Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

simx wrote: »
    youd be tightening things giving 1.50/kg, suppose it depends on the cow but theyd want to be decent r grade cows

Good cows allright but a bit of a row between a few buyers I think no you'll have this one and I'll get that one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Good cows allright but a bit of a row between a few buyers I think no you'll have this one and I'll get that one yesterday.

very few cows ready to kill immeadiatly or in following week rarely any value, the one that has a bit of cover and needs to maybe 5/6 weeks can do an ok turn at times, those types making enough at the minute too

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Helpmefarm

790kg simm cow made 1620 in Cavan mart on Friday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Still €3.65 base in Kepak. Turning 30 Months on Saturday so had to sell.

3.25 o&p cows flat for next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Where this Kildare?

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Where this Kildare?

yes, slaney 3.25 os and 3.15 ps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

What do you mean by flat?

just do it wrote: »
    What do you mean by flat?

Just basically no matter if I have cows grade p=2+ or o+4+ I'll be getting 3.25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any prices for heifers this week or is everybody going to hold onto them for two weeks till the price goes through the roof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Just basically no matter if I have cows grade p=2+ or o+4+ I'll be getting 3.25
    Same happened me, as I posted three weeks ago, told them to stick it, and I took cows to the mart. done better, agents must think we're ejjets:mad:

Nettleman wrote: »
    Same happened me, as I posted three weeks ago, told them to stick it, and I took cows to the mart. done better, agents must think we're ejjets:mad:

What do you mean the same happened you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Nettleman wrote: »

??? I suspect your not used to killing cattle? This is a good quote. Big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

Just off the phone to agent in Kilbeggan, €3.75 base for heifers and will take them today or any day this week we can drop them in...they are finished and don't want them to get over fat, other than that would wait a few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Sami23

Just off the phone to agent in Kilbeggan, €3.75 base for heifers and will take them today or any day this week we can drop them in...they are finished and don't want them to get over fat, other than that would wait a few weeks...

Sold 2 red Lmx bullocks at mart. 575 kg made 1150 and 550 kg made 1090. Disappointed not to get more for dem. Both round 27 months

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Sami23 wrote: »
    Sold 2 red Lmx bullocks at mart. 575 kg made 1150 and 550 kg made 1090. Disappointed not to get more for dem. Both round 27 months

you got on well considering what I bought similar stock for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

They seem very light for their age? I have lmx and chx to go soon to mart. They will be 500kg approx and are 17/18 months. Will be hoping to clear the €1000 mark anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

if you've good supermarket spec heifers, they definitely won't be turning them away, another 10c might stop this f'ing protest

AP2014 wrote: »
    They seem very light for their weight? I have lmx and chx to go soon to mart. They will be 500kg approx and are 17/18 months. Will be hoping to clear the €1000 mark anyway.

Agree as had another lad 18 months and he was 500kgs so thought the other 2 would have been heavier.

you got on well considering what I bought similar stock for

Why, what ya get them for ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Agree as had another lad 18 months and he was 500kgs so thought the other 2 would have been heavier.

Did they just not thrive? Or was sickness or something the problem? I know ya had only 3 months left on them but hard to tell if you fed them would ya have got on better killing them yourself.

Did they just not thrive? Or was sickness or something the problem? I know ya had only 3 months left on them but hard to tell if you fed them would ya have got on better killing them yourself.

Ya hard to know alrit. No sickness or other problem with them. Had lots grass all year and getting nuts last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Factory's being flooded with cattle as farmers with cattle outside try to unload them before protest late this week or early next week. They are axinousfor heifers under age paying 3.75/kg but not budging. Steers 3.65 under age, 3.6 over 30 months and 3.55 over 36 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They seem very light for their weight?

You were very young when you were born

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Factory's being flooded with cattle as farmers with cattle outside try to unload them before protest late this week or early next week. They are axinousfor heifers under age paying 3.75/kg but not budging. Steers 3.65 under age, 3.6 over 30 months and 3.55 over 36 months.

Nothing but trailers heading for kilbeggan this am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

I said wrote: »
    Nothing but trailers heading for kilbeggan this am

Farmers voting with there feet............sorry trailers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Farmers voting with there feet............sorry trailers

I'm keeping well out of it

Why, what ya get them for ?

dearest was 1080 and none lighter than 610 kg, they were mix of qa and non qa

this type stock are very heavy on land at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I wish you well with them. Hopefully you get a good turn out of them that eases your other headaches

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    I wish you well with them. Hopefully you get a good turn out of them that eases your other headaches

swore id get out of finishing but the older type stock are hardy and are good value at the minute due to change in weather

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement