Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba nightclub (now Bentley)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was never known as Bentley 2 around town. Some people called it the 'New Bentley' alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

milehip1 wrote: »
    After a refit the original bently was know as the bently 2 ,
    not sure if that was its proper title,
    but that's what all the redders down my way used to call it,
    that would make this current incarnation the bently 3 by my count.

disclaimer: I was never in 1 or 2 nor do I intend to be in 3
    Jees those 'reds' have some imaginations ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Yes I just sat my Leaving Cert but that doesn't mean I can't be sophisticated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yes I just sat my Leaving Cert but that doesn't mean I can't be sophisticated!

If they were aiming for an "older, more sophisticated crowd" you wouldn't be let in.

Go to halo or buskers if you want to be surrounded by people in their 30's dressed in TKMaxx best late season faux designer garbs.

One thing I do like about the Bently is they haven't implimented retarded "no trainer" rules.

so·phis·ti·cat·ed(sschwa.gif-fibreve.gifsprime.giftibreve.gif-kamacr.giflprime.giftibreve.gifd)
    adj. 1. Having acquired worldly knowledge or refinement; lacking natural simplicity or naiveté.
    2. Very complex or complicated: the latest and most sophisticated technology.
    3. Suitable for or appealing to the tastes of sophisticates: a sophisticated drama.

Thanks for the tip, I don't like Halo. I wanted somewhere more sophisticated. See the definition, worldly knowledge. I've lived in eighteen countries, regardless of age that leads to a certain level of sophistication. It's different from snobbery, I don't like labels etc as was suggested.
    I prefer the Oslo and Cottage so might just stick to them.

• Advertisement

so·phis·ti·cat·ed(sschwa.gif-fibreve.gifsprime.giftibreve.gif-kamacr.giflprime.giftibreve.gifd)
    adj. 1. Having acquired worldly knowledge or refinement; lacking natural simplicity or naiveté.
    3. Suitable for or appealing to the tastes of sophisticates: a sophisticated drama.

Thanks for the tip, I don't like Halo. I wanted somewhere more sophisticated . See the definition, worldly knowledge. I've lived in eighteen countries, regardless of age that leads to a certain level of sophistication. It's different from snobbery, I don't like labels etc as was suggested.

No offence, but no night club, anywhere, is "sophisticated" they all play **** chart music, sell **** beer, are filled with drunk plebs and are generally crap.

The Cottage and the Oslo are grand but both close at 12.30 on weekend nights so I guess, much like myself, you are forced to slum it with the lessers if you want to have a drink later in the night.

The closest to "sophisticated" I'd call any late night place in Galway is Massimo, and that's still far from "sophisticated".

Also, none of the 3 definitions you justcopy and paste in the previous post make any sense when you are talking about a fecking night club.

No but they do when talking about those who occupy the establishment.
    I've been to sophisticated nightclubs before, they just don't exist in Galway. I'd hardly call is slumming it going to a nightclub I don't particularly appreciate.

No but they do when talking about those who occupy the establishment.
    I've been to sophisticated nightclubs before, they just don't exist in Galway. I'd hardly call is slumming it going to a nightclub I don't particularly appreciate.

It's bloody Galway, in the middle of festival season at that, this city's night life is anything but sophisticated.

There is no such thing as a sophisticated night club, they all exist for the same reason, for people to continue drinking after pubs close and make the business as much money as possible by providing said service, and and with **** music thrown in as an after thought.

Not true at all, some have live music, Latino nights etc.
    I doubt we're going to agree on that though, you seem pretty adamant you're right so we'd best leave it be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

"Sophisticated" nightclubs are beyond awful anyway so you can all quit your whining

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    with **** music thrown in as an after thought.

But it's not s**te to an awful lot of people. When I go to a club I want to hear chart music as this is the type of music I listen to. So imo the clubs in Galway play the exact type of music I want to hear, that said Halo is really the only club I to go at the moment and while I like the sound of the Bentley in genaral I think the crowd will be too young by the sounds of it. If they do over 23's at the weekends then it might be a place to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Thanks for the tip, I don't like Halo. I wanted somewhere more sophisticated. See the definition, worldly knowledge. I've lived in eighteen countries, regardless of age that leads to a certain level of sophistication. It's different from snobbery, I don't like labels etc as was suggested.
    Going on the presumption here that you're 18/19, how do you know you don't like Halo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

THFC wrote: »
    Going on the presumption here that you're 18/19, how do you know you don't like Halo?
    Going on the presumption that "seriouslysweet" is a female, they could easily have been in Halo. Remember, women aren't treated equally.

Was away and only back to college now, saw this just there. Why would I not have been in Halo? I'm 19 alright but have been going there since I was 16 and a bit, yes illegal I know but it's full of fifth years!

Advertisement