Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Karen23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sports World in Heatons accept returns from Sports Direct website ?

Nope, they dont. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Nope, they dont. 100%.

Thanks, probably just give the runners away so. The price of delivery and return would pay for another pair :-)

€15.50 to return with Parcel Motel. OMG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bump for the Sportsdirect thread

Get 5.25% back for new customers
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/sports-direct/

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Any codes for the .ie site at the minute ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Can someone explain to me whats the difference between worldwide site and Irish site? Pricing seems to be the same? Was using worldwide site, only found that there is an Irish site also?

Is delivery faster on one of them? Going to use express delivery anyway, just wondering if there is any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

vkid wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me whats the difference between worldwide site and Irish site? Pricing seems to be the same? Was using worldwide site, only found that there is an Irish site also?
    Is delivery faster on one of them? Going to use express delivery anyway, just wondering if there is any difference?
    None.

Thanks. Is express delivery generally fairly accurate at 2-4 days?
    Need delivery by Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Need delivery by Friday?

Order this evening and you'll have the stuff in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Have over €100 in my basket. Looking for €14.99 delivery. When did that start? Usually €6 I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Kop On

Have over €100 in my basket. Looking for €14.99 delivery. When did that start? Usually €6 I thought.

Fairly sure it increased to 7.99 delivery a while ago. Never saw delivery for €14.99, is that for express delivery by any chance?

• Advertisement

Kop On wrote: »
    Fairly sure it increased to 7.99 delivery a while ago. Never saw delivery for €14.99, is that for express delivery by any chance?

Express is €32. Crazy.

Barlin is what they're calling the delivery. This used to be DHL. WOnder is it a new courier or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Express is €32. Crazy.

Barlin is what they're calling the delivery. This used to be DHL. WOnder is it a new courier or something.

Oversize pieces in the order??

vicwatson wrote: »
    Oversize pieces in the order??

No, just a few tshirts and stuff. Nothing too unusual.

I'll check again tomorrow. Could be a glitch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

better off hitting a sports world in a heatons somewhere ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Sono

Express is €32. Crazy.

Ordered stuff last Thursday, got updates about Barlin but when I tracked it it lead me to the DHL site so dunno what's going on, either way it's a very quick service, should have the package by Tuesday I reckon.

@Mentalmario why not use parcel motel, try get the order to £100 or more if possible and get free delivery to PM then €3.95 to your local PM, happy days!

Need delivery by Friday?

Did you order? I ordered last Thursday evening and I checked the location and it's in Dublin and I'll have tmw. Excellent service in fairness and I went with standard postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I returned a couple of t-shirts yesterday - I am a large male 6ft 13.5st and an addidas medium t-shirt was like a dress on me.

Anyway I posted them back requesting they send back smaller sizes with An Post and it cost 5 euro - on top of the original 6 euro I paid for delivery from Barlin - will Sports Direct be in contact looking for another 6 euro to send me these returns or will they just send them back free of charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I returned a couple of t-shirts yesterday - I am a large male 6ft 13.5st and an addidas medium t-shirt was like a dress on me.

Anyway I posted them back requesting they send back smaller sizes with An Post and it cost 5 euro - on top of the original 6 euro I paid for delivery from Barlin - will Sports Direct be in contact looking for another 6 euro to send me these returns or will they just send them back free of charge?

They'll just send you the smaller size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Any codes available, also what's the story with free delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Vego wrote: »
    better off hitting a sports world in a heatons somewhere ....

Sportsworlds content are identical, just a bit more pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Antrim_Man wrote: »

A bit? Like for like content is idential, although Sports World only stock a fraction of what's available online. Anything like for like that I have looked at costs considerably more in Sports World.

The €7.99 delivery cost from SD rarely makes things more expensive than I would pay in a Sports World store.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

fdevine wrote: »
    A bit? Like for like content is idential, although Sports World only stock a fraction of what's available online. Anything like for like that I have looked at costs considerably more in Sports World.

The €7.99 delivery cost from SD rarely makes things more expensive than I would pay in a Sports World store.

well which is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Seve OB wrote: »
    well which is it?

I think he means they are the identical items but Sports World are dearer.

Just a bit more pricey you say!? Went in last week into Heatons in blanch and could not get over the price of the running gear in their store compared to sports direct, karrimor shorts €4.79 online €18 in shop, exact same ones, Nike t shirt €28 in store cost me €18 online. The savings online is massive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Sono wrote: »
    Just a bit more pricey you say!? Went in last week into Heatons in blanch and could not get over the price of the running gear in their store compared to sports direct, karrimor shorts €4.79 online €18 in shop, exact same ones, Nike t shirt €28 in store cost me €18 online. The savings online is massive

Correct indeed, the price difference is mental, even with factoring in the cost of running the actual bricks and mortar shop.

A karrimor running jacket for myself was 46 euro in Heatons Sportsworld, got it online for 16 euro. Mental price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Seve OB wrote: »
    well which is it?

Like for like products are identical. Prices for them are not as others have confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

It's a pity Sports World are taking SOOOOO long getting their website up and running!! The difference between Sports World and Sports Direct is SD have a much better selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is delivery free if €100 is spent?

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    Did you order? I ordered last Thursday evening and I checked the location and it's in Dublin and I'll have tmw. Excellent service in fairness and I went with standard postage

Ordered monday. Got today. All good! Everything a decent fit and happy out!
    Great shop for shorts and tees for the holliers!

Advertisement