluding yourself slightly there jayop, the semi last year was tyrones level. But I think they went back a nice bit this year imho. As for bonnie? Your a good man to stir it but you should left your comment at "if you had forwards last year". It doesn't matter how much you believe if your not good enough.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Look tbh I think your deluding yourself slightly there jayop, the semi last year was tyrones level. But I think they went back a nice bit this year imho. As for bonnie? Your a good man to stir it but you should left your comment at "if you had forwards last year". It doesn't matter how much you believe if your not good enough.
    i agree that tyrone deffo went backwards this year. i think the longer harte is there to persist with our muck style of play then we will continue to get worse. the gameplan is killin our forwards and the game.

Ya tis hard to argue against him because of what he's done but some change of direction might help. And I'm not a fan of his style of football either.

was our wild kicking not a symptom of poor management? defenders and keeper up shooting with forward tracking back defending. this is our gameplan, cant blame bad luck on it.

Persisting with Morgan was a mistake but a lot of our wide from play were by our forwards. Can't blame Harte for that.

• Advertisement

Persisting with Morgan was a mistake but a lot of our wide from play were by our forwards. Can't blame Harte for that.

we had 4 shots at the end of the game to get an equalizer. mc curry was the only forward to take one. keeper and 2 defenders [mc carron,mc cann] took the others. major gameplan flaw. mickeys fault.

Advertisement