Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Here are some crazy Russian ones...

That's one thing that will definitely never be in short supply anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

RainyDay wrote: »
    There is no 'feeling' involved. You know if there is anyone around, and you adjust your behaviour accordingly.

What about the someone you didnt see? should they not have the benefit of your indicator too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

This post has been deleted.

Should but doesn't, that's a ridiculous technicality anyway, I don't see how it would make any difference to how other roadusers behave around the driver.
    GrumpyMe wrote: »
    The N plate refers to the driver not the car!!! So if driver has passed the test more than 7 months ago then they don't need to display it!
    They don't 'need' it but neither do they 'need' to remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

RustyNut wrote: »
    What about the someone you didnt see? should they not have the benefit of your indicator too?

When you're an advanced driver, there is no someone that you didn't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

How about less gabble and more crazy MoFo's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

"Drive her like your late for mass"��
    Traffic is crap there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Totally agree, i think they should be made compulsory. Lots of other countries have them. Could help to cut out the possibility of insurance fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Is there even a driving test in Russia? Seriously, I know there is a lot of people so lots of idiots on the road if you take % into account. But it just seems rife as if no one has respect for there own life. There is only one Russian lad in work and so far he has written off 2 cars I know of both in the snow/ ice ironically. Obviously he doesn't represent all of Russia!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Patww79 wrote: »

I find the same is true with disabled badges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Is there even a driving test in Russia? Seriously, I know there is a lot of people so lots of idiots on the road if you take % into account. But it just seems rife as if no one has respect for there own life. There is only one Russian lad in work and so far he has written off 2 cars I know of both in the snow/ ice ironically. Obviously he doesn't represent all of Russia!

Here or in Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Here or in Russia?

Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭Damien360

How about less gabble and more crazy MoFo's

That guy has a death wish. Italian drivers are very unpredictable and likely to change lane at any moment. Think Irish drivers at their very worst. Milan was insane. All it would take is one driver to move lane and he is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

That nutter was in Brazil, nearly as bad as the Italians...
    Damien360 wrote: »
    That guy has a death wish. Italian drivers are very unpredictable and likely to change lane at any moment. Think Irish drivers at their very worst. Milan was insane. All it would take is one driver to move lane and he is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It's like the old tree in the forest thing, if there is no-one there to see the overtake, why bother indicate?

Except for the person that you are overtaking, it sort of let's them know your intention. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

skibum wrote: »
    That nutter was in Brazil, nearly as bad as the Italians...

He was also about .5s off two broken legs at 50 seconds and keeps going. I couldn't watch past that as a bike driver, every muscle in my body was taut.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Except for the person that you are overtaking, it sort of let's them know your intention. :rolleyes:

Ooops typo - should have read "It's like the old tree in the forest thing, if there is no-one there to see the indicator, why bother indicate?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Ooops typo - should have read "It's like the old tree in the forest thing, if there is no-one there to see the indicator, why bother indicate?"

Because if this thread shows anything, its that often drivers do not realise there is someone nearby.

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Because if this thread shows anything, its that often drivers do not realise there is someone nearby.

The theory again is that if you have good observation and you use your mirrors properly, you know if there is someone nearby. I'm not sure that dashcam vids replicate driver's observations accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

When you're an advanced driver, there is no someone that you didn't see.
    I would have thought the opposite tbh; an advanced driver should be prepared for anyone to make mistakes, even themselves. Assuming you have full knowledge of situation leads to complacency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Seen a nutter today on the m50 go from arse to arse.

I mean she was bumper to bumper with vans/cars/trucks.

Tapping the break every so often, over 100kmph!

She ended up behind me at one stage and i couldn't even see the bonnet of her car!

Mind Boggles..

TheChizler wrote: »
    I would have thought the opposite tbh; an advanced driver should be prepared for anyone to make mistakes, even themselves. Assuming you have full knowledge of situation leads to complacency.

I can see the value in that point of view, and I may possibly be overplaying one point from a full-day training course many years ago, but again, the principle involved is that you're not assuming anything, you're making damn sure that you know 100% for sure whether there are other cars around you or not.
    Patww79 wrote: »

I think most of us know that driving skill and competence has little to do with duration of years on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Im all for indicating and not indicating and advanced and so on.

But this is the dashcam thread!!!!

Pages of arguments and no vids make me unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I love how a serious video of say... a guy hammering wrong way down a dual carriageway gets a few posts of 'wow' 'idiot' etc, but a crap video of someone who 'should have indicated' but didn't and still didn't cause anything more than a minor annoyance to the driver 3 car lengths behind gets pages upon pages of debate.

Should he have indicated? Possibly.
    Does it matter whether he did or not? Not really?
    Was it worth posting? Not in the least, waste of good bandwidth if you ask me, who doesn't see that every day to and from work and pass no heed?

If you want to post an indicator video something like this might be more worthy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Regarding the motor cyclist; organ donation has never been so fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

This is the best indicator related video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Páid wrote: »
    This is the best indicator related video.

I thoroughly approve of this new Garda policy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement