Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Throw it up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

dashcam118 wrote: »
    Not a video that really saves my ass, but I thought I'd have a little fun with my cam. And the other thread specified no videos so there was nowhere else to put it really.

Watch in 720p.
    Recorded with the Smartcam 2HD that I got from micks garage.
    Great camera, but notice towards the end it goes black for a few seconds between each 5 minute recording. Annoying and I dont know why it does that.

Have you tried another card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

leaving it a bit late :rolleyes:

well into the hatched markings by the looks of it
    2eapds4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Jeasus, that was a bit tight...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That's 2.25 minutes of my life Il never get back :pac:
    I thought it was funny the way the video appeared to slow when the Garda checkpoint appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

He slowed down and looked back at me in disgust. He'll probably do it again too.

What's that bright flash near the jogger around 00:52?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'd imagine he has an armband that holds an ipod or such and its the screen light of it your seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

bbk wrote: »
    That scared the ****e out of me.
    i would have stoped the car safely and got out and give her my KNOCK ME DOWN JACKET. stupid to go out jogging without no light what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    What's that bright flash near the jogger around 00:52?

He's running with a tiny torch pointed at the ground. He then shines it at the last second into the windscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

He's running with a tiny torch pointed at the ground. He then shines it at the last second into the windscreen.

Unfortunately my graphics card is banjaxed so I can't see images clearly.

Care to say on what road that incident occurred?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

Finally caught something worth posting.

CR 7 wrote: »
    Fair play for reading that right, I couldn't see his wheel turn until he was 1/4 way across the road.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Fair play for reading that right, I couldn't see his wheel turn until he was 1/4 way across the road.

Based on their blank expression as I passed them, they seemed completely oblivious to the fact that there were other cars on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

CR 7 wrote: »

Great footage but I'd try tilt that camera up a little bit. Your getting a lot of footage of immediately in front of your bonnet. Ideally you want the bottom of the frame just covering the lip of your bonnet.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Great footage but I'd try tilt that camera up a little bit. Your getting a lot of footage of immediately in front of your bonnet. Ideally you want the bottom of the frame just covering the lip of your bonnet.

You're right actually. It was the first time taking footage off it and watching on a normal size screen, so that's my excuse. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Knife-shovel stand off in Russia, feel free to p1ss yourself laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Last night on the M50 approaching the Dundrum On-Ramp (Northbound) The usual 'sure, I just merged so I must be in lane 2 antics' I'd also like to point out there is a car to my right so a lane change for me to 3 was impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Wasn't going to post this, but found out this morning that there was a happy ending. I knocked down a dog in Lucan on Saturday, car ran over its rear legs - but once released from the car it ran off down the road and took shelter with some people at a bus stop.

Lovely dog, not too badly damaged but needed whisked off to the vets for stitches and a check to see if it had a microchip. It got back to its owners on Monday. At the bus stop, some great people helped, including the dude on the fab motorbike, the teenagers waiting for the bus, and a couple with a larger car that stopped and eventually took the dog to the vets. Nice reaction from some people although a couple of others were beeping while I did the emergency-stop and checked on the dog initially.

Video has no sound, the dog howling is a bit distressing. As far as dashcams go, I guess it proves its worth - it's a Blackvue unit running in full HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

franksm wrote: »
    Wasn't going to post this, but found out this morning that there was a happy ending. I knocked down a dog in Lucan on Saturday, car ran over its rear legs - but once released from the car it ran off down the road and took shelter with some people at a bus stop.

Lovely dog, not too badly damaged but needed whisked off to the vets for stitches and a check to see if it had a microchip. It got back to its owners on Monday. At the bus stop, some great people helped, including the dude on the fab motorbike, the teenagers waiting for the bus, and a couple with a larger car that stopped and eventually took the dog to the vets. Nice reaction from some people although a couple of others were beeping while I did the emergency-stop and checked on the dog initially.

Video has no sound, the dog howling is a bit distressing. As far as dashcams go, I guess it proves its worth - it's a Blackvue unit running in full HD.

VERY DECENT AND RESPONSIBLE of you. My compliments. Most drivers would leg it. I guess you're a dog owner yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

franksm wrote: »

Fair play to you op, it's not every one that would stop to make sure the dog was looked after

Glad to know the poor fella's OK. :)

Bastard stone from a truck cracked my windscreen. Looks like it didn't actually fall out of the truck so I can't bill them for repair/replacement :(

34823rq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

83709066.gif

BMJD wrote: »
    Bastard stone from a truck cracked my windscreen. Looks like it didn't actually fall out of the truck so I can't bill them for repair/replacement :(

Very unfortunate but proving the stone felt off the truck would be difficult really. And pointless.
    This is what the windscreen cover is for.

wonski wrote: »
    Very unfortunate but proving the stone felt off the truck would be difficult really. And pointless.

That's what I'm doing, getting replaced on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Today I had 2 funny incidents but I didn't have my dashcam mounted as it was literally a short journey each time of about 5 min :( Always happens when you have no cam! :mad: :)

One was a motorist who went against the flow of traffic entering an underground carpark and trying to reverse back up a short hill, myself who was behind the car actually gave way to the person to help out but the car's efforts to reverse up a bendy hill cheered me up :)

Another was in a housing estate and I spotted a cat under a parked car who was going to run across the road in front of me. I stopped the car from a speed of 10mph on an empty quiet street and the cat with a "black eye" type patch looked at me and decided to walk slowly across with a brazen look of superiority, I was pissing myself laughing like at the Russian video above. Animals are hilarious characters and i'm glad that Husky type dog posted in the video earlier is ok.

wonski wrote: »

I dunno, if a truck is overloaded because the loader or the driver is not educated enough then they should pay, If its a freak accident then that is for windscreen cover. Driving down the N7, I was overtaking a lorry when a lump of timber flew out of it and straight into my windscreen. Scared the sh1t out of me. Can't figure out to this day how it did not do more damage than a crack right in front of my steering wheel, I just seen it a millisecond before it hit, went all slo mo on me, couldn't avoid it, just thought I could have went worse. Then I didn't die, which was nice. To shook to get the license plate and unsure how I would get the driver to pullover safely at the time, Wish I has pulled over and called the traffic watch but hind sight is wonderful. My dad was a lorry driver for years, over loaded lorries should be halted and their drivers get their license stripped from them.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I dunno, if a truck is overloaded because the loader or the driver is not educated enough then they should pay, If its a freak accident then that is for windscreen cover. Driving down the N7, I was overtaking a lorry when a lump of timber flew out of it and straight into my windscreen. Scared the sh1t out of me. Can't figure out to this day how it did not do more damage than a crack right in front of my steering wheel, I just seen it a millisecond before it hit, went all slo mo on me, couldn't avoid it, just thought I could have went worse. Then I didn't die, which was nice. To shook to get the license plate and unsure how I would get the driver to pullover safely at the time, Wish I has pulled over and called the traffic watch but hind sight is wonderful. My dad was a lorry driver for years, over loaded lorries should be halted and their drivers get their license stripped from them.

I do know that in this case there is no case.
    I dunno, it didn't look to be overloaded tbh.
    The stone could be anywhere, on the road maybe?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was just thrown up off the road, there are always a bunch of lorries, tractors, machinery type vehicles in that area, the road is always filthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The most pathetic insurance scam attempt I've seen yet :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement