Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

CramCycle wrote: »
    By the title etc. I thought it was the cars fault, muppet on the bike, hope the police get wind of this and take his license off him.
    "Most dangerous roads"?!?
    The only thing dangerous was the rider.
    Just something in her tone of voice lead me to think she was on the bikers side.
    Just to clarify I think all fault is with the organ donar biker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ken wrote: »
    Just something in her tone of voice lead me to think she was on the bikers side.
    Just to clarify I think all fault is with the organ donar biker.
    Same here, I think its her phrasing that he is "lucky", seems to imply that he was lucky that the car did not him, not the way I would normally phrase such a situation. Personally, I would have thought that it should have been
    "Husband/Father/Son (whatever the paper want to use to get max. effect*) luckily escapes being hit by lunatic/uneducated/dangerous motorcyclist"

*A very loose assumption on a family car and what appears to be a middle aged man in a blue shirt driving, none of these things might apply, quality is terrible.

Technically nothing wrong with her phrasing but , like you, the tone and phrasing, seem to imply that it was not the cyclists fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭rameire

double posting

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭rameire

a Lada crashing into a Fiat

I dont like the trousers your man is wearing

http://youtu.be/kfS8iz2NaLE

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

This should be interesting.

Lambo at fault IMO. Travelling too fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Tzardine wrote: »
    This should be interesting.

Lambo at fault IMO. Travelling too fast.

Up to the other car to judge speed so unless the lambo floored it after the guy pulled out he is at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There's already one thread dedicated to that video which has stirred up a lot of discussion. No pint having two threads debating it :).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057180531&page=9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

One from today. Read below

In the clip I reckoned there was a Red light and a Green Left arrow for the Mondeo, and that the Audi had ran a red. But was this the case? I am not that familiar with the setup of that junction.

Does anyone know the lights at this junction?
    Cos maybe I am wrong

Ps, the clip is blurry at the start, I think its a video edit or youtube artefact. Might have to upload it again later.

I've nearly got hit a few times turning left there, the set up is bad, as is the junction just before the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I've nearly got hit a few times turning left there, the set up is bad, as is the junction just before the bridge

I've reported it anyway, so perhaps the junction will be reviewed.
    You can add support, which I guess is like voting it up
    http://fixmyarea.com/issues/18378-potentially-dangerous-junction

It might just be a coincidence but the spot of road I reported below has just been resurfaced, still I'd rather think it was because it was reported.
    http://fixmyarea.com/issues/17522-potholed-and-crumbling-road-surface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Ok this was me driving and me mate recording me driving earlier ...

I thought I was a deadly driver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Barrel wrote: »
    Ok this was me driving and me mate recording me driving earlier ... I thought I was a deadly driver :pac:

Too many chances, no evidence of good driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

^^ it was yeah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

I have little patience myself but this takes the biscuit :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

Barrel wrote: »
    Ok this was me driving and me mate recording me driving earlier ...

I thought I was a deadly driver :pac:

What car is that I wonder

Sir Chops wrote: »
    What car is that I wonder

Seems to me it's a pile of ****e :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Merging from N3 to M50 North this morning this genius decides to save a few seconds..we both get stuck in traffic at the Finglas exit for about 15 mins after that so he saved no time. I never understand this mentality.. I'm going to break the law to gain nothing significant.. not saying it was overly dangerous or anything just plain stoopid!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

Seems like he needed an ambulance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

illumin wrote: »
    I have little patience myself but this takes the biscuit :eek:

What about the road hogger in the van. If he had any consideration, he would be more to the right.

What about the road hogger in the van. If he had any consideration, he would be more to the right.

The light would still be red no matter how far over he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

The light would still be red no matter how far over he was.

But at least then anyone behind going left could get through the junction.

Caliden wrote: »

+1

Caliden wrote: »

Yes, once the light turned green they could. Yer man in the van being badly positioned (shoudl be noted its a single lane road though) is no excuse for driving through a red.

Mick55 wrote: »
    Merging from N3 to M50 North this morning this genius decides to save a few seconds..we both get stuck in traffic at the Finglas exit for about 15 mins after that so he saved no time. I never understand this mentality.. I'm going to break the law to gain nothing significant.. not saying it was overly dangerous or anything just plain stoopid!

What are you crying about you let him in. An experienced driver would have cut him up.

And..... here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

What are you crying about you let him in. An experienced driver would have cut him up.

Crying? Get a grip mate. Its a traffic video on a thread dedicated to just that... if you don't like what you see pi$$ off to another thread.

EDIT: Not even going to try reason with your logic.

Mick55 wrote: »
    Crying? Get a grip mate. Its a traffic video on a thread dedicated to just that... if you don't like what you see pi$$ off to another thread.

What do you mean an experienced driver would have cut him up?
    You slowed down and let him in. You should have drove on and blasted him back to where he came from.

• Advertisement

You slowed down and let him in. You should have drove on and blasted him back to where he came from.

If the OP had have done that, I bet you would be the very first person telling him what a bad driver he is and should have read what the other driver was going to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement