Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

royaler83 wrote: »
    Id say larry is quaking in his boots alright :rolleyes:
    Boners were on time and a half today (sat) in nena

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

blue5000 wrote: »

That's what we like to hear, at least it's costing them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

That's interesting.
    Was it just the pre Christmas push I wonder? Or are they genuinely fearful of being blockaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

That may be so but why not have them on time and a half during the summer, protesting just as lads are trying to get animals away off grass was a bit silly, IFA doing what suits them, not the men they're representing, zero foresight on their part.

Bulls cut to sh*&e last spring, not a peep, horsemeat scandal, not a peep, the farcical 30 month age limit carrying on for years, not a peep, weight limits brought in at the drop of a hat when cattle got plentiful, not a peep, cattle about to get scarce and naturally prices about to rise, protest protest protest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

tatoo wrote: »
    What side of the country is that in ?

Young heifers 2year olds noprobs
    Of they were older a little stickier
    Bullacks were sticker too

Think their is a little fear out their wheather it blockade or cattle will dry up for a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

rangler1 wrote: »
    That's what we like to hear, at least it's costing them

Yeah they had to pay close to €13 per hour today. Profits will be well down this year :)

That may be so but why not have them on time and a half during the summer, protesting just as lads are trying to get animals away off grass was a bit silly, IFA doing what suits them, not the men they're representing, zero foresight on their part.

Bulls cut to sh*&e last spring, not a peep, horsemeat scandal, not a peep, the farcical 30 month age limit carrying on for years, not a peep, weight limits brought in at the drop of a hat when cattle got plentiful, not a peep, cattle about to get scarce and naturally prices about to rise, protest protest protest

No one wanted a protest last spring, we did one and it wasn't supported.
    Every time we tried to meet the factories they lowered the weights and price. Buyers set the age limit and you see here the whingeing about supermarket protests.
    We'll do protests when we get the support and it seems to have support now.
    I don't bother much about beef price, but it's fairly obvious when very few turn up at a protest that you needn't bother any more until farmers are actively looking for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Dawn killing an extra few hours a day at the moment to. Killing 480 a day at the moment and 400 was a savage day befoure. They are not keen on pushing prices but are keen for beef. Might get interesting befoure Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Every time we tried to meet the factories they lowered the weights and price. Buyers set the age limit and you see here the whingeing about supermarket protests.
    I don't bother much about beef price, but it's fairly obvious when very few turn up at a protest that you needn't bother any more until farmers are actively looking for it

Well from what i can gather alot of lads including myself are livid with the ifa for doing nothing all summer.
    Rangler, try talking to beef farmers that are not staunch ifa men and you'l get a different reaction. Trying to close the barn door 6months after the horse was bolting right in front of their eyes, is how one lad described it

Well from what i can gather alot of lads including myself are livid with the ifa for doing nothing all summer.
    Rangler, try talking to beef farmers that are not staunch ifa men and you'l get a different reaction. Trying to close the barn door 6months after the horse was bolting right in front of their eyes, is how one lad described it

Even in Castlerea, (and that was a hot hot meeting in Sept) Those that had cattle to sell, no way did they want the factories blocked.
    Any way it doesn't improve any thing as you see.

Those beef farmers were a bit scarce at the protests btw....even the one in Feb

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

what will the base price be for the 2nd week of january do ye think lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

primary 2 wrote: »
    what will the base price be for the 2nd week of january do ye think lads?

Very hard to say but 4.05 at a guess.

TUBBY wrote: »
    i thought that myself,i reckon 4.20 to 4.25 may be got by the 1st week of feburary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Rangler ffs will you please for once get realistic about the "protest" in the Spring. As I have posted previously regular/normal IFA members were not made aware of same in advance. TBH it was a token effort by IFA as they were afraid to upset the apple cart.
    Unfortunately my laptop is broken and I can only reply via my phone, therefore a short response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

TUBBY wrote: »
    primary 2 wrote: »
    i thought that myself,i reckon 4.20 to 4.25 may be got by the 1st week of feburary

If it is 4.05 2nd week in jan it is unlikely to be 4.20-4.25/kg. At that stage cattle will be starting to really come out of sheds and dairy farmers that finish as well will be wanting to get rid of same to lighten workload. We have 2 more kill weeks before the processors slow down for the white meat over Christmas.

It will be 16-18 before demand rises again. I taught earlier in the year that the kill this winter would slacken a bit, but I do not think so. Too many lads trying to make money on the back of a preceived shortage. I think kill will remain quite strong for the early part of the year before the reduction in cattle numbers hits.

4/kg after Christmas rising to 4.2 late January but dropping back to 4/kg for Feb and March. Lot of sad finishers about. Price climbs from mid April on as numbers drop fast. Cattle prices to be stronger at end of year than at the start of 2015.

By the way this is only a guessing game.

If it is 4.05 2nd week in jan it is unlikely to be 4.20-4.25/kg. At that stage cattle will be starting to really come out of sheds and dairy farmers that finish as well will be wanting to get rid of same to lighten workload. We have 2 more kill weeks before the processors slow down for the white meat over Christmas.

It will be 16-18 before demand rises again. I taught earlier in the year that the kill this winter would slacken a bit, but I do not think so. Too many lads trying to make money on the back of a preceived shortage. I think kill will remain quite strong for the early part of the year before the reduction in cattle numbers hits.

4/kg after Christmas rising to 4.2 late January but dropping back to 4/kg for Feb and March. Lot of sad finishers about. Price climbs from mid April on as numbers drop fast. Cattle prices to be stronger at end of year than at the start of 2015.

By the way this is only a guessing game.
    What does the crystal ball say for bulls in may-June?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Cavanjack wrote: »
    What does the crystal ball say for bulls in may-June?

My own opinion is that from April on they will kill Goats, donkeys, cats dogs what ever they can get. They have a history of it you know. Watch the kill figure's from Jan on. we have 3K/weeks less cattle next year and maybe more becaue the kill thsi year is 25K ahead of target.

My own opinion is that from April on they will kill Goats, donkeys, cats dogs what ever they can get. They have a history of it you know. Watch the kill figure's from Jan on. we have 3K/weeks less cattle next year and maybe more becaue the kill thsi year is 25K ahead of target.

Oh thank god they are not going to go down the horse route again :)
    Yeah was of the same opinion myself. Specs will be out the window. €4.50 is the target so. This time next year Rodney !

i would say more than 3k as there a lot of 2013 cattle being killed now.

anyone have prices for this week?what do ye think the base price will peak at this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

€3.80 for bullocks next week in Abp Rathkeale with another 40c on the AAA angus scheme with another 12c for bord via...
    11 bullocks going, home bred May & June '13 angus out of a mix, 500 kgs of meal over their lifetime.
    Should be grading R- & R= with fat score of 3+ and an average weight of 290kgs....

locky76 wrote: »
    €3.80 for bullocks next week in Abp Rathkeale with another 40c on the AAA angus scheme with another 12c for bord via...
    11 bullocks going, home bred May & June '13 angus out of a mix, 500 kgs of meal over their lifetime.
    Should be grading R- & R= with fat score of 3+ and an average weight of 290kgs....

when you add in all your extras for the angus scheme and the bord bia it will amount to a good price

Base price wrote: »
    Rangler ffs will you please for once get realistic about the "protest" in the Spring. As I have posted previously regular/normal IFA members were not made aware of same in advance. TBH it was a token effort by IFA as they were afraid to upset the apple cart.
    Unfortunately my laptop is broken and I can only reply via my phone, therefore a short response.

Large beef meeting here a few days before Clonee , over 150 texts, plus my own texts sent out, your argument doesn't apply here.
    Can you not at least admit that we saved you a substantial amount by minimising the cuts in your SFP or were you feeding all heifers in the reference years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Which will bring a perceived endend to the beef crisis. Basic principle of supply and demand ultimately applies, not anything that comes out of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

locky76 wrote: »

Is there a similar bonus there for Herefords or Hereford X ?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

Overage heifers €3.80 on the grid in Kilbeggan tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Ya more or less the same as aa,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Ya more or less the same as aa,

What's the story with registering for it then?
    Will be killing some hex and aax next year.

No Hereford are generally 15c extra rather than 40. That's a special scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

€3.85 for bullocks 3.90 for heifers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement