Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options
1249250251252253255»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

RainyDay wrote: »
    Great, I look forward to all the slow cars stuck in busy urban traffic pulling over to let me, the cyclist, through tomorrow.

a good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tmg

this is the dashcam thread right?

just checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is there any chance a mod could rename the title of this thread to "Dash came save...... bollocks to this, roundabout and cyclist talk only" or.... could people who want to talk about cyclists go to the appropriate forum?
    It has been repeated over and over and over and yet here we are with more pages of utter ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

tmg wrote: »
    this is the dashcam thread right?

just checking.
    It used to be.

Maybe we could do it like YLYL where there is a thread for material and another for chat, bickering, willy wagging etc.

I would probably only visit the video one. As it is, I'm on the edge of unfollowing this one. Wading through some of the crap is not enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Falcon L wrote: »
    It used to be.

Maybe we could do it like YLYL where there is a thread for material and another for chat, bickering, willy wagging etc.

I would probably only visit the video one. As it is, I'm on the edge of unfollowing this one. Wading through some of the crap is not enjoyable.

I think mods should not allow comments/discussions here; it's the need of the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Great, I look forward to all the slow cars stuck in busy urban traffic pulling over to let me, the cyclist, through tomorrow.

You can get through already. Down the sides, on the paths, through the middle etc. Cyclists do it every day.

When's the last time you sat at the back of a queue of traffic and didn't move forward a'tall? I don't think I've ever seen a cyclist do that FFS

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Jesus. wrote: »
    You can get through already. Down the sides, on the paths, through the middle etc. Cyclists do it every day.

When's the last time you sat at the back of a queue of traffic and didn't move forward a'tall? I don't think I've ever seen a cyclist do that FFS

Just leave it ffs...

The video title is a bit misleading. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Jesus. wrote: »

And drivers get past cyclists every day. Most of them do it safely, waiting until there is enough room to overtake safely, and passing leaving at least 1.5m passing space. A few idiots seem to think that it's OK to put the life of a vulnerable road user at risk in order to get to the back of the next queue of cars a few seconds earlier. Drivers do it every day.

So really, what is your criteria for when slower road users are supposed to pull over for faster ones? It would be really great for me on the bike if cars had to pull over to let me through, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. Be careful what you wish for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah **** this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

bear1 wrote: »
    Ah **** this thread.

Kill it, kill it with random videos!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread closed for the next while...can't leave it go as it has been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement