Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

rKossi wrote: »
    Does anyone no if wicklow mts go much snow from todays rain or even the mourne mountains up north?.
    Thinking of going up for a bit of skiing next week

Hi
    I went up Sally gap from coast side and a far as kippure at 630am to take some photos. I didn't see any snow at all. it was slinging down rain, fogy patches and temperature ranged from 4 to 5 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Im only doing these vids out till 144hr even at that I have prob gone into FI ;)

ECM 12Z

GFS 12Z

Looks like game over for us in ireland cold wise even vogan does not show cold for ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks like the cold freaks will be happy for 4 maybe 5 days at most, Sunday looks like being double figures (just) for many.

Not necessarily. There could well be an east/west coast divide by sunday. Don't know about double figures! Good chance the cold could re-establish itself around the 6th/7th too. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

What does this mean for the west?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

davidsr20 wrote: »

No real signs of anything cold for the west yet. A shift of a few hundred miles and ye could be in business though, especially if there turns out to be battleground snowfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Looks like game over for us in ireland cold wise even vogan does not show cold for ireland

Can I ask what you are basing this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

davidsr20 wrote: »

means fun in the nissan;):D

kittyn wrote: »

Can I ask what you are basing this on?
    All the models agree now cold does notmake it to ireland also nao supports this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The cold does make it , its breaks down after 120 hrs but it does get here .

What has you thinking it does not ?

Also the NAO is to do with Sea level pressure between Iceland down beyond Ireland.

Positive means there is more than likely a westerly flow , and the atlantic in full flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

NAO and AO are what the ensembles are showing.

They don't steer the weather

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Well personally, if Mark Vogan is saying No, then I think we have a chance. I've been following his forecasts for a few weeks and he has been way off the mark!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Matthew Hugo @MattHugo81 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    The ECM ENS mean is worse than the Det and brings in a milder SW'ly by Friday...looking at the ECM Clusters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

But you are basing this on one run? The models are flipping all the time at the moment and the trend so far is cold ...... Also the cold is with us till 120 anyway and then breaks down and IMO I can see this change again a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Actually all models have cold reaching the east coast by Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

It's either feast or famine here..no half way house with every run taken as gospel! There have been so many changes since Thursday last there will certainly be changes again. As to whether the Atlantic will prevail by the weekend is by no means certain even for professional forecasters.

Also the NAO is to do with Sea level pressure between Iceland down beyond Ireland.

Positive means there is more than likely a westerly flow , and the atlantic in full flow
    Yes i no that hence why i think vEry cold wont reach ireland as nao is far tohigh
    No good having cold for a day be better not having at all esp when even stays very cold

Yes i no that hence why i think vEry cold wont reach ireland as nao is far tohigh
    No good having cold for a day be better not having at all esp when even stays very cold

There is changes on every run of the models , your being gung ho with your analysis of the situation.

Just on the NAO

190442.png

And well the AO is well negative

190443.png

The glass is half full not half empty as you appear to be viewing it.

Some interesting possibilities beyond 264hrs but none of the ECM ENS keep the block in place past Fri...turnaround poss but unlikely.

A friend of mine who lives in Swansea just told me its starting to snow quite hard there. Bit of hope there for us East Coast people :D.

its raining in Bristol.
    shootie wrote: »
    A friend of mine who lives in Swansea just told me its starting to snow quite hard there. Bit of hope there for us East Coast people :D.
    Hey there sleet falling here now was rain and 6 c 2 hours ago now 3 c with sleet

There is changes on every run of the models , your being gung ho with your analysis of the situation.

Just on the NAO

190442.png

And well the AO is well negative

190443.png

The glass is half full not half empty as you appear to be viewing it.
    Ok so whats your views how long do u think it will stay very cold for what temps do u think east will see, on another note the rain here in dublin is now sleet temp has dropped 3 c in 2 hours here north dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Pistolpetes11
    Some interesting possibilities beyond 264hrs but none of the ECM ENS keep the block in place past Fri...turnaround poss but unlikely.
    =====================================================
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:(:(:(

Ah well chins up we still got loads to look forward too. Plenty of cold to come,anything can happen,Could be Hugh breakdown snowfall from all this:D

Ok so whats your views how long do u think it will stay very cold for what temps do u think east will see, on another note the rain here in dublin is now sleet temp has dropped 3 c in 2 hours here north dublin

I dont know TBH , I think it will break on Friday / Saturday but it seems to reload after that .

I will make a firmer decision in the morning when I have seen most of the runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temperature down to 4c in Dublin now.

Snow beginning to fall in Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

I dont know TBH , I think it will break on Friday / Saturday but it seems to reload after that .

I will make a firmer decision in the morning when I have seen most of the runs.

Evelyn will be on after the news, hopefully shell have some good news

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You can already see the easterly effect on the east coast of the UK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

I suspect we could be in for the major snow event of the decade that nearly everyone wishes for.

Looking at the glass "half full" & think of the winter as a whole if you like cold wx enjoy the wk ahead, enjoy the cold that WILL happen...

snow ghost wrote: »
    I suspect we could be in for the major snow event of the decade that nearly everyone wishes for.

And thats based on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Looking at the glass "half full" & think of the winter as a whole if you like cold wx enjoy the wk ahead, enjoy the cold that WILL happen...

Poor Matt, I can imagine hin there shaking with a half empty bottle of whiskey beside him !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

And thats based on ?

I got chills they multiplying. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement