Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Good loser

€3.70 the base for u/a in Cahir this week and €3.60 for o/a.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

Got a base of €3.70 for bullocks under 30 mths in Dawn in Grannagh last Monday, would have been overage next Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

There's a move on at the minute, factories ringing around looking for cattle.
    Quoted 3.50 for Os bulls.

Anyone hear a price for Os

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

I noticed from the Dept price app that the steer price at one factory fell last week lower than its been for last 4 weeks (R3grade). factory based NE way.
    wonder if mix of QA and non QA is distorting the figures, what I mean is, if they pay bonus on 10% of cattle this week and 20% of cattle next week, will the app report a price rise for steers, and equally a price drop if QA % falls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Nettleman wrote: »
    I noticed from the Dept price app that the steer price at one factory fell last week lower than its been for last 4 weeks (R3grade). factory based NE way.
    wonder if mix of QA and non QA is distorting the figures, what I mean is, if they pay bonus on 10% of cattle this week and 20% of cattle next week, will the app report a price rise for steers, and equally a price drop if QA % falls?
    if that's happening it could be used to distort quote prices ,as if they haven't ammo enough,no pun intended, but then ive just remember he is minister for tanks :eek: and tractors

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

There's a move on at the minute, factories ringing around looking for cattle.
    Quoted 3.50 for Os bulls.

Anyone hear a price for Os

Trying to fill up for next Monday and Tuesday would be my guess.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Is there QA bonus for cows?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FYM

just do it wrote: »

no - well not for us farmers. however the factory sell the carcase as quality assured.

great system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

just do it wrote: »

ive heard dawn in waterford give a 4c bonus on anything better than a p+3 cow and probably the 70 days in herd, anyone know how true this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

simx wrote: »
    ive heard dawn in waterford give a 4c bonus on anything better than a p+3 cow and probably the 70 days in herd, anyone know how true this is?

Correct - but its 5 c/kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

An iidea what heifers are making in the factory... have a few AA nearly fit

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

davidk1394 wrote: »
    An iidea what heifers are making in the factory... have a few AA nearly fit

3.80 and get 13 bonus for aa ifor ya ring angus group.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Any quotes for bullocks next week lads ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Just got a text from IFA steers base 3.80 - 3.85 for next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Just got a text from IFA steers base 3.80 -3.85 for next week.

I wonder will they give that for an overage bullock ( 31 months ), I've a couple of lads hitting their birthdays so I'll try for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭amacca

tatoo wrote: »
    I wonder will they give that for an overage bullock ( 31 months ), I've a couple of lads hitting their birthdays so I'll try for it anyway.

I thought 36 months was the new agreed age?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Hershall

restive wrote: »
    Just got a text from IFA steers base 3.80 -3.85 for next week.

Any factory quotes? ?

amacca wrote: »
    I thought 36 months was the new agreed age?

I think that's only in the pipeline, going by an email I got from the ICSA, they are going to speak to customers abroad to see how they feel about extending the 30 to 36 AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭amacca

tatoo wrote: »
    I think that's only in the pipeline, going by an email I got from the ICSA, they are going to speak to customers abroad to see how they feel about extending the 30 to 36 AFAIK.

Oh…I thought the whole 30month age limit was purely another lever invented by processors to drive down prices….mcdonalds etc had no requirement for sub 30 month meat as I understood it + any export stuff on the hoof would be going much younger as a matter of course anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭mf240

amacca wrote: »
    Oh…I thought the whole 30month age limit was purely another lever invented by processors to drive down prices….mcdonalds etc had no requirement for sub 30 month meat as I understood it + any export stuff on the hoof would be going much younger as a matter of course anyway?

It was invented . But they have to make a song and dance about removing it or theyvwould be showing their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

mf240 wrote: »
    It was invented . But they have to make a song and dance about removing it or theyvwould be showing their hand.

some of the offal such as brains guts etc are used in cosmetics and under 30 month animals are free of the risky diseases that can be transferred

so in other words they cannot sell the offal from a 3 year old bullock to make the product that goes into your wife's skin cream and makeup!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Anyone killing cattle next week and got a quote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Willfarman wrote: »
    Anyone killing cattle next week and got a quote?

I know we definitely have them wondering what's going to happen next. they know they won't get the same warning as before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

390 heifers 380 bullocks best to be got here
    I can also get 5 cent less in another plant neither over anxious for cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

3.80 for underage bullocks quoted for Monday.
    going Monday week. it is going to go 5c a week i would imagine for few weeks to flush out cattle so not panicking as all 2013 cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭epfff

epfff wrote: »

Read situatiation wrong
    Geting 385=under and over bullacks monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Robson99

Is he 3.90 for heifers easily got??

Read situatiation wrong
    Geting 385=under and over bullacks monday

What side of the country is that in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

rangler1 wrote: »
    I know we definitely have them wondering what's going to happen next. they know they won't get the same warning as before

Id say larry is quaking in his boots alright :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement