Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Breaking down quickly from the west :(
    THATS NOT WHAT WAS SAID!!!

breaking news Evlyn is doing the forecast \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

blackius wrote: »
    THATS NOT WHAT WAS SAID!!!

breaking news Evlyn is doing the forecast \o/

See what it showed for Friday. Strong south westerly winds. Rain for the west of the country.

Met Eireann forecast was ok, not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

look as regards the republic,the 26 county area nothing was mentioned on country tracks except pointing out the front in the west.

Should I take my location down just to be taken seriously by you, Blackius???
    Others on here have seen the same forecast and have taken the forecast as the Island of Ireland. You haven't isolated them for critisicm. I may be a novice to meteorology but I do know the difference between local and national forecasts!

That was a reasonable forecast and I'll tell you why.
    The irish sea showers will be interesting and intensity can happen.
    The atlantic returning may not happen and if it doesn't,then the only other option is more cold and snow showers from the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

See what it showed for Friday. Strong south westerly winds. Rain for the west of the country.

Met Eireann forecast was ok, not great.

BEASTERLY again she said IF and they were very uncertain your last few posts are misleading, you remind of a chap on netweather Januarysnow storm jumping the gun the whole time.

• Advertisement

Conrach wrote: »
    Should I take my location down just to be taken seriously by you, Blackius???
    Others on here have seen the same forecast and have taken the forecast as the Island of Ireland. You haven't isolated them for critisicm. I may be a novice to meteorology but I do know the difference between local and national forecasts!
    No Conrach,I didn't use the term 26 counties just to be smart.
    I've had the bbc in my house for more than 30 years and saw all the forecasts from them in the 80's spells.

Back then of course they used leave the whole of the 26 county area blank.

Jack Scott though,he was brilliant,he must have had relatives over here because he always made a point of saying and also down in the republic and phrases like that.
    He also always put the symbols on the Republic when the rest of them didn't.

Just to repeat,the country tracks forecast with respect to the rest of Ireland away from NI is only usefull for knowing what is upwind in these situations and the general picture unless big features come along with certainty.
    They still don't show irish sea precip properly unless it is going into wales or NI.

BEASTERLY again she said IF and they were very uncertain your last few posts are misleading, you remind of a chap on netweather Januarysnow storm jumping the gun the whole time.

But it's ok to jump the gun about extreme cold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

No Conrach,I didn't use the term 26 counties just to be smart.
    I've had the bbc in my house for more than 30 years and saw all the forecasts from them in the 80's spells.

Back then of course they used leave the whole of the 26 county area blank.

Jack Scott though,he was brilliant,he must have had relatives over here because he always made a point of saying and also down in the republic and phrases like that.
    He also always put the symbols on the Republic when the rest of them didn't.

We dont pay for the BBC. If it were not for Northern Ire they may not show the Island at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Did I mention anything about extreme cold? nothing is set in stone at the end of the week, It could go either way so lets wait and see:)

no it isn't
    It is ok to keep peoples hopes up though with reasons :)

It's what the market wants here too :D

Customer is always right :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

thomasj wrote: »
    Thanks redsunset

So lets start it off!

Does anyone know of any snow songs that dont relate to christmas? :)

His entire first album, including Informer, is free of Christmas sentiment.

Yahew wrote: »
    We dont pay for the BBC. If it were not for Northern Ire they may not show the Island at all.
    Ach they have changed quite a bit from the olden days.
    They'll put temps on holland these days and for weather front rainfall and shower [except the irish sea ones in my experience for some reason]predictions,their computer generated graphics are indiscriminate of borders.
    They'll still rarely go out of their way to mention the republic unless they want to point out something relevant to the UK weather thats down over us.

Thats them adhering to their remit.

no it isn't
    It is ok to keep peoples hopes up though with reasons :)

It's what the market wants here too :D

Customer is always right :D

Sorry if im winding anybody up. I don't mean to but my nerves are shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Anyone also wanting to follow some banter on facebook click below !

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freezing-Ireland/176235642468043

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Snow is great and all but when you find yourself getting up 2 hours earlier just to clear the drive way and defrost the car it becomes a pain. The novelty of snow quickly wears off. For me anyways. I've actually yet to meet one person that has lived in It and hasn't complained. Kinda like Irish people mentioning the recession. Not directed at you in particular since you have 2 years under your belt. But it irks me a little bit when I read somebody saying they'd never get sick of snow and they would astronomical amounts of snow. If Ireland got that it would be a hell of lot worse than what I grew up with.

Talking to my neighbour last year during the start of December's big freeze he was as happy as i was to see snow at the beginning, but by the 24th he told me he was sick of it. It goes without saying we haven't spoken since :pac:

Seriously though, i'd say you could well be right, if we had similar conditions to what you describe a lot of Irish people would probably tire of snow. Personally though at this stage I wouldn't - i just can't stand mild and damp conditions.

Talking to my neighbour last year during the start of December's big freeze he was as happy as i was to see snow at the beginning, but by the 24th he told me he was sick of it. It goes without saying we haven't spoken since :pac:

Seriously though, i'd say you could well be right, if we had similar conditions to what you describe a lot of Irish people would probably tire of snow. Personally though at this stage I wouldn't - i just can't stand mild and damp conditions.

I'm with you Nacho.

This mild wet muck is doing my head in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

wow.... Possible Siberian Blast (Chat thread) sounds hot (well cold:D)
    ca'man da beast from the east !!!!! :);):eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Can anybody tell me,If we had tempatures say for example of 4 or 5 d and a wind chill -6d.
    would the percipation be likely to fall as rain or snow.would how high up you live have to be taken into account. Hope this is not a stupit question i have been following the forum a long time and am a novice to how weather works thanks

ZX7R wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me,If we had tempatures say for example of 4 or 5 d and a wind chill -6d.
    would the percipation be likely to fall as rain or snow.would how high up you live have to be taken into account. Hope this is not a stupit question i have been following the forum a long time and am a novice to how weather works thanks

AS far as I can tell what we would be looking for is convection off the Irish Sea, the difference in temps between sea and air would cause streamers like we saw last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

t|nt|n wrote: »
    AS far as I can tell what we would be looking for is convection off the Irish Sea, the difference in temps between sea and air would cause streamers like we saw last year

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I think Evelyn summed things up very well in her forecast. A lot of uncertainty towards the end of the week and the charts she put up can be taken with a pinch of salt but overall a good forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Good for snow lovers or snow haters???

Also the snow on the east coast mentioned in the title of the other thread - is that still on?

Still nailing down the details on that one.

Should have a better idea by 16:30 after the next model run :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

Have not looked at any models today but it looks like a downgrade is on the cards me = :mad:

rKossi wrote: »
    Have not looked at any models today but it looks like a downgrade is on the cards me = :mad:

Should ya not look at the models before coming to that conclusion ! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Should ya not look at the models before coming to that conclusion ! :D
    :) ye
    but from reading the model discussion thread thins dont look good

Yeah I know what you mean, its all personal opinion though. Like to check them out for myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Gotta say I never thought this would even be likely..its being so mild.
    If there are no downgrades by Tuesday then I will be a believer.

sub snow for love..same thing really:D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

I think Evelyn summed things up very well in her forecast. A lot of uncertainty towards the end of the week and the charts she put up can be taken with a pinch of salt but overall a good forecast.

salt!? you crazy! salt will get rid of all the snow! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Can't believe I am so eagerly anticipatiing a model run!
    goes off to flip a coin for today's forecast

vs0xu8.jpg

praying-cat22.jpg

Opr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement