Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

CramCycle wrote: »
    At the very least ring daddy's company and explain to them what was seen, what's on tape and then make up your mind on if you are satisfied with the response or not.

Agreed. Company should be made aware of this.

http://www.nutrisnax.ie/contact

https://www.facebook.com/nutrisnax

And here is the offending car

http://www.nutrisnax.ie/about-us

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mick55 wrote: »
    I'm torn between we've all been young and stupid and that was just too stupid to overlook!
    Hence the suggestion, if Daddy seems like he will give them a bollicking or take the car off them, then maybe its lesson learned. I myself am no longer young but unfortunately still stupid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hence the suggestion, if Daddy seems like he will give them a bollicking or take the car off them, then maybe its lesson learned. I myself am no longer young but unfortunately still stupid :(

Also, if that's a company car, more than likely Little Johnny is driving without insurance. The Guards take a very dim view of that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

post a link to the vid on their FB page ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

I've emailed the company with a link to the vid and an outline of what happened, hopefully they take this seriously. I'll update with reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I don't see what the fuss is about, probably a couple of morons bored after a day working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

BMJD wrote: »
    I don't see what the fuss is about, probably a couple of morons bored after a day working.

Doing 80 kph on a four lane motorway and slamming on the brakes with traffic behind to match the speed of a bus that just pulled away from a bus stop for horse play, Yep no fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

I've emailed the company with a link to the vid and an outline of what happened, hopefully they take this seriously. I'll update with reply!

I would be hesitant getting the Gardaí involved as you would appear to be doing well over 50 in the 50 zone when you overtake. Not that I am being critical as I do the same myself every single day. No speed reading on the video of course but at a minimum I wouldn't send the whole thing onto the Gardaí lest you cause yourself a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Doing 80 kph on a four lane motorway and slamming on the brakes with traffic behind to match the speed of a bus that just pulled away from a bus stop for horse play, Yep no fuss.

Fully agree, but its not a motorway its an N road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

One of the golden rules: Never act the mick in a company-branded car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Unless you're a gas fitter in a white van, they clearly don't give a fcuk ;-)

Apologies for the music, was listening to They Might Be Giants. Usually they are more cool than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Straight over some cross-hatch as well, but sure he was in a hurry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭navara man

RangeR wrote: »
    Also, if that's a company car, more than likely Little Johnny is driving without insurance. The Guards take a very dim view of that these days.
    and why do you think that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭navara man

It look to me the only reason driver slammed on the brake is because she see the hazard lights on bus .and must have thought they was some type of accident on the road ete

Didn't look like they "slammed" on the brakes. Looks more like someone has been waiting an eternity for something interesting to happen on their dashcam and this was the best that they could come up with. I didn't defend the idiots, I just think that talk of Gardai, dangerous driving, no insurance, etc. is over the top nonsense over little or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

Looks more like someone has been waiting an eternity for something interesting to happen on their dashcam and this was the best that they could come up with.

Yea that's me.. :rolleyes:
    nonsense over little or nothing.

If they had of caused and accident, say someone rear ended me for example and they drove on oblivious would it still be nonsense or little or nothing then? Regardless of your perception of the severity of the braking involved I have no doubt in my mind it constituted as dangerous driving.

I know its easy to say there was no one near you and they should be a safe difference behind you but in this is seldom the case.

They put other road users in danger, that is immature and selfish.

If they had of caused and accident, say someone rear ended me for example and they drove on oblivious would it still be nonsense or little or nothing then? Regardless of your perception of the severity of the braking involved I have no doubt in my mind it constituted as dangerous driving.

I know its easy to say there was no one near you and they should be a safe difference behind you but in this is seldom the case.

They put other road users in danger, that is immature and selfish.

if someone rear-ended you it would have been because they were either driving too close to you or not paying attention, end of

report it to the Gardai if you think it's worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Didn't look like they "slammed" on the brakes.

Well then riddle me this Batman ... How did they press the brake for 4 seconds, stop going 80 kph, and match the speed of the bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Merging from M50 (heading south from Finglas ) to N3 before Blanchardstown.

This genius decides to slam on the brakes in rush hour traffic so his mate can 'dance attack' the bus beside them.

As you can see from the video I flash him so he decides to fly up behind me trying to intimidate me, as I let him pass the passenger, complete with hood up and sunglasses on, proceeds to dance attack me....

You should have seen their faces when I pointed to the camera, both their faces dropped and they fell into the slow lane and wouldn't look at me!

Obviously two young lads in daddy's company car out for the day, but if you're going to act the bollox and drive dangerously don't do it in a car covered in your compay's graphics!!

Considering forwarding to the Guards as in my eyes this constitutes as dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention, reckless driving or all of the above. That junction is fast and busy, there is traffic from N3, M50(S) and M50(N) all merging and is no place for this childish behavior.

Looks to me like he saw the bus on his left and he though it might cross his lane and he hit the break!! Just sayin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Straight over some cross-hatch as well, but sure he was in a hurry :pac:

Gas leak? Report of a smell of gas? Dublin Fire Brigade request as scene?

• Advertisement

Merging from M50 (heading south from Finglas ) to N3 before Blanchardstown.

This genius decides to slam on the brakes in rush hour traffic so his mate can 'dance attack' the bus beside them.

I'm afraid it may be you sir, from your video who may not have been paying attention.

The Dublin Bus with hazards on, to me, was threatening to cross over to the 'fast lane' in that situation I'd have panicked too.

If anyone needs reporting here, perhaps it's the bus driver. The car did pull over to let you pass ~ he was freaked by the bus, I'd be freaked by this bus too, I'd have jammed on too, or sped away fast, but I don't have a fast vehicle.

You, IMO, are driving too fast and not watching out sufficiently.

That said, I've a few close calls that the camera sees unemotionally. We, however, don't drive like robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I'm afraid it may be you sir, from your video who may not have been paying attention.

The Dublin Bus with hazards on, to me, was threatening to cross over to the 'fast lane' in that situation I'd have panicked too.

If anyone needs reporting here, perhaps it's the bus driver. The car did pull over to let you pass ~ he was freaked by the bus, I'd be freaked by this bus too, I'd have jammed on too, or sped away fast, but I don't have a fast vehicle.

You, IMO, are driving too fast and not watching out sufficiently.

That said, I've a few close calls that the camera sees unemotionally. We, however, don't drive like robots.

Rubbish ...

Freaked by a bus? well he shouldn't be on the road then.
    When he hits the brake the bus barely has two wheels into the third lane never mind entering into the fourth lane ... why was he not freaked out by the van that was moving into the third lane just when the upper and lower N3 merge? or is it just busses he gets freaked out by?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Maybe this would have been better in its own thread ? Less chat . . more videos !!

Ken

Barrel wrote: »
    Rubbish ...

Freaked by a bus? well he shouldn't be on the road then.
    When he hits the brake the bus barely has two wheels into the third lane never mind entering into the fourth lane ... why was he not freaked out by the van that was moving into the third lane just when the upper and lower N3 merge? or is it just busses he gets freaked out by?

Don't ask me, actually, the video is quite clear and is evident of what happened.

Reactions like this are and must be expected, it is not easy, and it is akin to seeing the football crossing the road or the shadow of someone in between parked cars.

In my opinion the bus crossed TWO lanes ~ it SHOULD merge, which means moving onto the next lane, positioning, matching traffic speed, and then moving into the next lane ~ repeat. .

Tzardine wrote: »
    Agreed. Company should be made aware of this.

http://www.nutrisnax.ie/contact

https://www.facebook.com/nutrisnax

And here is the offending car

http://www.nutrisnax.ie/about-us

That post is not good. You should delete it.
    if you don't like what you saw then ring them and ask for an explanation.

Enough companies are struggling to make a living without you posting this negative stuff about them without knowing the true facts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Don't ask me, actually, the video is quite clear and is evident of what happened.

Reactions like this are and must be expected, it is not easy, and it is akin to seeing the football crossing the road or the shadow of someone in between parked cars.

In my opinion the bus crossed TWO lanes ~ it SHOULD merge, which means moving onto the next lane, positioning, matching traffic speed, and then moving into the next lane ~ repeat. .

I got the impression that the bus driver was flashing his hazards as a "thank you" to the car behind that had allowed him to pull out. Unlike the offending car that gave ONE little blink of an indicator, when changing lanes and just AFTER he began the move. His sudden and sharp braking was a little bit of an over reaction IMHO. Just my tuppence worth.

sogood wrote: »
    His sudden and sharp braking was a little bit of an over reaction IMHO. Just my tuppence worth.

Yes, IMO it was too, but 'somewhat' justified. Keep in mind the offending car does not see the flashers, he/her sees a sudden movement of a large vehicle with its indicator signalling right, possibly into your lane, and it is a fast movement.

The key for me is they pull over when they consider it is safe to do so. :) In front of the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Enough companies are struggling to make a living without you posting this negative stuff about them without knowing the true facts..

Ah give over would ya, you really think one post on boards is going to make this company suddenly loose all its business and go bankrupt. Don't be silly.

Plus you can see the braking and arm waving clearly in the window. As someone said earlier never act the maggot in commercially branded vehicle it's rule no.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The best thing you can then is notify the company and give them a chance to give a full and comprehensive explanation here on this thread.

• Advertisement

Ah give over would ya, you really think one post on boards is going to make this company suddenly loose all its business and go bankrupt. Don't be silly.

Plus you can see the braking and arm waving clearly in the window. As someone said earlier never act the maggot in commercially branded vehicle it's rule no.1
    RainyDay wrote: »
    The best thing you can then is notify the company and give them a chance to give a full and comprehensive explanation here on this thread.

My last word on this because we are taking over this thread.

@Marty McFly Maybe you are right and my comment is OTT but the post did link their Facebook page. I still think thats wrong.

@ RainyDay the links are posted if you feel that way inclined but its not my style.

Have a Good Patricks weekend folks and keep them cams rolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement