Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You slowed down and let him in. You should have drove on and blasted him back to where he came from.

He was already coming across, you mean he should have contributed to a possible collision? The driver may have been wrong, does not mean you have carte blanche to "cut him up". Being in the right would look lovely on a tombstone*

*dramatic license in use

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

What are you crying about you let him in. An experienced driver would have cut him up.

An experienced, mature, conscientious driver would have acted aggressively and rashly... Yep sound logic there pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

CramCycle wrote: »
    He was already coming across, you mean he should have contributed to a possible collision? The driver may have been wrong, does not mean you have carte blanche to "cut him up". Being in the right would look lovely on a tombstone*

*dramatic license in use
    Not only was he wrong but it was illegal. Dangerous driving which could have cost someone their life. I am the middle view here, some people would have clipped him and claimed.

Bear 1 : I for one would not clip someone on purpose (and stupidly record it) and then claim.

I am just saying some people would. An opportunist would love this. And they would get away with it because your man is in the wrong legally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not only was he wrong but it was illegal. Dangerous driving which could have cost someone their life. I am the middle view here, some people would have clipped him and claimed.
    I am just saying some people would. An opportunist would love this. And they would get away with it because your man is in the wrong legally.
    I imagine, particularly if they used the video, that they would get the costs of repairs and no more. Lack of observation is also not widely tolerated as an excuse. It could also be inferred as insurance fraud as well and no one gets a payout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Bear 1 : I for one would not clip someone on purpose (and stupidly record it) and then claim.

Yes, but you were saying is that the OP should have accelerated and forced the offending car back into it's lane.
    The OP acted correctly, saw the idiot, gave them room to do what they had to do and end of story.
    Speeding up and forcing a game of chicken upon the other driver is something an absolute moron would do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

bear1 wrote: »
    Speeding up and forcing a game of chicken upon the other driver is something an absolute moron would do.

Or as celticcrash calls them "experienced drivers" :pac:
    Hope he doesn't call himself an experienced driver,

CramCycle wrote: »
    I imagine, particularly if they used the video, that they would get the costs of repairs and no more. Lack of observation is also not widely tolerated as an excuse. It could also be inferred as insurance fraud as well and no one gets a payout.
    A fraudster is hardly going to use a camdash. He will say that he had not time to brake as he had not suspected the car on the right to make an illegal move. The blame would lay on the driver who made the illegal move.

A fraudster is hardly going to use a camdash. He will say that he had not time to brake as he had not suspected the car on the right to make an illegal move. The blame would lay on the driver who made the illegal move.

You sound like you have experience in this ;)
    I don't get you now to be honest, why are you saying the OP should have accelerated and forced the driver back in if this is exactly what a fraudster would do?
    May I ask (and this is a genuine question) if you were the OP in the exact same situation, what would you have done?

Looking at it again the driver with the camdash drove in a mature way.
    9 out of 10, I would have done the same.
    But once in a while, I like to give bad drivers a fright to show them that some thing could go wrong. I may be wrong there but where not all the same.

• Advertisement

Looking at it again the driver with the camdash drove in a mature way.
    9 out of 10, I would have done the same.
    But once in a while, I like to give bad drivers a fright to show them that some thing could go wrong. I may be wrong there but where not all the same.

10/10 times I would do the same.
    I wouldn't try and frighten other drivers (even if they are in the wrong) as God knows what their reaction could be and I could end up putting mine, theirs and anyone else around in danger.
    A good driver knows how to read the situation and act accordingly.
    If we all decided once and a while to teach other drivers a lesson we'd have more deaths on our roads.. and there are enough of those already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

A narrow road, oncoming traffic, a wheelchair and a pedestrian. I saw that we were all going to meet at about the same time and place and correctly guessed that the pedestrian might step off the path, so I slowed right up, just in case. And she did! It's nice when a plan comes together!

http://youtu.be/0JxAyPLErNs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

bear1 wrote: »
    Yes, but you were saying is that the OP should have accelerated and forced the offending car back into it's lane.
    The OP acted correctly, saw the idiot, gave them room to do what they had to do and end of story.

Exactly, this video showed one gob****e in action, its when 2 gob****es meet that things go really wrong. Well handled OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Jesus, whats wrong with you. You should have clipped her with your mirror.
    Give her a bit of a lesson. A lesson to save her life.

A good beep of the horn was certainly in order, yes to help save a life.

I've been known to blow furiously at pedestrians, especially little children with even smaller children in buggies.

A little 'safe' fright can save a life.

I replaced my car horn with an air horn. And I save lives every week. One blow of the air horn and knees buckle and hands tremble. They will never forget that air horn, never. I go to bed every night with a big smile on my face, knowing that I saved lives today.
    http://youtu.be/XDvuAYySJj0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

You slowed down and let him in. You should have drove on and blasted him back to where he came from.
    Jesus, whats wrong with you. You should have clipped her with your mirror.
    Give her a bit of a lesson. A lesson to save her life.
    I replaced my car horn with an air horn. And I save lives every week. One blow of the air horn and knees buckle and hands tremble. They will never forget that air horn, never. I go to bed every night with a big smile on my face, knowing that I saved lives today.
    http://youtu.be/XDvuAYySJj0

Jasus man would ya learn to chill out a bit, driving is not a combat sport you know.

In the clip of the woman walking off the footpath onto the road, don't expect them to actually hear you coming, modern cars are too quite, the woman may have relied on her ears to suspect [in this case wrongly] that NOTHING was coming ~ I do forgive her for not looking around.

A beep of the car horn would have alerted her and possibly awaken her to the danger that she may NOT have heard coming, so she might look around the next time to double check.

After all it might have been that Lamborghini driver from the other thread going down that road at that time, or the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A woman walked off the path infront of me this morning, just like the video above. Cam wasn't in the car though.

A woman walked off the path infront of me this morning, just like the video above. Cam wasn't in the car though.
    <unhelpful post removed>

Red Nissan wrote: »
    A good beep of the horn was certainly in order, yes to help save a life.

I've been known to blow furiously at pedestrians, especially little children with even smaller children in buggies.

A little 'safe' fright can save a life.

A valid enough point I suppose, but I was just working on the basis of "prevention being better than cure". I could have beeped the horn and upset the elderly person in the wheelchair, or provoked and angry response from the pedestrian, as has happened to me in the past. My objective was to avoid an accident, which I did. I think as soon as I passed her by, she might have realised what she did.

Either way, I achieved my objective and was just illustrating the fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Do you think tall horses have a sense of humour ?

sogood wrote: »
    Either way, I achieved my objective and was just illustrating the fact.

Fine, you did grand. I would not let a previous angry response from a pedestrian get me down, the soft two tap followed by a wave? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

Driver tries to escape Barry White...Gardai uphold the law.

I wish you would have edited that.........................now I'll have nightmares!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Are your wipers in sync to Barry White?.

Driver tries to escape Barry White...Gardai uphold the law.

If this the most interesting thing that you have recorded with your dashcam,
    than you must only got your driving license yesterday.
    Its boring, nothing happens in the recording.
    Its all in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

Its all in your head.

What's boring is your lame ass trolling of this thread...

RustyNut wrote: »
    Jasus man would ya learn to chill out a bit, driving is not a combat sport you know.

C'mon.. "obvious troll is obvious", is that not the saying? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Its all in your head.

You are now banned from this thread. Post again, and you will be forum banned.

• Advertisement

Its all in your head.
    In the first few seconds he passes a parked Garda car, at about 1:30 a car passes on the right of the lights and is chased by the Gardaí and caught a couple of hundred metres after the lights.

Law enforcement at work!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement