Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Here is the RTÉ farming forecast.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rv60wNWb2Q

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wow this is looking even better than yesterdays 12z! FI should be fun :)

Edit - Ouch run not so great from t126 on.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

12z :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

meh didn't believe the models when they promised snowmageddon and I don't believe the atlantic will smash through that cold either. Still think the truth is somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Met Eireann Outlook >

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will each be very cold a largely dry days with sunny spells. Temperatures will only range from 3 to 6 degrees by day and will fall as low as -5 degrees in places at night. Winds will be mostly light to moderate and east to southeast in direction. Current indication suggest that next weekend will continue very cold with a risk of wintry showers on east and south coasts.

Any change is welcome,I would love to see snow as i have seen none since 2010 but Colder conditions would be a start.
    Otherwise come on the Heat !:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

F***ing Atlantic. P*** off. A lot can change though.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

doccy wrote: »
    meh didn't believe the models when they promised snowmageddon and I don't believe the atlantic will smash through that cold either. Still think the truth is somewhere in between.

This.

It was always going to be a big battle between the two air masses, you couldn't believe the charts past 120hrs when they were promising ultra cold, so why bother getting worked up by these ones now that they've swung the other way.

Still a lot of uncertainty, still a lot of swinging to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Obviously everything past 96hrs is FI but the evolution doesn't look strange in terms of no battle taking place. No battle exists because from my limited understanding without the undercutting the Atlantic comes over the top causing the block to sink.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Just wondering is this the longest that the models have been so all over the place? or was it like this before we got the first freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Sure there was a big down grade in the 06z yesterday as far as i can rember, and in the next run there was a large up grade.... things might be better in the next run...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Chucky Norris

there was a downgrade before yesterdays wonder charts ;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Can anyat body tell me if the 18z charts come out at 4am or what run is at 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

ZX7R wrote: »
    Can anyat body tell me if the 18z charts come out at 4am or what run is at 4am

The 00z charts are at 4am.

The 00z charts are at 4am.
    thanks..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well is it ok to look yet

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=128774

stolen from another site :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=128774

It could be down hill at 120hrs but thats FI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Its cold alrighty :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

*waiting for next model run*

*sick and tired of this incessant rain* (been raining non-stop all day)

*need some cold and snow urgently*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like the cold freaks will be happy for 4 maybe 5 days at most, Sunday looks like being double figures (just) for many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

According to Met Eireann, it will be cold but dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Hi.
    Surely with all the cold to the west and east we should see somthing good happen.:confused:
    i have noticed that to the east there does not seem to be much precipitation about.maybe im reading the charts wrong tho.
    Also on one of the charts for next friday i think,there was what looked like a storm in the atlantic which was buried in the deep blue stuff.maybe nothing but then again i dont understand charts.
    its all lovely moving colours to me and thats how i read them:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks like the cold freaks will be happy for 4 maybe 5 days at most, Sunday looks like being double figures (just) for many.

You are in no postion to be using the word freak with your 70,862posts on an internet forum .I would love some cold dry weather for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Hi.
    Surely with all the cold to the west and east we should see somthing good happen.:confused:
    i have noticed that to the east there does not seem to be much precipitation about.maybe im reading the charts wrong tho.
    Also on one of the charts for next friday i think,there was what looked like a storm in the atlantic which was buried in the deep blue stuff.maybe nothing but then again i dont understand charts.
    its all lovely moving colours to me and thats how i read them:D:)

Not an awful lot of cold out West compared to what's East of us at the moment. There would be frontal precipitation from systems in the atlantic moving eastwards across the country. However, if the winds were moving westward towards us off the continent the cold air would cause showers to form over the irish sea and then push onto eastern coasts and across the country (depending on how heavy they are).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

rainymood.png

Twenty hours non-stop and counting..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

Does anyone no if wicklow mts go much snow from todays rain or even the mourne mountains up north?.
    Thinking of going up for a bit of skiing next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

trogdor wrote: »
    Not an awful lot of cold out West compared to what's East of us at the moment. There would be frontal precipitation from systems in the atlantic moving eastwards across the country. However, if the winds were moving westward towards us off the continent the cold air would cause showers to form over the irish sea and then push onto eastern coasts and across the country (depending on how heavy they are).

Right.
    What do you make of the low system out in the atlantic.id say the probabiliity
    of the atlantic having an effect on us would be greater than what europe has to offer.
    But i know what you are saying also,about frontal precip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

TURRICAN wrote: »
    Right.
    What do you make of the low system out in the atlantic.id say the probabiliity
    of the atlantic having an effect on us would be greater than what europe has to offer.
    But i know what you are saying also,about frontal precip.

There's not a whole lot of point in discussing specific situations right now as the charts are changing so much and everything is so uncertain but usually in a situation like this if there is an atlantic system that begins to push in against the cold eastern air it would likely begin as snow on the leading edge of the front and then after that there are three possible scenarios really:

1. If the atlantic wins out, the front would push on eastwards and would transition back to rain as it does so.

2. If the atlantic and the eastern feed both held firm and created a stalemate of sorts the front could stall somewhere (somewhat similar to todays front which has given the east coast a lot of rain) producing hours and hours of precipitation wherever it stalled with both snow and rain possible depending on the specifics.

3. If the eastern air won out there would be some snow from the front before being pushed westward again and resuming the pattern of wintry showers coming off the irish sea.
    rKossi wrote: »
    Does anyone no if wicklow mts go much snow from todays rain or even the mourne mountains up north?.
    I'd say there's been a fair bit of snow on the wicklow mountains today alright especially the higher parts. Probably some on the mournes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

rKossi wrote: »

Ive been watching the mountain snow closely too. I dont think much would have fallen really. It was about 7degrees for most of today in dublin airport which is too warm for much snow. Maybe lugnaquilla could have some but prob not much. Any rain from now onwards in the mountains should be turning to snow though. So there might still be 4inches there by tomorrow.
    The mournes might be a bit better for snow, they are further east into the cold air.
    The welsh mountains look like they got a severe amount of snow though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement