Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Yup, that's the one. As you prob know, quality is better during the day and with street lighting, not great with no ambient light at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

Had a near miss with a jogger this evening, goes to show bright coloured clothing isn't worth crap at night time.
    Look at all the other joggers in the area with reflective clothing, six alone in this short clip, so much more visible.
    Spotted this fella at the last moment running over a blind hill.

I run this same stretch a few times a week and always use the footpath to the right like a normal person.

That scared the ****e out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Still good enough to show someone with a death wish, that was a sxary moment, great reactions btw

First thought was theres a car coming, looks like i'm gonna hit this instead. Fair play to them too, probably followed him up the hill, anticipated it and slowed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Rather you then me Voodomelon. Great reaction. Not much more you could have done when someone acts suicidal.

• Advertisement

Looking at the timestamp, you literally had a second by the time you see him to react or hit him.

Btw re quality the YouTube conversion reduces the quality also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

rocky wrote: »
    I actually didn't see him until he turned right. Was accelerating to catch the green light. If you saw him in the distance at your first viewing, fair play to you.

If I killed someone it wouldn't have been my fault ;)

It might have been. You are advised to slow when approaching lights lest they change, not accelerate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

tin79 wrote: »
    Newer low :)

slammed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Had a near miss with a jogger this evening, goes to show bright coloured clothing isn't worth crap at night time.
    Look at all the other joggers in the area with reflective clothing, six alone in this short clip, so much more visible.

I run this same stretch a few times a week and always use the footpath to the right like a normal person.

That voice sounds like something out of a horror movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

rocky wrote: »

I think you deliberately put the boot down just so you could blast your horn at him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

You didn't stop at the stop sign :eek:

*Phones the guards*

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

stoneill wrote: »
    I think you deliberately put the boot down just so you could blast your horn at him.

No harm to wake him up, maybe he will pay more attention to the lights in future.
    I think it was appropriate horn usage, I think the other guy was sufficiently alerted, but a lot of them are so thick they would barely realise they where in a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Terrifying. You're just lucky that the car coming the opposite direction was back a bit otherwise something was getting hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

stoneill wrote: »

The "boot" was "put down" at least 1 second before you hear the engine and box kick down, it's not a DSG box after all.

Opposite normal traffic going through the green light should go straight ahead, so it wasn't unusual to see a car there, before him turning right.

You may be right, even if I saw him earlier (which I didn't), I probably would have still accelerated (maybe not as hard) to give him a blast of the horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If you see the guy in the orange top give him a slap,he deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

zerks wrote: »

Absolute clown - could have been a life changing moment for both parties there - had a similar scenario with a cyclist recently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Absolute clown - could have been a life changing moment for both parties there - had a similar scenario with a cyclist recently
    hi has anyone a link or could reccommend a dash cam they have used, theres so many on ebay , not sure which to chose thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

avfc1874 wrote: »
    hi has anyone a link or could reccommend a dash cam they have used, theres so many on ebay , not sure which to chose thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237

Try looking through this thread

That voice sounds like something out of a horror movie :D

Thought the same, was about to clear my throat, was all croaky!
    zerks wrote: »

He slowed down and looked back at me in disgust. He'll probably do it again too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

First off, apologies for the horrendous video quality - it's an old dashcam :o
    I wasn't expecting this guy on my commute to work this morning. I often wonder how people manage to get themselves into these situations :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Eireann81 wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting this guy on my commute to work this morning. I often wonder how people manage to get themselves into these situations :confused:

I bet that clown took the freeflow and doubled back ... what a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I was on the road to work this morning, as were most of us. Was on the M50 southbound. Just entered the 120Kph zone at J14 when I met this asshat. He is building up speed while leaving J14 which is fine. I sort of see him in my peripheral but I'm far enough away in the far outside overtaking lane. There is a car in the lane to my right and I'm catching him quickly. Just about to overtake when aforementioned asshat decides to cut me off. You might even see him wave.

With a rather large 4x4 Jeep right up my ass, me being in a very small MR2, jam on the breaks just enough to not hit him, maybe dropping to about 100Kph, then immediately hit the accelerator hard so as not to cause a crash behind me.

This asshat floors it. He must be up to 140 or 150. He literally disappears into the sunrise. I try to keep up but I'm not breaking the 120. Anyway, he gets caught in traffic ahead. I recognise the reg. I've already made the decision to follow him and let him know that I'm giving the below video to the Guards. Dammit, I'll be late for work but I don't mind.

Anyway, stroke of luck, he takes my N11 exit to work. Jeebus, 60 seconds later, he takes my turn again. We are stopped at lights. Well known lights. I know I have at least 2 minutes. I get out of my car and walk up along side his drivers side door. His window is open and I can see cigarette smoke billowing out. I come along side and I hear "Jayses RangeR, I'm very sorry about that."

The **** is a fooking co-worker. He wasn't even late for work. I let a roar at him and get back into my car. Meet him in the work car park and tell him to stay the **** away from me unless he wants a slap.

Got into work and I've been told that this guy is known for his atrocious driving. He probably doesn't even know how close he came to making his young kids orphans.

I'll be showing him the below vid after lunch, when I calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

That is truly awful driving. You did well to avoid hitting him, both with your car and in the immediate aftermath. Don't know if I would have been able to control my temper after catching up with him!

RangeR wrote: »
    I was on the road to work this morning, as were most of us. Was on the M50 southbound. Just entered the 120Kph zone at J14 when I met this asshat. He is building up speed while leaving J14 which is fine. I sort of see him in my peripheral but I'm far enough away in the far outside overtaking lane. There is a car in the lane to my right and I'm catching him quickly. Just about to overtake when aforementioned asshat decides to cut me off. You might even see him wave.

With a rather large 4x4 Jeep right up my ass, me being in a very small MR2, jam on the breaks just enough to not hit him, maybe dropping to about 100Kph, then immediately hit the accelerator hard so as not to cause a crash behind me.

This asshat floors it. He must be up to 140 or 150. He literally disappears into the sunrise. I try to keep up but I'm not breaking the 120. Anyway, he gets caught in traffic ahead. I recognise the reg. I've already made the decision to follow him and let him know that I'm giving the below video to the Guards. Dammit, I'll be late for work but I don't mind.

Anyway, stroke of luck, he takes my N11 exit to work. Jeebus, 60 seconds later, he takes my turn again. We are stopped at lights. Well known lights. I know I have at least 2 minutes. I get out of my car and walk up along side his drivers side door. His window is open and I can see cigarette smoke billowing out. I come along side and I hear "Jayses RangeR, I'm very sorry about that."

The **** is a fooking co-worker. He wasn't even late for work. I let a roar at him and get back into my car. Meet him in the work car park and tell him to stay the **** away from me unless he wants a slap.

Got into work and I've been told that this guy is known for his atrocious driving. He probably doesn't even know how close he came to making his young kids orphans.

I'll be showing him the below vid after lunch, when I calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭b318isp

Christ, that's bad. I guess you were in his blind spot - and he doesn't appear to be indicating either. Complete dive bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

b318isp wrote: »
    Christ, that's bad. I guess you were in his blind spot - and he doesn't appear to be indicating either. Complete dive bomb.

Honestly, it's only a blind spot if your not looking properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

b318isp wrote: »

Blind spot me arse, that guy is one of those who join the motorway and immediately and without looking swerve to the outermost lane and then just sit there for the entire trip and then, again without looking, swerve back at the last possible second for their exit.
    They do it, because they know everyone else must look out for them, so it's grand.
    Plus the Gards never said a thing to them, so it must be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭b318isp

Blind spot me arse, that guy is one of those who join the motorway and immediately and without looking swerve to the outermost lane and then just sit there for the entire trip and then, again without looking, swerve back at the last possible second for their exit.
    They do it, because they know everyone else must look out for them, so it's grand.
    Plus the Gards never said a thing to them, so it must be OK.

Or..."sure I glanced in the mirror and you weren't there - you must have been flying up the outside bud; it's your fault you were there"...

...whether reversing, changing lanes or overtaking, few people seem to take the time to observe carefully and throw an eye over their shoulder...

...or "FU, I had my indicator on, you should have let me in ya pr**k"...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Sorry for quality - top of the windscreen was still a bit foggy after overnight parking. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

joujoujou wrote: »

Sorry for quality - top of the windscreen was still a bit foggy after overnight parking. :o

You had a red light anyway why so impatient

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement