Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba nightclub (now Bentley)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They are aiming to be open by the end of the month, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

MadYaker wrote: »
    They are aiming to be open by the end of the month, can't wait!

Open for the ocean race! :D

On another note, apparently they've received over 500+ CVs, mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Reopening as THE BENTLEY...

553906_410172335700825_1137905533_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Not quite the Rolls Royce..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ciano1 wrote: »
    Reopening as THE BENTLEY...

553906_410172335700825_1137905533_n.jpg

Dear God... my eyes... the branding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Groundhog Day comes to mind. Pity the GPO didn't reopen as KnoKnos and CPs as The Roaring 20s and we would have a bit of old Galway back.
    If it's who I've heard that's running it it must be the strangest career change ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

If it's who I've heard that's running it it must be the strangest career change ever.
    Michael D?

You're closer than you think if my sources are correct.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So once the Bentley closes, after that I predict that it'll be called Icon?

(blast from the past)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sh*te name. Ill still be there on opening night though, just to see what its like.

According to the facebook page the people running it are Shane and James Broderick. Anyone know these guys?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

All i know is that James is a pharmacist.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

The Bentley was great years ago and then across the road to Buck Rogers after for the chips!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

The bar part of The Bentley is open now for a "sneak preview". Considering popping down for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They have received a serious amount of negative feedback on FB regarding their promo photos etc. Looks like they are just going down the CP's, Carbon, Coyotes cheap tacky pop kinda route.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

They have received a serious amount of negative feedback on FB regarding their promo photos etc. Looks like they are just going down the CP's, Carbon, Coyotes cheap tacky pop kinda route.
    It gave me the impression they were catering toward Galway's vibrant homosexual community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I can't find them on FB, link to the pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Bar 903 open this evening, with a bouncer ont he door and all, soft opening perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Just what the world needs, another commercial nightclub, with any luck the top floor will cater for what cuba live catered for most recently (good dance acts)...BUUUUUUUUUT i doubt it.

barryd09 wrote: »
    Just what the world needs, another commercial nightclub
    As opposed to free drinks and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

As opposed to free drinks and stuff?

No, pissed up arseholes thinking they are the bees knees listening to Rihanna & other equally sh1te music.

Surely theres enough of these venues and enough people to fill them already?

• Advertisement

barryd09 wrote: »
    No, pissed up arseholes thinking they are the bees knees listening to Rihanna & other equally sh1te music.

Surely theres enough of these venues and enough people to fill them already?
    Galway isn't really big enough to cater for more niche markets though, so nightclubs (particularly the big ones) have to go for the masses.

Would be nice if they had more theme nights though, and by theme I mean music wise not those pathetic gimmick nights most of the clubs have now and then.

Opening officially tomorrow. The Jazz big band thingy playing Tuesday I think. My sources were correct about whos running it. Still think it's a strange change of career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Would be nice if they had more theme nights though, and by theme I mean music wise not those pathetic gimmick nights most of the clubs have now and then.
    Listen here. If it wasn't for Geordie Shore night Galway would still be in the Bronze-Age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Was in yesterday for a free glass of champagne. They've made the harvest space part of 903 so seems a good bit larger and brighter. Place is looking well.

But yeah the branding is all over the shop. Think they've three diffferent logos on their fb now. Bouncers were in long coats, got the impression they're aiming a lot more up market than Cuba was. But then they've those tacky promo photos...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Given the rent they're paying, i'll give them no more than 12 months in business.

I'm willing to be quoted on this, but only if there's a 20euro wager on it :pac:

Just saw their reply to the bad response to the promo posters, so much for staying true to Cuba....

"We're not Cuba and are not trying to be! We're the Bentley and are going in a new direction!"

:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can someone link me to Cuba/Bentley FB page please?

Rumour has it that they wanted to keep the name CUBA/903 but legally they weren't allowed. I know it's only a rumour but it's a fairly reliable rumour lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

In fairness, Cuba has really gone now. The old "Oh Carbon is the new Cuba" thing isn't true as they've let out that side of the club to the adventure store beside it (so its just a kinda crappy mainstream club inside now).

Personally? The Roisin/Bierhaus/Blue Note are the only Cuba-esque bars/clubs left in Galway sadly. The Bentlley looks like its just going to be a CPs rip off with a bar tacked on...

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Can someone link me to Cuba/Bentley FB page please?

www.facebook.com/BentleyGalway

Not coming up on Facebook searches for some reason.

Advertisement