Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Well then riddle me this Batman ... How did they press the brake for 4 seconds, stop going 80 kph, and match the speed of the bus?

press =/= slam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

BMJD wrote: »
    press =/= slam

tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif

This is a great example of people nit-picking and trying to turn things around to blame the poster on this forum.

The lads were clearly matching the speed of the bus to mess around. Unless the passenger suddenly started having a frantic fit at the sight of the bus, I'm pretty sure he was dancing exaggeratively (real word?) for 'da craic'. OP of the video is spot on in his remarks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^
    Yep, too many bored teenagers from AH on this forum.
    Contribute something of your own, or gtfo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Yes, IMO it was too, but 'somewhat' justified. Keep in mind the offending car does not see the flashers, he/her sees a sudden movement of a large vehicle with its indicator signalling right, possibly into your lane, and it is a fast movement.

The key for me is they pull over when they consider it is safe to do so. :) In front of the bus.

Didn't the offending car just come up from behind/outside the bus and would have seen what was going on, or should have, if he was reading the road, as opposed to driving with peripheral vision?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

<<<snip>>> Repost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

From what I saw, you didn't keep a safe distance (2 seconds gap). That's why they teach you this - so you don't rear end a car in front of you when something like this happens.

Sobanek wrote: »
    From what I saw, you didn't keep a safe distance (2 seconds gap). That's why they teach you this - so you don't rear end a car in front of you when something like this happens.

Well he didn't, so he did keep the appropriate distance.

franksm wrote: »
    Unless you're a gas fitter in a white van, they clearly don't give a fcuk ;-)

this van (or an identical one from the same company) passed me on the M1 yesterday tailgating the bejaysus out of someone, I'll have a look on the dashcam tomorrow to see if it is still on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Well he didn't, so he did keep the appropriate distance.

It's not black and white, you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Gas leak? Report of a smell of gas? Dublin Fire Brigade request as scene?

Riiiight, hence the internationally-recognised sign of emergency-response by flashing the left indicator all the way up the bus lane, only to turn it off at the end and barge onto the roundabout.

Although it's Bord Gais that respond to all such leaks nevermind which company the Property is serviced by.

Sobanek wrote: »
    It's not black and white, you know?

No, the video is clearly in colour ;-)

BMJD wrote: »
    this van (or an identical one from the same company) passed me on the M1 yesterday tailgating the bejaysus out of someone, I'll have a look on the dashcam tomorrow to see if it is still on it

he was only the second worst tailgater in this clip to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

pauld wrote: »

Not saying what the honda driver did was right but you should have seen that one coming once the honda started indicating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That was feckin comedy right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I wonder is that the same guy that let onto his father that he failed the driving test to get a reaction out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

RainyDay wrote: »
    Idiot driver

UjPLzCN-gB4

The cyclists had GoPro cameras on their helmets. I'd love to see the reverse angle...

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    The cyclists had GoPro cameras on their helmets. I'd love to see the reverse angle...

It would at least look better than the footage from the car driver...

• Advertisement

Iwannahurl wrote: »

And particularly to see what happened on their first contact, the one the driver didn't record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

GE90 wrote: »
    Not saying what the honda driver did was right but you should have seen that one coming once the honda started indicating.

Can we not ban posts that contain the words "you should have" from this thread. Please. For the love of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

tin79 wrote: »
    Can we not ban posts that contain the words "you should have" from this thread. Please. For the love of god.

It's better than 'should of' at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

franksm wrote: »
    Unless you're a gas fitter in a white van, they clearly don't give a fcuk ;-)

Apologies for the music, was listening to They Might Be Giants. Usually they are more cool than that.

This the roundabout near the Supervalue in Lucan?
    Looks very very similar and he's not the only one to do that maneuver at it. It's really infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Caliden wrote: »
    This the roundabout near the Supervalue in Lucan?
    Looks very very similar and he's not the only one to do that maneuver at it. It's really infuriating.

Yeah, that's the one, Caliden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Mousewar wrote: »
    It's better than 'should of' at least.

Save that for the grammar thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

RainyDay wrote: »
    Idiot driver

<< Bikes >>

I'm not a cyclist and yes, the often infuriate myself up around the Sugar Loaf / Roundwood / Glendalough, but there is nothing illegal about cycling (at most) two abreast. Its inconsiderate but not illegal. Two abreast is like any car, just be patient and overtake when you can. The only time they must cycle single file is when conducting an overtake.

Most of it is here (Probably a newer act, I'm just not bothered to find it): http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1964/en/si/0294.html#zzsi294y1964a29

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'm not a cyclist and yes, the often infuriate myself up around the Sugar Loaf / Roundwood / Glendalough, but there is nothing illegal about cycling (at most) two abreast. Its inconsiderate but not illegal. Two abreast is like any car, just be patient and overtake when you can. The only time they must cycle single file is when conducting an overtake.

Most of it is here (Probably a newer act, I'm just not bothered to find it): http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1964/en/si/0294.html#zzsi294y1964a29

Have come across this quite a bit recently. I do not know the rules of the road regarding cyclists well enough but some cyclists are pig ignorant when it comes to taking up half the road. At least once a weekend I come across cyclists going along chatting away 3 abreast and not making any attempt to move in on country roads around where I live.

I believe cyclists make a rod for their own backs on Irish roads, they regularly break the rules of the road and zip through red lights yet expect drivers to fully respect them on the road. If I was on a bike I would be making sure that I gave the driver plenty of indication of what I was going to do as I would be the one hurt in the event of an collision. Too often an arm is thrust out as they shoot across the lane.

Was behind a guy on a country road full of potholes on Sunday who was cycling bang in the middle of the road and wouldn't let me pass.

I also do not understand why there were bike paths built for them yet they will not use them, seems like a waste of money. Surely it is safer for everyone on these paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Illegal or not, being a total prick by blocking a road shouldn't have to be illegal!

Fair play to Rainyday! That cyclist would still be shaking if it was me that found him! :eek::D

• Advertisement

gutteruu wrote: »
    Illegal or not, being a total prick by blocking a road shouldn't have to be illegal!

Fair play to Rainyday! That cyclist would still be shaking if it was me that found him! :eek::D

Eh, you might have missed the fact that I posted the vid with a 'Idiot Driver' comment. You did notice that the driver was holding his phone, right?
    Actually, when a cyclist is overtaking other cyclists, they can cycle three abreast while the overtake is in progress.
    ustari wrote: »
    Have come across this quite a bit recently. I do not know the rules of the road regarding cyclists well enough but some cyclists are pig ignorant when it comes to taking up half the road. At least once a weekend I come across cyclists going along chatting away 3 abreast and not making any attempt to move in on country roads around where I live.

You seem to misunderstand a few things. First, cyclists don't just get to use the roads when there are no cars around. Cyclists get to use the roads all the time. This idea that cyclists are supposed to pull over when cars are around is nonsense. Cars crawling through town at 5kpmh don't pull over for cyclists to allow faster moving traffic to proceed. So I've no idea why they expect cyclists to pull over.
    I believe cyclists make a rod for their own backs on Irish roads, they regularly break the rules of the road and zip through red lights yet expect drivers to fully respect them on the road. If I was on a bike I would be making sure that I gave the driver plenty of indication of what I was going to do as I would be the one hurt in the event of an collision. Too often an arm is thrust out as they shoot across the lane.
    I find it a bit strange when some people moan about cyclists breaking red lights, but don't seem to notice cars breaking red lights, or drivers on the phones, or drivers with broken tail lights, or whatever.
    Here's some examples of what is seen on the streets of Dublin every day. Yes, some cyclists do break traffic lights and some other rules of the road. But cyclists don't kill hundreds of people every year through dangerous driving, while deaths of cyclists hit an all time low last year.
    I also do not understand why there were bike paths built for them yet they will not use them, seems like a waste of money. Surely it is safer for everyone on these paths.
    Probably because said bike paths are full of broken glass, or soft mushy leaves (October-December) or full of pedestrians, particularly the dog walkers with their retractable lead stretched across the cycle path like the ould Nazi piano wire trick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement