Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

deremol wrote: »
    same options when you try parcel motel, not showing free delivery

I assume if you order from the uk sportsdirect site (Not ie.sportsdirect.com) and deliver via parcel motel then the shipping would be free to your parcel motel address.

My understadning would be that ordering form ie.sportsdirect.com assumes you are form over seas and applies the €6.99 charge regardless.

So based on the above you have to weigh up which is better. free shipping (+3.95 for using parcel Motel) and get using UK Prices.

Or 20% using the Irish sports direct website but having to pay 6.99 standard shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

fdevine wrote: »
    Orders can sometimes be delayed if an item is out of stock or on pre-order.

If you got a tracking number on 2nd then I would expect it soon, although I appreciate that "soon" is no good to you.

DHL will often arrange for a second attempt at delivery but it might be worth trying etail who handle all sportsdirect.com shipping or perhaps DHL to see if it's on their system yet

Thanks for your help;) problem is Sports Direct are telling me that its been dispatched therefore I would presume they were in stock and not on pre order but the tracking number they have given me isn't working so i didnt think there was any point contacting DHL as I dont have a valid tracking number.....! might give them a call anyway as I am getting no joy from Sport Direct...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GarC

Try the tracking number on the An Post - Track & Trace site.

For some reason some of the DHL packages (DHL Global Mail) is being handled by An Post when gets over here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good few of my amazon deliveries were DHL marked but delivered by An Post...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

slave1 wrote: »
    Good few of my amazon deliveries were DHL marked but delivered by An Post...

Could have been DHL as in the german postal service, which is the german version of an post, rather than DHL the international courier service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

So based on the above you have to weigh up which is better. free shipping (+3.95 for using parcel Motel) and get using UK Prices.
    You also have to factor in the size of the parcel. Not all parcels to PM are at 3.95!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

It arrived at 6th this evening. ..:) Thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Would I be safe to order today and get some items before Christmas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tony1980 wrote: »

If the items are on stock yes. If you order some items are that aren't in stock all items will be held until then so bare that in mind.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I ordered on the 1st and still havnt gotten a dispatch email? All items appeared to be in stock..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

deise_girl wrote: »
    I ordered on the 1st and still havnt gotten a dispatch email? All items appeared to be in stock..

I haven't received a dispatch email on my last two deliveries from sportsdirect

The order before that I got a dispatch advice email after already receiving the order.

I wouldn't read anything into no getting an email. Processing and dispatch could be taking a little longer than normal but the goods should still be delivered by the end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Metropolitan

barneyrub wrote: »
    Anyone any further info on this?

Made an order earlier in the week and got standard delivery for €5.99, trying to make another delivery now and it's coming up with etail collection for €6.99??

Will this get delivered?

Made an order Friday morning with the €6.99 "collection" option and was just delivered to me in Cork City, so rest easy, it'll come to your door alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

deise_girl wrote: »

I had the same, ordered on the 1st too, but I went to check on sportsdirect this morning, even though it says 'awaiting pickup by courier' on the order page, when I track order, it brought me to DHL and it's actually out for delivery. No one had contacted me so I assumed it hadn't been dispatched yet. Might be the same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

tony1980 wrote: »

I think the last order date to be sure of delivery in time is the 15th, somewhere on the site. Tbh, I wouldn't leave it that late as they seem to be a bit slow at the moment, which is to be expected of course. Just make sure everything is in stock and you should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

can anyone help, I'm trying to get delivery to parcel motel in Antrim, but the site is coming up at the ie version by default. When I type.com or.co.uk its defaulting to .ie I've cleared my cache and browsing data but still nothing.

When I try to process in the .ie site it says I can opt for a UK address to reduce the cost of delivery but but won't accept the Antrim address as a UK one because I'm in the .ie site :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 goldfinger4296

can anyone help, I'm trying to get delivery to parcel motel in Antrim, but the site is coming up at the ie version by default. When I type.com or.co.uk its defaulting to .ie I've cleared my cache and browsing data but still nothing.

When I try to process in the .ie site it says I can opt for a UK address to reduce the cost of delivery but but won't accept the
    Antrim address as a UK one because I'm in the .ie site :mad:

There is no advantage to use parcel connect with Sports Direct. DHL deliver your goods for them. I have been a customer for over 4 years now and never a bother. I ordered a bike on Thursday and it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I just want to use it because I live miles from a DHL collection point and there won't be anyone at home to accept delivery

fdevine wrote: »
    I haven't received a dispatch email on my last two deliveries from sportsdirect

The order before that I got a dispatch advice email after already receiving the order.

I wouldn't read anything into no getting an email. Processing and dispatch could be taking a little longer than normal but the goods should still be delivered by the end of this week.
    kc90 wrote: »
    I had the same, ordered on the 1st too, but I went to check on sportsdirect this morning, even though it says 'awaiting pickup by courier' on the order page, when I track order, it brought me to DHL and it's actually out for delivery. No one had contacted me so I assumed it hadn't been dispatched yet. Might be the same for you?

I just checked the status on sportsdirect now and it says "awaiting courier pick up" and then went into the DHL page and its in Dublin since yesterday evening but there seems to be no movement of it to Waterford?

I guess Ill just wait it it out a bit longer, Im not really in a rush for it, just it is taking noticeably longer than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

I just want to use it because I live miles from a DHL collection point and there won't be anyone at home to accept delivery

Use the nightline parcel motel address in finglas dublin 11 and they will know to put it to your parcel motel that you have selected on your parcel motel account once you put in your pm id

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Streets_of Rage 2 Come_On

Davy wrote: »
    If the items are on stock yes. If you order some items are that aren't in stock all items will be held until then so bare that in mind.

You must mean stuff that's on pre-order?

You can't order stuff not in stock and if it turns out that they don't have something in stock that you ordered, they'll just send everything else and adjust bill accordingly. They'll let you know by email before hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone keep getting "problem processing your order" message when trying to pay. Have tried several cards and PayPal and getting same message (yes there are funds to pay :) )

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Has it been asked about discounts?
    Any discounts going or is that usually after the Christmas rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Has it been asked about discounts?
    Any discounts going or is that usually after the Christmas rush?

IRE20 was working as of yesterday - 20% Off

Received my order today :)

Didnt have to sign for it though, I thought I usually did..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

Just tried and its still working today going to order my garmin watch thru this with the 20% off and I also have a voucher from a previous purchase last week.

There charging €7 for delivery thought it was only €1 when over 100eur?

Anyone else have a 10GBP/12EUR voucher that they are not going to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tweaky wrote: »

Damn it,ordered stuff the other day & assumed it was deffo over,no 20% discount for me.It arrived today & still saved me a good few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Tweaky wrote: »

Worked beautifully :-)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ahhh raging I didn't see the code! Ordered last night - just an order confirmation email no dispatch yet. Hopefully be here Monday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

My latest order was signed for at 11am yesterday morning in the Parcel Motel depot in Finglas. Still no sign of it being put into my local parcel motel locker.
    I only live in Lucan ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Made an order last week for 60Euro or so and they sent me a gift voucher for 10gbp, think it's an individual thing but got free pjs for my niece!

Advertisement