Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

"Sure I'll make up my own rules to suit myself, it's grand".

It's because of people like you that motorways don't operate correctly. Please don't even reply to this post with nonsense, as you are completely and utterly wrong.

Ok, forget everything I said and forget the original video that I posted. I have obviously rattled the cages of the "Let's bash the OP brigade" and I'll leave it at that.

I would however suggest a sub forum of "Dash cam saves your ass" where people can rant and rave all they like and the original forum can maintain some level of sanity. That way we can have a choice as to what we do or do not want to read. I just posted some speeding driver with the accompanying inaction of the Gardaí. Apologies for all those whom I have offended by "hogging" the middle lane at the correct speed. And yes, I have replied despite your request that I shouldn't. Democracy rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

CiniO wrote: »
    I don't think there is any country in EU where there would be mandatory dipped lights 24/7 without possibility to use DRLs.

Its mandatory in Poland, if you have DRLs thats what you use, if you don't you have to use dipped lights. Strictly enforced as well.

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Its mandatory in Poland, if you have DRLs thats what you use, if you don't you have to use dipped lights. Strictly enforced as well.
    I think that Slovenia is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

12 element wrote: »
    You seem to have quoted me saying that some how but it wasn't me that made that post!

Sorry about that, my bad.
    sogood wrote: »
    Ok, forget everything I said and forget the original video that I posted. I have obviously rattled the cages of the "Let's bash the OP brigade" and I'll leave it at that.

I hate the bashing that goes on in here too, but usually over pedantic stuff. You posted a video of yourself sitting in the middle lane and then tried to justify it by saying it suited you to do so. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Less blabber and more video .

Thats where we want to be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I know they are exempt . But being exempt and abusing it, minutes after they just pulled a lad for speeding is pathetic.

In HD with the setting tab bottom right.

Perhaps they just got a call that somebody they're looking for is down the road
    (and they didnt want to alert the suspect by putting on blue lights)?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Can you please read again what I actally wrote in text you quoted me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

I have obviously rattled the cages of the "Let's bash the OP brigade" and I'll leave it at that.

I would however suggest a sub forum of "Dash cam saves your ass" where people can rant and rave all they like and the original forum can maintain some level of sanity. That way we can have a choice as to what we do or do not want to read. I just posted some speeding driver with the accompanying inaction of the Gardaí.....

You posted a video showing someone swerving between traffic because of people like you hogging the middle lane. Then you give out about the Gaurds doing the exact thing you were doing. Then you come on here and argue that you will drive the wrong way and screw everyone else. Then you moan when we question it???

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

CiniO wrote: »
    Can you please read again what I actually wrote in text you quoted me?

Ehhhhhh, Don't need to....

I followed up your thought with a fact about Poland, granted it was slightly (stressing slightly) off context

No need to be cryptic with your response though, if you feel I needed clarity just let me know directly, like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

gutteruu wrote: »
    You posted a video showing someone swerving between traffic because of people like you hogging the middle lane. Then you give out about the Gaurds doing the exact thing you were doing. Then you come on here and argue that you will drive the wrong way and screw everyone else. Then you moan when we question it???

Read my original post and show me where "I gave out about the Guards doing the exact same thing" ie, "hogging the middle lane" Since when is driving at the max permitted speed in the centre lane wrong when you are passing/avoiding slower moving traffic on the inside lane?

And yes, just ignore the speeder, breaking the speed limit, driving across 3 lanes, undertaking and then crossing 3 lanes again, while the Guards ignore him. Of course, what I did was so much worse and worthy of criticism..........

• Advertisement

Ehhhhhh, Don't need to....

I followed up your thought with a fact about Poland, granted it was slightly (stressing slightly) off context

No need to be cryptic with your response though, if you feel I needed clarity just let me know directly, like. :)

It's just I was responding to someone who mentioned that dipped lights should be mandatory 24/4 like in many EU countries (clearly saying dipped lights, not DRLs), while it's not true, as I don't think there is any country in EU, where dipped lights would be mandatory without possibility to use DRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

pauld wrote: »

I give up, I need another hint. :o

Red Nissan wrote: »

Cyclist fell of his bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Read my original post and show me where "I gave out about the Guards doing the exact same thing" ie, "hogging the middle lane" Since when is driving at the max permitted speed in the centre lane wrong when you are passing/avoiding slower moving traffic on the inside lane?
    You didn't pass or avoid a single car in the 45 seconds of your video.
    Red Nissan wrote: »

He fell off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

In fairness that road becomes a 2 lane after the merge,the others are for local traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

pauld wrote: »

Is this a vid of a young lad missing a pedal while the lights are red?

Im I missing a drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Is this a vid of a young lad missing a pedal while the lights are red?

Im I missing a drama?

I watched it twice and missed it, at the very, very end you can see him falling off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Chippy01 wrote: »
    Never tried this before, so hope it works ok.

N11, last friday. Skip to 1:10.

Wow that was some stupid driving out of the Santa Fe. You were lucky there wasn't an incident in front of you there that you could've done little to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is there a way to see that video? For me it's blocked at work as it's from photobucket. Is there a youtube vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

bear1 wrote: »
    Is there a way to see that video? For me it's blocked at work as it's from photobucket. Is there a youtube vid?

Your workplace block Photobucket but not Youtube?

12 element wrote: »
    Your workplace block Photobucket but not Youtube?

I know :rolleyes: facebook isn't blocked either... explain that moronic logic to me

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

bear1 wrote: »

Sorry Bear, my work allows me to see Youtube, but not allows me to upload to it. So I had to use photobucket instead.

No worries, I'll just wait till I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just for the people that have them, I'm looking for a cam for security/servicing more than anything. Not daily use and I want something rechargeable. Don't want wires hanging around the car. Any suggestions? Go pro?

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Just for the people that have them, I'm looking for a cam for security/servicing more than anything. Not daily use and I want something rechargeable. Don't want wires hanging around the car. Any suggestions? Go pro?

There's a thread all about that already. Ask there I guess.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237

As for a go pro. Very good quality footage, but not really an option for security or using as video evidence. The battery would last a few hours drive, maybe 3, and the SD card on 720p, wide angle will get about 6 hours (currently have 3 hours on my 32GB SD card using 15GB). You'd be forever dumping data off the SD, and if you dont want wired, you'd be forever charging the goPro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Small one from this morning,

Both trying to save a few seconds.
    I beeped my horn a bit too late to help.
    Surprised guy on bike didn't look left as lots of motorbikes and cyclists pass me on the right every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement