Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

homingbird wrote: »
    7 Euro with this service plus a 5er with parcel motel makes it 12 euro postage i will be shopping elsewhere.

Why are you using parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Does the 7 euro deliver it to your door or to a uk address like parcel motel that is why i said you need parcel motel to pickup the item for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

To be precise it's € 5.99 and it's only a Euro if you spent over €100 and they deliver it to your door...I get mine delivered to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

I dont no where you are getting 5.99 it says standard delivery is 6.99 which i was charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

delivery for me this week on 3 separate orders was €1 if >€ 100 and €5.99 if less than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

what happened my euro signs 👅 one euro if over 100 spend and 5.99 if less than that !

I dont no where you are getting 5.99 it says standard delivery is 6.99 which i was charged.

That's what I paid last last week and as per their website too.

"Here are the available delivery options:

Standard Delivery

Using our Standard Delivery, your order should be with you in up to four (4) to five (5) working days (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays).

Get Standard Delivery for only 5.99€!

Express Delivery

Place your order before 12pm Sunday - Thursday and receive your order within two (2) to four (4) working days (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays). For only : 11.99€

If you select our Express Delivery option, and your order is placed and accepted before 7pm Sunday - Thursday, we aim to have your order delivered to your door within two (2) to four (4) working days. Orders placed after 12pm will take an extra 24 hours to deliver (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays)."

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/deliveryinfo/deliveryoptions

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

Do you have something very large in your basket? None of the P&P charges you quoted are correct. It should be €1 for standard delivery once you're over €100. You're definitely on the ie site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

knipper wrote: »
    I had 115 and delivery was 4.99 for me.

Are you on http://ie.sportsdirect.com/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

guys what i have found is.

if your order is over €100 after the 20% disount using IRE20 has been applied then you will avail of the €1 euro shipping.

So in theory it means you need to spend at least €120 to avail of the one euro shipping offer if using the discount code. which i think is fair enough given everything you buy has an extra 20% off

Upon checking the site now 18:34

It looks like shipping for over 100 euro is gone - my bad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

guys what i have found is.

if your order is over €100 after the 20% disount using IRE20 has been applied then you will avail of the €1 euro shipping.

So in theory it means you need to spend at least €120 to avail of the one euro shipping offer if using the discount code. which i think is fair enough given everything you buy has an extra 20% off

Upon checking the site now 18:34

It looks like shipping for over 100 euro is gone - my bad..

Also looks like the 20% discount is gone as well. Have to wait for the January sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 goldfinger4296

I received a voucher for 10 sterling during the week and just used it in conjunction with the IRE20 code and they worked just fine. Order was for 18 euro and a few cents which including delivery and discounts I got for 4.09.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Can anyone confirm that by choosing E-Tail Standard Service - 01 that the order will be actually delivered as previous.

Or will the order just be held for up to 28 days until I go and collect it?

Until now I never got any of these options and always got stuff posted to me.

If it matters, my order is over 140 euros.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Tweaky wrote: »
    Also looks like the 20% discount is gone as well. Have to wait for the January sales.

I just made an order and it's still working. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

x PyRo wrote: »

IRE20 code for 20% off just worked for me too even though it seems to be gone from the website

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

x PyRo wrote: »
    IRE20 code for 20% off just worked for me too even though it seems to be gone from the website

My mistake - I had assumed when it was gone from the website that it was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Only delivery option is currently showing as €14.99 on IE site. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Arsenium wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that by choosing E-Tail Standard Service - 01 that the order will be actually delivered as previous.

Or will the order just be held for up to 28 days until I go and collect it?

Until now I never got any of these options and always got stuff posted to me.

If it matters, my order is over 140 euros.

Thanks in advance.
    Anyone any further info on this?

Made an order earlier in the week and got standard delivery for €5.99, trying to make another delivery now and it's coming up with etail collection for €6.99??

Will this get delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

My order with sports direct a month ago was delivered by etail here to Switzerland no problem and as quick as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

barneyrub wrote: »
    Anyone any further info on this?

Made an order earlier in the week and got standard delivery for €5.99, trying to make another delivery now and it's coming up with etail collection for €6.99??

Will this get delivered?

Wondering the same thing, got as far as place order and it showed delivery address but under the etail standard delivery it still said collect within 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

mcgarrett wrote: »
    Wondering the same thing, got as far as place order and it showed delivery address but under the etail standard delivery it still said collect within 3 days.

Yeah just ordered something this morning and got same message, collect from where??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Yeah just ordered something this morning and got same message, collect from where??

Ye I chose the etail €6.99 delivery and I don't really get the wording of the terms either? Etail have just taken over all sportsdirect overseas deliveries so if say it is just something that has to be drawn up again.

They use DHL though so goods will definitely be delivered to our homes.

Are you folks on UK version by any chance. As per Irish version it is still 5.99

QUESTION - What are the delivery options?
    ANSWER

Get it in time for Christmas!

The last delivery date for Delivery is the 15th of December at 12:00 midday (GMT)

Here are the available delivery options:

Standard Delivery

Using our Standard Delivery, your order should be with you in up to four (4) to five (5) working days (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays).

Express Delivery

Place your order before 12pm Sunday - Thursday and receive your order within two (2) to four (4) working days (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays). For only : 11.99€

If you select our Express Delivery option, and your order is placed and accepted before 7pm Sunday - Thursday, we aim to have your order delivered to your door within two (2) to four (4) working days. Orders placed after 12pm will take an extra 24 hours to deliver (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Are you folks on UK version by any chance. As per Irish version it is still 5.99

QUESTION - What are the delivery options?
    ANSWER

Get it in time for Christmas!

The last delivery date for Delivery is the 15th of December at 12:00 midday (GMT)

Here are the available delivery options:

Standard Delivery

Express Delivery

If you select our Express Delivery option, and your order is placed and accepted before 7pm Sunday - Thursday, we aim to have your order delivered to your door within two (2) to four (4) working days. Orders placed after 12pm will take an extra 24 hours to deliver (excludes Weekends and Public/Bank Holidays).

It says that, but when you go through the process and get to deliveries, on the IE site, it says etail collection €6.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

I was def on the ie.sd.com. It's changed since my last order went through last week. I even put through a dummy order with just a top in it and it came up with the etail options for collection, delivery or collect from warehouse.

Seems a bit messy.

I put it through as the 1st option as it's a cmas present so didn't want to delay anymore and hoping if it doesn't get delivered I can collect at DHL depot?!

Yeah I do see that, that's false promotion. On the main page it says 5.99 but when you go to check out it's 6.99 and 14.99 that's not on.

may be we should start using parcel motel, as it's free delivery in UK and then just pay parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭deremol

may be we should start using parcel motel, as it's free delivery in UK and then just pay parcel motel.

same options when you try parcel motel, not showing free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Escapees

Yeah I do see that, that's false promotion. On the main page it says 5.99 but when you go to check out it's 6.99 and 14.99 that's not on.

Seems once again that nothing is ever the price it appears to be with SportsDirect! The 5.99 delivery charge no longer applies - they've just been sloppy in going about updating the delivery info on their website. Also, the whole Etail thing has also been incorrectly worded re: references to collection when it doesn't apply for overseas delivery here.

Granted, there are some good deals on the website, but the whole misleading 'price from 1.99' for something that is actually say '10.99' if you're not an infant size or triple XL is kindof taking the mick. That's my two cents anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

Anyone have any advice for me.... I ordered goods from sports direct on the 28/11 however I never received a confirmation email. I emailed them on the 02/12 and they sent me a tracking number however this tracking number doesn't work. They responded to this initial email very promptly. My account has been debited for the full amount. I have since emailed them twice asking for a correct tracking number but they haven't responded to these emails at all. and I have tried to contact their customer service department by phone but this isn't accepting calls either....

I work full time so I need to know expected delivery as I know DHL take it back to their service center if they don't get any get an answer at the house and their nearest center to me is 60KM away. I am not impressed and I wont be buying off them again in a hurry. I am down €50, no goods some of which are gifts and I have no idea how I can get redress. Give me amazon any day in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Orders can sometimes be delayed if an item is out of stock or on pre-order.

If you got a tracking number on 2nd then I would expect it soon, although I appreciate that "soon" is no good to you.

DHL will often arrange for a second attempt at delivery but it might be worth trying etail who handle all sportsdirect.com shipping or perhaps DHL to see if it's on their system yet

Advertisement