Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The most pathetic insurance scam attempt I've seen yet :D

I hope he kicked seven shades of ****e out of her once off camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

BMJD wrote: »
    Bastard stone from a truck cracked my windscreen. Looks like it didn't actually fall out of the truck so I can't bill them for repair/replacement :(

34823rq.jpg

Watch it spread magically across the screen as soon as you hit a bump :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I'd say this happens a lot.

Are bike cams allowed here? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Do you have your lights on?

• Advertisement

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The most pathetic insurance scam attempt I've seen yet :D

All the cars,busses,coaches and lorries that passed by and the silly Kcnt picked the one with the dash cam to try and scam...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Thanks for the video Pauld, brave enough posting videos of your driving around here.

Confused by the lights question as the video opens with the lights clearly reflecting of the car on the roundabout

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

pauld wrote: »
    Confused by the lights question as the video opens with the lights clearly reflecting of the car on the roundabout

TBF they look like the lights from the car beside him, I can't see his lights either although I am on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

rocky wrote: »
    Do you have your lights on?
    CramCycle wrote: »
    TBF they look like the lights from the car beside him, I can't see his lights either although I am on my phone.

Here we go again...
    1. Someone posts a video.
    2. Posters try as hard as they can to find a fault in his driving - be it speed, lights, acceleration or his choice of radio station.
    3. Someone posts a video
    4. Here we go again...

Why don't we change the thread title to the Crazy Russian Videos - these seem to be very popular here.

Hi cram understood. Camera shows how headlights range can be polluted by ambient street lighting in urban environment

Any appetite for posting unedited 3 minute video?

wonski wrote: »
    2. Posters try as hard as they can to find a fault in his driving - be it speed, lights, acceleration or his choice of radio station.
    I just said I couldn't see it and therefore understood the question. I seen nothing wrong with the driving but I can't see the lights. No offence to Pauld but I can't see them, and therefore could understand the question.

Looks like parking lights but I am on my phone as I said, ped was still a muppet, it looks like whatever lights you had catch his hi vis runners before he is just out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CramCycle wrote: »
    I just said I couldn't see it and therefore understood the question. I seen nothing wrong with the driving but I can't see the lights. No offence to Pauld but I can't see them, and therefore could understand the question.

Looks like parking lights but I am on my phone as I said, ped was still a muppet, it looks like whatever lights you had catch his hi vis runners before he is just out of the way.

OK, so it looks like he was driving on parking lights.
    Well spotted.

It had more to do with the position of the dashcam, and the obvious difficulties when recording at night. And I really doubt you could see his own parking lights on the video - whether you were on the phone or a 50 inches plasma.
    Not to mention that I can't see anyone flashing the lights at the OP - and I am 100% sure one of the driver he passed would warn him about the lights.

But please continue your investigation.

Jesus christ lads look at the grass verge on the right. You can see that its lit up from pauld's lights as he's driving. You can also see your mans lovely white trainers light up after 0:36 seconds. Finished?

More dash cam ass saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

This thread should be a judgement free zone for those who post videos in my opinion. 'Critique' only discourages posting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Caliden wrote: »
    This thread should be a judgement free zone for those who post videos in my opinion. 'Critique' only discourages posting.

This is motors. Hi OP, I didn't read your question, but it's YOUR fault! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

No harm if people want to discuss/critique a video. Thats the point of the thread. Not talking about this last video or discussion of, but in general its the guys who are just **** stirring and intentionally looking for faults are the problem.

Some of the videos people post here over the years are crazy and people do need to be taken up on some if only for peoples safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Pff i cant see my lights reflecting off the road most nights.

If it weren't for the dash i wouldn't even know they were on.

Good old orange light pollution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Jeez, it was a simple question, I couldn't see the lights, but they clarified they had them on.

No need to get your knickers in a twist...

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    But please continue your investigation.
    rocky wrote: »
    Jeez, it was a simple question, I couldn't see the lights, but they clarified they had them on.

No need to get your knickers in a twist...
    Ditto, I was just saying I could understand the question, I can assure you that before and even more so after pauld clarified that they were on, not one f*ck was given by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I thought this was going to be a rerun of the first video in this post. Someone reversed into me at IKEA :D

http://www.vantasks.ie/blog/driving-to-ikea-dublin-for-deliveries

cormie wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a rerun of the first video in this post. Someone reversed into me at IKEA :D

http://www.vantasks.ie/blog/driving-to-ikea-dublin-for-deliveries

I'm calling it now, someone is going to say something about you being too close to the woman who pulled out in front of you (and subsequently reversed into you).

I see nothing wrong with it but someone will. Anan1 maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Well then allow me to be the first to say well done for smiling about the whole situation.
    You were calm. Not too many drivers like you out there so well done.
    The rest of the drivers in that video are just plain idiotic. I liked the Kurwa part too ;)

The lens is a wide angle and she pulled out in front of me closer than it appears and I let myself get closer to her to let her know she pulled out a bit too quick without flashing the lights or beeping at her.

I knew it would be picked up on posting it here and was thinking to make it less obvious through video editing to avoid the hassle of having to defend myself but left it as it was, I was well aware of it and prepared for any sudden stops etc (although not necessarily to be reversed into :pac:)

bear1 wrote: »
    I liked the Kurwa part too ;)

That's the result of a Polish girlfriend and friends, I know it's got a pretty bad meaning but in terms of a word I find it rolls off the tongue very well and comes very naturally to me. I did lower the volume on that segment a little too, nothing meant towards the lady driving the wrong way :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Caliden wrote: »
    I'm calling it now, someone is going to say something about you being too close to the woman who pulled out in front of you (and subsequently reversed into you).

I see nothing wrong with it but someone will. Anan1 maybe....

The only thing I'd call out there is #4, bit harsh to complain about people braking in a car park looking for parking, no?

The rest are dopes, especially #1. :)

cormie wrote: »
    The lens is a wide angle and she pulled out in front of me closer than it appears and I let myself get closer to her to let her know she pulled out a bit too quick without flashing the lights or beeping at her.

I knew it would be picked up on posting it here and was thinking to make it less obvious through video editing to avoid the hassle of having to defend myself but left it as it was, I was well aware of it and prepared for any sudden stops etc (although not necessarily to be reversed into :pac:)

Oh I completely understand as I do the exact same thing myself *hides*

The reversing maneuver wouldn't have looked out of place on a Russian dash cam either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

And there was me thinking "bloody hell that Polish lad has some Dublin accent" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I'll not comment on this one. Reckon it might take a replay or two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement