Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Koran Quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

ninja900 wrote: »
    As a parent myself, that's rather offensive, don't you think?
    We might have to start getting all militant atheist on yo ass. ;)

Whats offensive. Having atheist run schools would be horendous. They are lost souls. Kids need guidance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Murphj7 wrote: »
    Whats offensive. Having atheist run schools would be horendous. They are lost souls. Kids need guidance

Indeed. Nothing like an organisation that covered up the rape of children to provide guidance for our children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Worztron wrote: »
    We drowned those who denied Our revelations.

These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those who deny (their Lord), - for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.

Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness, with the (Qur'an).

What have you got against the Islamic Religion and people?

And punishment meated out to those who done it a tiny minority of people. Yey live in a small bubble, the church has done a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

And punishment meated out to those who done it a tiny minority of people. Yey live in a small bubble, the church has done a great job

Quite apart from the scandal of the rape of children and its subsequent cover-up, the catholic church has had a dramatic negative impact on the rights of women, atheists, members of the lgbt community and basically anyone who didn't agree with their mysoginistic bull****. Around the world they have been responsible for the rise of AIDS in Africa because of their policy on contraception and the suppression of gay rights, reproductive rights and been generally hostile to any concept of social progress in the world.

So how exactly have they done a great job?

• Advertisement

Not in educating people if your lack of basic literacy skills is any indication.

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Quite apart from the scandal of the rape of children and its subsequent cover-up, the catholic church has had a dramatic negative impact on the rights of women, atheists, members of the lgbt community and basically anyone who didn't agree with their mysoginistic bull****. Around the world they have been responsible for the rise of AIDS in Africa because of their policy on contraception and the suppression of gay rights, reproductive rights and been generally hostile to any concept of social progress in the world.

So how exactly have they done a great job?

Blame them for the recession too. Your probably bitter because you were rejected. Thank god for the church

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Not in educating people if your lack of basic literacy skills is any indication.

Your own literacy skills are shocking. God can still save you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

fontdor wrote: »

At a guess I'd say some of the passages in their religious book?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

ShooterSF wrote: »
    At a guess I'd say some of the passages in their religious book?

Well no offence to anyone but Probably in the Bible it says things similar but in different ways.

• Advertisement

Your own literacy skills are shocking. God can still save you

Ah - you have suddenly discovered the full stop. Oh, well done. There may be hope for you yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well no offence to anyone but Probably in the Bible it says things similar but in different ways.

That's why there's also a bible thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

And the OP has a thread full of similar quotes from the bible too. We treat all religions equal here :)

Blame them for the recession too. Your probably bitter because you were rejected. Thank god for the church

I would blame them for the recession if they had been responsible for it. As it stands however, I'd rather just stick to the things that they have been responsible for.

Bitter? No. Irritated? Maybe. It irritates me that a group like the catholic church have had such a negative impact on society and human civilisation driven by a mythology which is not supported by any reason or evidence. To put it in terms you can understand, as Rod Flanders would say, lies make baby Jesus cry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Lets make one about charles darwin :P:P:P:P:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Lets make one about charles darwin :P:P:P:P:P

Go on then

I thought you were off studying til wednesday - I guess noz' rule is true as always

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's the Islamic religion that people have a problem with and not the people. There's a very big difference.

It's also worth reminding you that there is exists a "Shocking X Quotes" thread for several other religions in here.

Christianity gets quite a kicking and it wouldn't really be fair to neglect Islam. As religions go, its holy book is full to the brim with violent and backwards statements that have little place in the modern world.

By compiling these quotes, we can see fairly quickly that the fictional god that was created by the middle-eastern religions is, for want of a better word, an arse-hole. They show that phrases like "peaceful religion" and "loving god" are clearly nonsense.

They also provide fodder for discussion and that's what people like to do on boards.ie.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Go on then

I thought you were off studying til wednesday - I guess noz' rule is true as always

You do know i was being sarcastic DUH!!!!!
    I could but cannot be bothered and if you think i am a coward then i will be happily to make it at wednesday
    Yes I was studying but that does not mean studying 24 hours every second every minute does it know ???
    Am i not entitled to a break :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You do know i was being sarcastic DUH!!!!!
    I could but cannot be bothered and if you think i am a coward then i will be happily to make it at wednesday
    Yes I was studying but that does not mean studying 24 hours every second every minute does it know ???
    Am i not entitled to a break :confused::confused:
    Does the Koran allow breaks?

lazygal wrote: »
    Does the Koran allow breaks?

Yeah I am sure it does
    Does Charles Darwin allow people to become so cheeky :P:P:pac::pac::D:D

• Advertisement

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue
    I am removing myself from this thread,
    And advise you should too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Yeah I am sure it does
    Does Charles Darwin allow people to become so cheeky :P:P:pac::pac::D:D
    Ah he's cool with it. I have a highly evolved sense of humour.

lazygal wrote: »
    Ah he's cool with it. I have a highly evolved sense of humour.

Lol right atcha
    :cool:

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    I would blame them for the recession if they had been responsible for it. As it stands however, I'd rather just stick to the things that they have been responsible for.

Bitter? No. Irritated? Maybe. It irritates me that a group like the catholic church have had such a negative impact on society and human civilisation driven by a mythology which is not supported by any reason or evidence. To put it in terms you can understand, as Rod Flanders would say, lies make baby Jesus cry.

In the whole the catholic church has been positive for this country. Stepped in when this country needed education. Now the Labor Party think they can do better, thank god we will alway have religious schools

(finger)
    (mooning)
    Lol anyone on skype should try this on IM

In the whole the catholic church has been positive for this country. Stepped in when this country needed education. Now the Labor Party think they can do better, thank god we will alway have religious schools

Teaching people stories with no basis in fact is not education.

By the way how do you get more stars on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Worztron wrote: »
    People who broke the Sabbath were turned into apes:
    Qur'an 2:65
    "And you know well the story of those among you who broke Sabbath. We said to them: "Be apes—despised and hated by all. Thus We made their end a warning to the people of their time and succeeding generation, and an admonition for God-fearing people."

Look, I'd keep the flipping Sabbath if I knew when it was. Muslims say Friday, Jews say Saturday and Christians say Sunday. If it doesn't matter when it is then I pick Monday. Perhaps we should keep all the other Sabbaths too, just in case. Can't work Friday-Monday, boss, it's the Sabbaths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue
    I am removing myself from this thread,
    And advise you should too

The metre is all wrong. That is a terrible poem. How about:

There was a young godling called Allah
    Who spread mistruth from Turkey to Tallaght
    Until one day he said
    "I'll go Buddhist instead!"
    And now he resides in Shambhala.

• Advertisement