Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Koran Quotes

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

By the way which spastic started this thread
    I mean why would you want to start a thread and speak ill of a religion just because their are thread's that speak bad about other religions
    I am outa here holla!!!
    If ye need me to filll yer heads with knowledge
    give me a shout

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

If ye need me to filll yer heads with knowledge give me a shout
    I think that's quite unlikely to happen.
    I am outa here holla!!!
    Bye. It's been fun watching you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why do women go with shorts and short tops so they can show off their body parts is in that right I mean why would any female go out in public half naked just for the craic

....because it was hot...?

[...] why would any female go out in public half naked [...] just for the craic
    Just noticed this one.

<giggles>

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

Give me one fact to prove OUR LORD isnt true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Murphj7 wrote: »

What do you mean? One fact to show Jesus isn't God or one fact to show God doesn't exist or one fact to show the bible isn't true? Which one do you want?

robindch wrote: »
    I think that's quite unlikely to happen.Bye. It's been fun watching you!

Cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Who said they cannot?
    I''ll answer your question to an every-day life issue
    Your father/cousin/brother(any male)went out with shorts and a sleeveless shirt it be considered okay won't it?
    Your mother/cousin/sister(any female)went out with shorts and a sleeveless short it will not be considered okay especially in Islam
    Because tell me why do men go out with sleeveless shirt because they want to show their muscles
    Why do women go with shorts and short tops so they can show off their body parts is in that right I mean why would any female go out in public half naked just for the craic
    NIL!!

So why is it ok for guys to go out in sleeveless shirts showing off their muscles, debasing themselves as mere objects for sexual lust from horny women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I don't think he knows what he wants. Poor little guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You guys are bitter because the only you is from a guy in a wheel chair talking about a black hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Give me one fact to prove that we aren't all actually hooked up to computers and experiencing a simulated test; A test to see if we can rationally and logically reject unverifiable superstitious claims, if we fail the test our real bodies are destroyed and if we succeed we are allowed into the real world?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    So why is it ok for guys to go out in sleeveless shirts showing off their muscles,asing themselves as mere objects for sexual lust from horny women?

i dont know go ask the guys who do it. why asking me
    but from what i can tel' where have you seen a guy go out like that who is a muslm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Well, speaking for myself, I do not have any proof that there is no god. However, I consider it highly unlikely that there is a god, and I certainly profess no belief. That's why I describe myself as an agnostic atheist. If you want to prove that OUR LORD is 'true' (whatever that means), go right ahead. It might be a good idea to look through some of the other threads on A&A before you do, though, as most 'proofs' have been dealt with before. You'd be doing yourself - and everyone else - a massive favour if you did.

The Qur'an is a compilation of the statement, revelations from Allah, that Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) revealed to his adherents-followers,whereby his followers wrote in parchments of animal skins that later comprised the Holy Qur'an. In addition, the Prophet's own instructions called the Sunnahs and along with the eyewitness accounts-called Hadiths comprised with the Qur'an some compiled into specific book of Hadiths, in consonance to the Qur'an. The actual revelations from Allah are in itself the life-ways for man, even the means of approach to Allah in Prayers are prescribed in it from Allah through Prophet Mohammad. The Prophet was unlettered and never had education through human instructions and he neither read nor write. It is said that if man and angels were to help each other in compiling a book the like of the Qur'an, they could not even finish one Chapter. In as much, the Holy Qur'an consist of Ten Chapters from the sayings of the Prophet. The Qur'an was compiled during the lifetime of the Prophet 500 years after the death of Jesus, while the Christian Bible was compiled a year after 632AD or 600 years after the death of Jesus. Compiled by people who never knew or saw Jesus.

Hi Man City 10, how did you get on with your atheism project? I must say, you've really improved your writing, well done! ;)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_was_the_Quran_created

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Worztron

Quran 9:28, "Repentance,"
    Believers, know that the idolaters [non-Muslims] are unclean. Let them not approach the Sacred Mosque after this year is ended.

9:28 O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.
    9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.
    9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

This widely known verse orders Muslims to fight non-Muslims simply because they do not believe in the same God that Muslims do:
    Qur'an 9:29
    "Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Deadwood only went to Series 3, Rome to Series 2, yet Glee is on Series 4.

Nodin wrote: »
    Deadwood only went to Series 3, Rome to Series 2, yet Glee is on Series 4.

Boxed set of Deadwood sitting by the DVD player waiting for the Chinese New Year holidays. But why oh why only two seasons of Rome? I thought HBO loved us and wanted us to be happy....

pauldla wrote: »
    But why oh why only two seasons of Rome? I thought HBO loved us and wanted us to be happy....
    God listen'd and answered your prayers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borgias_(2011_TV_series)

robindch wrote: »
    God listen'd and answered your prayers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borgias_(2011_TV_series)

Added to the wishlist, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Give me one fact to prove that we aren't all actually hooked up to computers and experiencing a simulated test; A test to see if we can rationally and logically reject unverifiable superstitious claims, if we fail the test our real bodies are destroyed and if we succeed we are allowed into the real world?

What a poor response. Im off to mass to pray for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Obvious WUM is obvious, but funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

You go ask any muslim women and ask is he happy wearing the hijaab and she will answer yes, she will want her self to wear it because it makes her look clean.
    Is it bad to look clean?.

Bit of an assumption there, I would think. Most would say they wear it because of religious obligation. They might mean this in a positive way, its what Allah wants and they are happy to satisfy him, but I've never heard anyone say it makes them feel clean.
    In school people are thought not to cheat and that crap, and that cheat is forbidden and if caught in an exam can get you in serious trouble but people do it don't they not?,they break rules, as they wish?
    So in Islam is the same it is a choice and women break the choice and it's upto God to make decision I cannot you cannot say anything

But if the choice is compromised, its not exactly free is it? The punishment for cheating in school is relatively small (extra homework, detention etc.) the punishment for disobeying god is torture in hell. If the punishment for cheating in schools was kneecapping, no-one would cheat.

It is an hadith and in the Quran shall i give you reference ??

No thanks, the simple fact that it comes from the quran is enough. Its odd that you accept that the prophet was completely illiterate simply because he wrote that he was. Is it impossible that he simply learned to read and write in the same way as any else back then? He was a merchants son, who travelled on a fairly busy merchants route in the Middle East, he would have had plenty of opportunity to do so.

Who said they cannot?

The quran. If you break hijab (hijab is the whole sphere of religious obligation for modesty) then you are disobeying allah.
    Your father/cousin/brother(any male)went out with shorts and a sleeveless shirt it be considered okay won't it?
    Your mother/cousin/sister(any female)went out with shorts and a sleeveless short it will not be considered okay especially in Islam
    Because tell me why do men go out with sleeveless shirt because they want to show their muscles
    NIL!!

Maybe the women go out dressed like that for the same reason as the men, to show off the body parts they are proud of. You say women wouldn't want to do this, but we can see western women do this on any day the weather is hot enough to do it. And if women didn't really want to do this, then there would not be specific rules against it in the quran, as there would not need to be rules against something no-one does.

So why is it that men can do this but women cant?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What a poor response. Im off to mass to pray for you

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

pauldla wrote: »
    Hi Man City 10, how did you get on with your atheism project? I must say, you've really improved your writing, well done! ;)

http://wiki.answers.com/
    /How_was_the_Quran_created

thanks i try my best.
    i just could be bothered to poat all that as i was on my phobe so decided to copy and paste .abiut ny project it actually went really good i got 75%

ong why is it always me who has to bring sense into people.
    ill answer all your question this evening;so pkease be patient

Bit of an assumption there, I would think. Most would say they wear it because of religious obligation. They might mean this in a positive way, its what Allah wants and they are happy to satisfy him, but I've never heard anyone say it makes them feel clean.

But if the choice is compromised, its not exactly free is it? The punishment for cheating in school is relatively small (extra homework, detention etc.) the punishment for disobeying god is torture in hell. If the punishment for cheating in schools was kneecapping, no-one would cheat.

ok places in west e.g saudi arabia.
    if you steal or drink you get beheaded,but a small minority take the risk
    when the dead penalty was still going for crimes people committed crime did they not?
    but you seem a cool guy not like the others you understand what i say and do not ask the same qs. over again.

The quran. If you break hijab (hijab is the whole sphere of religious obligation for modesty) then you are disobeying allah.

Maybe the women go out dressed like that for the same reason as the men, to show off the body parts they are proud of. You say women wouldn't want to do this, but we can see western women do this on any day the weather is hot enough to do it. And if women didn't really want to do this, then there would not be specific rules against it in the quran, as there would not need to be rules against something no-one does.

So why is it that men can do this but women cant?
    ok 1st thing)where the hell did you see an islamic women go out with summer clothing in a hot day.
    2nd)why is it men can wear condoms women cant?
    why is it women can wear bras and men cant?

• Advertisement

thanks i try my best.
    i just could be bothered to poat all that as i was on my phobe so decided to copy and paste .abiut ny project it actually went really good i got 75%

That's pretty good! Keep up the good work, and best of luck with your studies. :)

Advertisement