Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon airport

Options

Comments

That airport's a lot more than its Self Loading Freight.

Between maintenance, cargo & charters, it's got more to it than just the passenger numbers.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Alot to do with Norwegian not flying.

Not really. MAX was only grounded on March 11/12th with only two weeks left of the first quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Not really. MAX was only grounded on March 11/12th with only two weeks left of the first quarter.

Norwegian stopped flying to Shannon on the 12th of January, I never made reference to the MAX grounding.

The absence of Kuwait also made a big difference.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

What hardware (if any)is in SNN at the moment.
    A C-17 is in Dublin from yesterday. Im guessibg SNN should have a couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Tenger wrote: »
    What hardware (if any)is in SNN at the moment.
    A C-17 is in Dublin from yesterday. Im guessibg SNN should have a couple?

From just looking at Facebook I think 2-3 c-17s couple of Blackhawks and a white hawk anyways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

That airport's a lot more than its Self Loading Freight.

Between maintenance, cargo & charters, it's got more to it than just the passenger numbers.
    Up to a point, in the sense that Shannon handles about 5% of national passenger traffic and 10% of national air cargo.

But it has failed to meet the passenger traffic targets that were meant to be essential for its own commercial success, and to support regional growth.

And, according to the Irish Times, management are unavailable for comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

I noticed on page 45 on the Lufthansa timetables up to march 2020 that they have listed Shannon as a destination from Frankfurt on Saturdays but its not bookable as yet. Would this be a true reflection or could they change their mind after the timetable was typed up and cancel the route :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

xtradel wrote: »
    I noticed on page 45 on the Lufthansa timetables up to march 2020 that they have listed Shannon as a destination from Frankfurt on Saturdays but its not bookable as yet. Would this be a true reflection or could they change their mind after the timetable was typed up and cancel the route :confused:

It’s already operating and bookable. It’s also operating on Thursday’s as well at the moment.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    It’s already operating and bookable. It’s also operating on Thursday’s as well at the moment.

Last bookable flight is 12th October. Winter timetable begins from 27th October & thats where its listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Last bookable flight is 12th October. Winter timetable begins from 27th October & thats where its listed.

It’s probably only summer seasonal but I couldn’t be too sure. Probably isn’t viable in winter with very little inbound demand then. I would never take too much notice of those timetables especially many months away from the winter schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Lots of C17 Globemasters in Shannon the last few days prepping for Donald Trump, 2 Blackhawks & 2 Whitehawks & yesterday there was 2 C5M Super Galaxies.

Disappeared from the timetable now :(

Plus if it was still there it would be on page 37 so they must have amended a shedload of flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭x567

AerLingus in recent schedule update moved forward Airbus A321neo LR operations on Shannon – London Heathrow route. Previously scheduled from 29MAR20, the A321neo LR is now scheduled to operate from 13MAR20, initially 3 times a week as EI380/381.

EI380 SNN0735 – 0915LHR 32Q 135
    EI380 SNN0735 – 0915LHR 320 x135
    EI384 SNN1255 – 1430LHR 320 D
    EI386 SNN1725 – 1850LHR 320 D

EI381 LHR1000 – 1130SNN 32Q 135
    EI381 LHR1000 – 1130SNN 320 x135
    EI385 SNN1520 – 1645SNN 320 D
    EI387 SNN1935 – 2100SNN 320 D

Laudamotion begining flights to Vienna from Shannon next summer. Twice weekly Wed/Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Oi5in

Antonov lifting off from Shannon, giving North Cork a fair rattle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Oi5in wrote: »
    Antonov lifting off from Shannon, giving North Cork a fair rattle

https://www.flightradar24.com/ADB3221/22d24f8b

It passed about 5Km east of my house a few mins ago.

I thought it was coming in to crash land.

It was at around 17,000ft at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

How much are all these unscheduled stops worth to the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

Related; what's the policy re clean up of the fuel dump? Does it actually happen? Assume the airline have to pay for that too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

cson wrote: »
    Related; what's the policy re clean up of the fuel dump? Does it actually happen? Assume the airline have to pay for that too?

It vaporises such that there's nothing specific to clean up. It doesn't magically go away but there's no big pile of fuel anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

AN124 due in at 9am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

BZ wrote: »
    AN124 due in at 9am this morning.

When is it departing again do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

source wrote: »
    When is it departing again do you know?

10pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

10pm tonight.

Cheers, got to see the 225 landing, didn't get to see it take off. Will be too dark at 10 to see this one, Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

10pm tonight.

Just passed over Limerick City now, eastbound. Glorious sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Comhra wrote: »

Heard it there. Crazy loud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Comhra wrote: »

Think I heard it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

An 124,RA-82079,currently west of Clare on the way into Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Antonov 124 due in around 12:30 from Goose Bay

Advertisement