Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

rizzodun wrote: »
    I love how a serious video of say... a guy hammering wrong way down a dual carriageway gets a few posts of 'wow' 'idiot' etc, but a crap video of someone who 'should have indicated' but didn't and still didn't cause anything more than a minor annoyance to the driver 3 car lengths behind gets pages upon pages of debate.

Should he have indicated? Possibly.
    Does it matter whether he did or not? Not really?
    Was it worth posting? Not in the least, waste of good bandwidth if you ask me, who doesn't see that every day to and from work and pass no heed?

The simple problem between 2 videos you mention is that hammering down the wrong way on a Dual Carriageway is always wrong there is nothing really to debate except the call the driver an idiot or worse.

There is just a debate about the use of indicators. My stance is that if i am moving off the main flow of traffic just pop on the indicator. if you miss it once or twice no big problem but intentionally not doing it because of circumstances or stubbornness is just poor driving habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

rizzodun wrote: »
    I love how a serious video of say... a guy hammering wrong way down a dual carriageway gets a few posts of 'wow' 'idiot' etc, but a crap video of someone who 'should have indicated' but didn't and still didn't cause anything more than a minor annoyance to the driver 3 car lengths behind gets pages upon pages of debate.

Should he have indicated? Possibly.
    Does it matter whether he did or not? Not really?
    Was it worth posting? Not in the least, waste of good bandwidth if you ask me, who doesn't see that every day to and from work and pass no heed?

If you want to post an indicator video something like this might be more worthy...

3 car lengths? wrong! It was nearly half of that.
    minor annoyance? threshold of annoyance varies from one person to the other.
    doesn't see that every day to and from work and pass no heed? some people do see that everyday and do get disturbed.
    waste of good bandwidth? posting any video if no action is taken is also a waste.
    crap video? No answer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Mr. Eddie's response to tailgaiters:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

These tailgating and signalling videos are brilliant. Keep them coming! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

92 year old driver hits 10 parked cars in grocery store car park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

ken wrote: »
    92 year old driver hits 10 parked cars in grocery store car park

All thats missing is the Benny Hill theme.

ardle1 wrote: »

Wtf where were the buckets coming from, the car in front? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wtf where were the buckets coming from, the car in front? lol

Just jumping out of his trailer, I caught up with him and told him the craíc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Lucky he didn't have the banana
    Should've used your Green Shell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bar32

Sorry about poor quality and lack of sound. Must upgrade camera soon! Happened last night on M7 around M9 turnoff. I'll add some background because it' s hard to see.

Two protagonists - 98 Corolla and Quashqui (I think)

Just before start of video I suspect there was a poor lane change by corolla which forced entire overtaking lane down to approx 75kph. Quashqui may have been pissed off. It's infront of me at start of clip.

Corolla hogs lane2 and then dangerously blocks Quashqui (30 - 40 sec)
    Quashqui wildly veers into inside line and undertakes (40 - 42 sec)
    Corolla speeds up and tries to overtake again but blocked by Quashqui (50 - 1min)
    Quashqui hogs overtaking lane and intentionally slows down (I catch up) to piss off corolla then speeds off on merry way (1min - end).

I'm still classed as a new user so here's the youtube url with the ht cut off at start.
    tp://youtu.be/26l4eyV9xuM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

bar32 wrote: »
    [...]

I'm still classed as a new user so here's the youtube url with the ht cut off at start.

Fixed that for you. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

bar32 wrote: »
    Sorry about poor quality and lack of sound. Must upgrade camera soon! Happened last night on M7 around M9 turnoff. I'll add some background because it' s hard to see.

Two protagonists - 98 Corolla and Quashqui (I think)

Just before start of video I suspect there was a poor lane change by corolla which forced entire overtaking lane down to approx 75kph. Quashqui may have been pissed off. It's infront of me at start of clip.

Corolla hogs lane2 and then dangerously blocks Quashqui (30 - 40 sec)
    Quashqui wildly veers into inside line and undertakes (40 - 42 sec)
    Corolla speeds up and tries to overtake again but blocked by Quashqui (50 - 1min)
    Quashqui hogs overtaking lane and intentionally slows down (I catch up) to piss off corolla then speeds off on merry way (1min - end).

Somehow I blame you entirely for that! :pac:

Pair of knobs. I'd put the Corolla a bit higher on the knob scale, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Caught on my way home today:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Teenager playing chicken hit by truck caught on dashcam
    http://news.sky.com/story/1429799/video-teenager-playing-chicken-hit-by-truck

Wow. What a stupid little ****. Let that be a lesson to him ffs.

Fück-nuts like that should be neutered now to stop them reproducing in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Where's the Kbbbbbllltt...... I was hoping for a rib-shattering Kbbbbbbllltt!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭josip

Fair fcuks to the driver for getting the speed down in time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Funny that in a split second he realises that if he keeps running he'll go under the wheels so tries to run away from the truck. The extra few inches probably saves him from serious injury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Funny that in a split second he realises that if he keeps running he'll go under the wheels so tries to run away from the truck. The extra few inches probably saves him from serious injury.

I seen that and wondered, if he kept running would he have made it, as the truck tried to stop, or would it have hit him and broke a hip or did the change in direction not only give the extra few inches but also increase the velocity as he was heading away.

Honestly I seen him run away and thought he was under it, wonder did he jump a bit so as not to get swept under.

Ah, Physics, you devious mistress with your little mysteries.

Can't believe the cops didn't prosecute the little toerag for wreckless endangerment, hope he got at least done for any damage to the truck (although admittedly probably minimal).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Jaysus, I know it was stupid, but God love him he could have been killed... He obviously knew he was going under the wheel if he hadn't gone into eh safe mode :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

I think I'd be putting the foot down and getting out of there rather than videoing the truck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

CramCycle wrote: »
    Hopefully fixed

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I think I'd be putting the foot down and getting out of there rather than videoing the truck!

Ahh the New Jersey turnpike, a road I've driven many times. Fans of the Sopranos will be familiar with it from the opening credits. Looks like it's Exit 9, about 20 miles south of Newark airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

She has literally no idea whats going on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement