Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dfmnoc wrote: »
    You had a red light anyway why so impatient
    Here we go again...
    Yes, he could slow down and let the guy in, but it doesn't change the fact that the OP had a right of way, and the other driver should pull out straight away rather than stop in the middle of the road. Would it be any different if there was a green light - don't think so. The other driver would pull out in the very same manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

RangeR wrote: »
    With a rather large 4x4 Jeep right up my ass, me being in a very small MR2 . . .

Perhaps the Large 4x4 behind you was thinking why doesn't this idiot in the MR2 stop hogging the overtaking lane ? ;)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Dfmnoc wrote: »
    You had a red light anyway why so impatient
    Yield sign in place means one MUST yield regardless of light on an other road. Simple as that.

Additionally - it was not the first time that woman did not stop over there, at least once before got in front of me on green light.

===================

Bonus - not a dashcam alright, not sure where would be a good place to post it.

English subtitles available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Crumbs................that really takes the biscuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

joujoujou wrote: »
    Yield sign in place means one MUST yield regardless of light on an other road. Simple as that.

Additionally - it was not the first time that woman did not stop over there, at least once before got in front of me on green light.

Not defending that driver but that junction is a balls at the same time, the cars parked on the left make it hard to see approaching cars plus the fact you can have drivers turning off the inner relief road while there's a queue of cars stopped at the red light makes it hard to turn right the way that driver was coming out. Still out way too far though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

ZENER wrote: »
    Perhaps the Large 4x4 behind you was thinking why doesn't this idiot in the MR2 stop hogging the overtaking lane ? ;)

Ken

Possibly... But he'd be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Possibly... But he'd be wrong.

Well you were in that lane for the first 10 seconds while the driving lane was empty?

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Well you were in that lane for the first 10 seconds while the driving lane was empty?

You'd rather he swung into the normal lane then move back out should someone barrel down the sliproad? I know that if I overtake a car and am coming to a sliproad entry I'll stay in the overtaking lane for a few more seconds until passed the sliproad before moving back in, that and he was gaining on the car on the inside lane. I also don't think that even if OP was hogging the overtaking lane it doesn't give a driver behind him right to hang off his back bumper.

rizzodun wrote: »
    You'd rather he swung into the normal lane then move back out should someone barrel down the sliproad? I know that if I overtake a car and am coming to a sliproad entry I'll stay in the overtaking lane for a few more seconds until passed the sliproad before moving back in, that and he was gaining on the car on the inside lane. I also don't think that even if OP was hogging the overtaking lane it doesn't give a driver behind him right to hang off his back bumper.

I'd pull in straight away after I overtake. I treat is like a normal road. It's the merging cars job to find an opportunity to join, not mine.

I'd pull in straight away after I overtake. I treat is like a normal road. It's the merging cars job to find an opportunity to join, not mine.

That worked out well for the merging car in that vid.

• Advertisement

That worked out well for the merging car in that vid.

And the person who posted the video was in the overtaking lane. It still happened so what difference does it make? Better to just use lanes properly. Just because one person is a crap driver doesn't mean everyone should act like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

I know that if I overtake a car and am coming to a sliproad entry I'll stay in the overtaking lane for a few more seconds until passed the sliproad before moving back in, that and he was gaining on the car on the inside lane. I also don't think that even if OP was hogging the overtaking lane it doesn't give a driver behind him right to hang off his back bumper.

You are wrong to stay in the passing lane when not passing. Its a fairly simple system. Blocking passing lanes when not passing will antagonise people. You can't piss people off into doing something then moan about their reaction. Then try defend your incorrect actions as if your the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Have you never heard of the concept of defensive driving or road sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

............................... I'm far enough away in the far outside overtaking lane. There is a car in the lane to my right...............................

I can't see who you are overtaking and I can't see any lane on your right.
    I have no doubts that the d!ck horsing across two lanes on entering the motorway was out of order, but in a nearby jurisdiction you would be prosecuted for causing an obstruction if spotted by the black rats.

Filtering is something we all have to get better at in this country.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Have you never heard of the concept of defensive driving or road sharing?

Not sure how either applies here. Driving lane was clear. OP stayed in overtaking lane. That's pretty much all there is to it. Not sure why people are even arguing this. The guy who pulled out was a dumbass but two wrongs don't make a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The kangaroo court is now in session....pretty soon people won't be arsed posting videos up here from all the nitpicking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Terrible attitude. God forbid you'd try and make somebody's merge a little easier and move across into an empty lane to allow them space to merge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Patrickheg

Sorry for quality - top of the windscreen was still a bit foggy after overnight parking. :o

What's worse than a super aggressive driver who over reacts and sits on their horn?

One with a dash cam who tries to make the event look life threatening so they can run home and post it on youtube.

While dash cams have their uses I think they can also add an element of menace case and point being the driver above.

gutteruu wrote: »
    You are wrong to stay in the passing lane when not passing. Its a fairly simple system. Blocking passing lanes when not passing will antagonise people. You can't piss people off into doing something then moan about their reaction. Then try defend your incorrect actions as if your the victim.

I never said I stay in the overtaking lane when not passing, I said if I am overtaking and come to a sliproad entry I wait a few seconds longer until I'm passed it before moving back to the inside lane, I'd rather not be merging in to the inside at the same time someone may be coming down the sliproad, its all well and good saying its the merging drivers job to join, but I'd rather give them distance if I can.

The kangaroo court is now in session....pretty soon people won't be arsed posting videos up heer from all the nitpicking

You're wrong.
    There are loads of indignant drivers posting clips on this forum who are in breach of the rules of the road, when it's pointed out they tend to get stroppy. They're wrong too. Search Boards.ie for NCT or learner permits and you'll find many more misinformed navel gazers. When all drivers in this country accept that there is a standardised way to drive safely and when the authorities understand that there are safe ways to deviate from that our roads will be vastly safer places. Attacking the critics benefits nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I never said I stay in the overtaking lane when not passing, I said if I am overtaking and come to a sliproad entry I wait a few seconds longer until I'm passed it before moving back to the inside lane, I'd rather not be merging in to the inside at the same time someone may be coming down the sliproad, its all well and good saying its the merging drivers job to join, but I'd rather give them distance if I can.

I do exactly the same. It seems as if simple common sense and basic courtesy escapes some people :rolleyes:

Cedrus wrote: »
    You're wrong.
    There are loads of indignant drivers posting clips on this forum who are in breach of the rules of the road, when it's pointed out they tend to get stroppy. They're wrong too. Search Boards.ie for NCT or learner permits and you'll find many more misinformed navel gazers. When all drivers in this country accept that there is a standardised way to drive safely and when the authorities understand that there are safe ways to deviate from that our roads will be vastly safer places. Attacking the critics benefits nobody.

Am I? - I really couldn't be arsed sticking another video up here myself after reading all this ****e and hopefully others will follow suit.

Sorry for quality - top of the windscreen was still a bit foggy after overnight parking. :o

At that point YOU were the yield violator, why would you post the evidence?????????????????????????

Am I? - I really couldn't be arsed sticking another video up here myself after reading all this ****e and hopefully others will follow suit.
    No loss to me.
    Until I meet you on the road.

No loss to me.
    Until I meet you on the road.

Could try and bother to come up with a witty retort to that but I just don't care to be honest...

I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

At that point YOU were the yield violator, why would you post the evidence?????????????????????????

Where is your video?

I notice the guardians of the moral police who are quick to criticise without knowing the actual roads in question NEVER post videos of their own driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Should be a way of people voting unhelpful posters off this thread.

moxin wrote: »
    Where is your video?

I notice the guardians of the moral police who are quick to criticise without knowing the actual roads in question NEVER post videos of their own driving.

I don't have a dash cam. If I had I still wouldn't not for fear of criticism, I like constructive criticism, but because I'd be too lazy to.
    Days 298 wrote: »
    Should be a way of people voting unhelpful posters off this thread.

I see you have figure out what a public forum is fairly well.

moxin wrote: »
    Where is your video?

I don't have a dashcam at the moment, but I would never post a whiny babyish "see what he did to me mammy" while breaking the law myself.

Not that I am above breaking the law, if I had a cam yesterday when I was trying to make an appointment, I might have had to surrender my licence. I was travelling through flooded towns and getting caught on back roads by overly cautious drivers. I always make an effort not to distress elderly drivers who can't cope with todays speeds but I have no time for the "fast lane" dawdlers and eejits who couldn't be bothered to learn the ROTR. When I got on the motorway I "made progress" as the Institute of Advanced Motoring say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Gotta wonder sometimes at the rationale behind the submission of some of these videos.
    Is it - criticise other people's inconsiderate behaviour on the roads but ignore mine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement