Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Heard rumors about the AN225 being in on Sat at quarter to niine ... is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Lockheed wrote: »
    Heard rumors about the AN225 being in on Sat at quarter to niine ... is this true?

Yes and apparently leaving Sunday at 11pm local. Don't shoot the messenger though!

Is the Iberia 727 still rotting there?

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Is the Iberia 727 still rotting there?

yep it parked down past West Air, the airport fire service use it for training or used to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

AM or PM?

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    AM or PM?

PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I have read on the following link https://twitter.com/ShannonAirport/status/585756874848477184

That the An225 is arriving at Saturday 20:45 (8:45pm) and departing Sunday 11:00 (11:00 pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

Yes and apparently leaving Sunday at 11pm local. Don't shoot the messenger though!

Hope it's true! How do you guys find this info? Is there a somewhere online to check the schedule of incoming aircraft. I also saw in the FR24 thread that 2 x 747s were due in last Saturday - where do people find this info, especially for non commercial, non scheduled flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I have read on the FR24 thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95006305&postcount=3187

That the An225 is arriving at Saturday 20:45 (8:45pm) and departing Sunday 11:00 (11:00 am).

Apparently its 11pm Sunday rather than 11am

https://twitter.com/ShannonAirport/status/585756874848477184
    (Add 1 hour to above times)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

New arrival time of 03.00 Sunday morning...
    Yes 3am in the morning.....

Departure remains 23.00 Sunday....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

westdub wrote: »

Where is this new info coming from?

westdub wrote: »

Is this true?

Is this true?

I have heard the same times! But it could change again.

imurdaddy wrote: »
    I have heard the same times! But it could change again.

Hopefully it does. I'm planning a daytrip to Shannon anyway, would love to see the abandoned Maddog there and the 727

Hopefully it does. I'm planning a daytrip to Shannon anyway, would love to see the abandoned Maddog there and the 727

If you can visit Atlantic airventure in shannon town, plenty of aircraft, cockpits engines and all sorts of aviation memorabilia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

What is
    abandoned Maddog

What is

DC-9/MD80 series

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Where is this new info coming from?

There's a rather large spotting community in Ireland that like's to keep eachother up to date with what's happening....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Where exactly is this maddog parked??

Skuxx wrote: »
    Where exactly is this maddog parked??

I have no clue. Seen pictures of it sitting on the grass without engines in a gallery of pictures of shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Seen pictures of it sitting on the grass without engines in a gallery of pictures of shannon
    Can you link the picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

I could be wrong but there is no Maddog down there
    The last one a few years back was broken up

5944244772_a42696eca1_b.jpgN361LF by niallsaviation, on Flickr

The Iberia 727 is still there and used by the Fire & Rescue Service
    7355512642_58521c806f_b.jpgEC-CFA by niallsaviation, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I'm amazed that Iberia let them use it without painting it over. Can you imagine a nervous flier who for arguments sake was flying on an connecting flight with Iberia seeing that, would'nt do much for their confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Sorry if this has been asked already,where in the states is antonov departing from today,just want to track her on flight rador,

Its flying from Bangor from what I've last heard. It probably won't show up on the departures/arrivals tables on Flight radar, so you'll have to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Delta will no longer be using the 757 on the Shannon-JFK route next year and will now be using the 767-300. Great news.

TPMP wrote: »
    Delta will no longer be using the 757 on the Shannon-JFK route next year and will now be using the 767-300. Great news.

I agree good news. How many seats does a 767-300 have in comparison to the 757-200?

When will the Ryanair summer schedule being released? Looks disappointing at the moment.

Great news for SNN, I went on one of those "buckets" a few years back, thank god it was a calm flight, it rattled enough as it was. I would'nt worry too much about FR, they will load their flights anythime up to xmas, at least that what they used do for Cork.

• Advertisement

roundymac wrote: »

Not that version anyway, that's the one that goes to Hawaii. There's 5 versions of 767 and 9 of 757 so it was a waste of time looking at them.

Advertisement