Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Koran Quotes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I think it's pretty scandalous that religious thought could produce someone so lacking in mental faculties tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Lol so wear it if you could.
    Do you know who you arguing against, a boy and you are struggling
    So if you had a debate with a full educated man imagine what would happen then :confused:

A full educated man wouldn't do as terrible a job as you of avoiding the question. Whys is that Islam treats women less than men? You were defending it, so defend it!
    IN Christianity it is forbidden for gays to marry or else they burn in hell
    But they marry???
    And they still are Christians

Well, most christians doctrine would say they aren't christian. Your example is just one of many many reasons that we see so much a-la-carte christianity. People picking and choosing what they like, despite the religion itself not actually allowing for that. They can do this now because christianity has lost most of the kind of power that islam still has in a lot of countries.
    In islam is the same women are told to cover them self and they can not but they are strong and demolish the sinful acts from the devil

In many islamic cultures, said women will be indoctrinated to cover up from a very young age, with the threat of punishment, both in the afterlife and from their authority figures. If covering up, to the extent of hijab, was a freely chosen act that simply served to make women feel clean and dignified, you would see non-islamic women do on a similar scale to islamic women. But we don't. It's almost entirely from religion that we see such an sexually unequal over-reaction to people expressing their physical selves, and its from islam that we it to such an extreme extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Slaughterhouses are full of animals that can see/hear/smell what's going on, and they get STRESSED. Halal butchering is supposed to be done out of the sight/hearing of the other animals, so as not to needlessly terrify them before it's their turn.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100513083252AAOyPVK
    I am quoting because of his highness Mark Hamill :L

I am a vegetarian :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Wow Wow Wow
    Look's like i had this place in control now look what happened !!!!
    Lol I better stay out of this one
    Ye may continue ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

"Man City 10" and "Murphj7" -

I've just moved all of your recent uninformative posts (I think) into this thread to avoid other useful threads being clogged up with nonsense. Any more similarly uninformative posts will be moved here too, unless it gets to the point of silliness -- it may well have reached it already -- at which point cards + bans will be scattered about the place as and when the forum mods deem fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

Sahih Bukhari 7:62:88
    Narrated 'Ursa: The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Hi mods, can't past pg 21 of this thread...I think this might be similiar to the problem ninja had..?

Sahih Bukhari 5:58:236
    Narrated Hisham's father: Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari 6:60:132
    Narrated Aisha: ...Abu Bakr came to me and hit me violently on the chest...

Sahih Bukhari 7:62:64
    Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari 7:62:65
    Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari 7:62:88
    Narrated 'Ursa: The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Sahih Bukhari 8:82:828
    Abu Bakr struck Aisha
    Narrated Aisha: Abu Bakr came to towards me and struck me violently with his fist and said, "You have detained the people because of your necklace." But I remained motionless as if I was dead lest I should awake Allah's Apostle although that hit was very painful.

---

Violence and pedophilia! Your thoughts 'Man City 10'?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

More nonsense (and replies) deleted - last chance Man City.

Also, I think the thread is fully accessible again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Dades wrote: »
    More nonsense (and replies) deleted - last chance Man City.

Also, I think the thread is fully accessible again.

It is accessible again, thanks mods. Though now I wonder if I was happier when I couldn't read it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thank Boards' Danny and the Hamsters of Destiny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Dades wrote: »
    Thank Boards' Danny and the Hamsters of Destiny. :)

I thought I saw that name very briefly here yesterday .

Find attached, compilations of shocking hadith + quran quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Right, someone has obviously let the loons at the mod's stash of blow. And I won't rest till I find out who is responsible :P

The compilations of quotes I posted recently as text files mostly contained quotes from my previous posts in this thread. This was intended to make it easier for people to catch up and read all of the quotes.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

This seems appropriate now:

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.[5:8]

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

I always find it weird that a lot of Atheists are actually obsessed with Religion.

Buzz84 wrote: »
    I always find it weird that a lot of Atheists are actually obsessed with Religion.

Eh, no.

Once the religious stop swinging their nutsacks in our faces, we'll stop punching them in said nutsacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

How is it weird?

If large portions of the country believed homoeopathy was true and tried to impose it on all of us and 90% of our national schools taught it as true then even though I wouldn't believe in homoeopathy I'd be a lil obsessed with it.

DB21 wrote: »
    Once the religious stop swinging their nutsacks in our faces, we'll stop punching them in said nutsacks.
    Would be fairer to say that once the religious stop swinging their nutsacks in our faces, we'll stop asking them to keep their nutsacks to themselves.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Would be fairer to say that once the religious stop swinging their nutsacks in our faces, we'll stop asking them to keep their nutsacks to themselves.

That works too.

Though it wouldn't be the first time we've had to ask catholics to keep their nutsacks to themselves :pac:

(I apologise if that joke offends anyone.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

This seems appropriate now:

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.[5:8]

Yeah - it seems very appropriate that you are asked to 'fear' your God. That's not maniacal at all.

DB21 wrote: »
    Eh, no.

I dont think anyone cares.
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    How is it weird?

If large portions of the country believed homoeopathy was true and tried to impose it on all of us and 90% of our national schools taught it as true then even though I wouldn't believe in homoeopathy I'd be a lil obsessed with it.

Yeah but they don't. Who's trying to impose religion on you? Being obsessed with something you don't believe in isn't healthy. Its pretty sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Who's trying to impose religion on you?

Um, the Roman Catholic Church?

Um, the Roman Catholic Church?

They are actually imposing on you by what means?

Is someone dragging you down to mass every Sunday and holding a gun to your head to say the Rosary.

I'm not a Catholic and nobody is imposing it on me.

Is someone dragging you down to mass every Sunday and holding a gun to your head to say the Rosary.

Church run schools (where religion/creation myth is a mandatory subject at primary level), laws influenced by the church (no alcohol can be sold on certain days, etc.). Stuff like that is an imposition on those of us who couldn't give a flying fuck about your invisible friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Well are you a parent? Or a woman? Or gay?

There are lots of ways in which the Catholic church continues to attempt to impose its beliefs on others.

Parents who have no religion are still forced to send their children to schools run by the Catholic church where catholicism is integrated into the curriculum and taught as fact.

Gay people still can't get married in this country and have the same legal rights as other married couples because of lobbying by the church and other christian groups.

Women in Ireland are faced with a battle with the Catholic church over their reproductive rights. The catholic church seeks to have them become a brood mare for the state with its views on abortion.

Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean that there isn't ample evidence for this imposition. That's what we call the argument from privilege which is really just a more refined version of the argument from ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

ShooterSF wrote: »
    How is it weird?
    I'd say in that the response from atheists so often parrots the irrational and laziness of those that the profess to oppose. Something that this thread demonstrates: cutting select quotes from a religious text, regardless of context, does not a critique make

It may be that everyone who's posted quotes in this thread is actually well-versed in the history, technicalities and application of Islamic law or dogma but I doubt that. It's far more likely that most posters know nothing about Islam or its texts, save the out of context quotes gleaned from the internet, and are criticising out of complete ignorance

And that's where the great irony comes from: very few people obsess over religious texts/passages like atheists. In doing so they reduce religion to a single book and take that as (pun intended) holy scripture. A lot of people in this thread are simply following in the footsteps of fundamentalists and missing out on both the context and the several millennia of subsequent works

So if someone's critique of Islam, or any religion, is based primarily on "Well, your holy book says X" then please don't call yourself an atheist; you'll just embarrass the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Story of how the RCC in England and Wales demand teachers in (public faith) schools only have relationships that the church approves of.
    The Catholic Church in England and Wales has issued a new booklet warning teachers and governors at Catholic schools that they risk dismissal if they enter a relationship that is not approved by the Church.

Source

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement